• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

BFV on windows 10 and the latest update for 7 and 8

Eresdo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
I have my computer upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday.
BFV is since this time not working. I've reinstall BFV, checking all drivers, use the original CD with my optical drive - nothing helps to solve the problem.

Think I must just wait. In a few weeks much more people use Windiws 10 and then I found maybe something in the www to solve the problem.

Sorry for my english - I'm from Germany.

best regards
Eresdo

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Re: BFV and Windows 10

Anyone who runs windows 10 or installs the latest windows update,kb3086255, will find a lot of their old games no longer run. When this happens, you will need to get a no-cd crack in order to play.

You can find more info and the link to the no-cd here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6957#p53048

If you need any help please feel free to let us know.

P.S. Any game listed on the website below (134 total) that uses securom or safedisc will no longer work without a no-cd crack:
http://www.gameburnworld.com/protectedgameslist.shtml

Regards,
SucceededKiller

Xorsair

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score

I'm going to try upgrading from Windows 7 (Home Premium) to Windows 10 (Home). I'll probably be upgraded by tomorrow. At the moment my only concern is the gamespy. I just hope it saves and will go over to win 10 perfectly.

Eresdo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Xorsair said:
I'm going to try upgrading...

Hi Xorsair,

is BFV still working or not? Please let me know this after your upgrade. Thanks!

@ IceSkater:

I've a lot of experience with Computers.
I've tested all regulary ways to running BFV with Windows 10.
There is still no way to solve the problem. BFV didn't start under Win10, doesn't matter what i do.
In XP, Win7 and Win8 it is working proberly. For playing i use at moment a XP system on an old harddrive.
I'm hopeful to solve this problem soon...

best regards

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan

I may have a solution for you.

Try using a no-cd patch and seeing how that goes, I used this: http://www.gameburnworld.com/dl/dlgf.ph ... xedEng.rar

The game wont run on windows 10, or updated versions of other windows, because of some copy protection which I'm hoping Microsoft will provide an updated version of; but until they do I just played a map and moved onto the next using the no-cd above.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Eresdo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Thank you SucceededKiller,
thats the right way!
With the NoCd Patch i can start the game, but there is an other problem than. When i will connect to HELLO server then i fail with the message, the Files not the same as Server. I've patched the game to V1.2 and use the NoCD-Crack V1.2.

In SinglePlayer Mode i can now play without problems. It's unbelievable for me, that the game doesn't work with the original BFV Disk 1 in my optical Drive, but with the NoCD Crack it do!
WTF has microsoft doing here???

I hope, there is anyone with an idea, how i can play online at the HELLO server with windows 10!

best regards

Eresdo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

SucceededKiller said:
Did you copy all the files?

no, i didn't...

That's it!!! Thank you very much - you are my hero now!!! :D
I copy just the bfvietnam.exe in the game folder and the Mod.dll in the Mods-BfVietnam folder. Now I've copy all files, and it works! :)

technical information:

It doesn't work under Windows 10, cause safe disc driver (secdrv.sys) is not supportet in the new system (digital signature is failed, and thousend of old games don't start in Windows 10!).

you can found some informations in the www.
for example: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...l/65a6fe83-08df-4760-b2ad-6b1ce61d40d4?auth=1

Xorsair

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Hey guys, sorry it took so long for me to make a followup. I'm going to be installing Windows 10 (Home), probably tomorrow. Anyway, I did an experiment of taking all my game files and moving them to another computer. After conducting the test when connecting the game said "INVALID CD KEY". Anyway, would the BFV no CD patch help this issue?

Many thanks,
Xorsair / Zeer0ver.

T

TonyB

One of the players was posting during game play the other day that he/she had upgraded to 10. He/She lost their in-game music (which I have not had in years and I am thankful for that). I also lost my ability to do commands and get those annoying loop messages in some of the maps where the lady says things about GI die, etc. I don't want that fixed.

fastfoodkills

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score

Hello SuccededKiller,

With your help a couple of months back I was able to get BFVN working on Win7 after missing it for several years.

Just upgraded to Win10 and followed the steps in this thread and now it's reporting "data differs from server" - only changes are the no-cd patch and mods.dll. I wonder if it's because I'm running the BF Complete Collection??

FYI: I also set directplay = enabled in the legacy games setting on programs --> windows components

It was advised to use for older games such as BF42, etc.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what else I might try.

Thanks,

FFK

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan

Hey,

Please ensure you copy across all the files (you can probably skip the readme) as they are required. From the sounds of it, you missed the .org and the setup.ini (may not be needed, but not sure).

If you have done that, then perhaps try a reinstall, but for everyone else the issue has been that they skipped some files.

Regards,
SucceededKiller

fastfoodkills

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

SucceededKiller,

Once again, you have been a huge help. I'm happy to report that I was able to load a Hello MP map a moment ago with Win 10 64-bit.

You were correct: copying all of the files over did the trick.

One issue I noticed in both BF42 and BFVN is you want to avoid alt-tab to return back to Windows. It completely locked up the system with a black screen. I'll have to do some research and see if there is a startup switch to run BF42 and VN "windowed"? This would be nice.

Take care and bye for now.

FFK

Austin

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Not sure if this came up, but im going to put down a full list of instructions.

In some cases you may have to close the game while switching between maps. You will lose server music, will not hear commands, and please reply with any other problems.

Download this no-cd tool Here

Then, extract the files to either your desktop or downloads for quick and easy access. Then when thats done, find your bfv folder which should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam

The no-cd key consists of a modded .exe file, which you will see as bfvietnam.exe . , and a new mod.dll file.

At this point, create a new folder elsewhere that you can find where you will be able to find the original versions. They're useless, but its good to have them
cut your regular bfvietnam.exe file (the only one with an icon and file type is "application on win10), and replace it with the one you found in the no-cd zip file.

At this point, keep opening the 'mods' folder in the no-cd file until you find a mod.dll file. Copy this one, remove the one that is in your 'mods' folder in your BFV folder, and place the no-cd there.

At this point the game should work. Unless you change your settings, win10 will always ask you if its safe to open it. oh well, you can play. Enjoy.

fastfoodkills

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Well I have now been playing for hours on Win 10 and am once again having a great time.

Due to the system crashing when hitting alt-tab to switch windows, I decided to run BFVN in "windowed" mode with the following mode set in VideoDefault.con:

renderer.setFullScreen 0

EA Games\Battlefield 1942\mods\bf1942\settings\VideoDefault.con

More info here:

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... topic=1523

Win 10 is taking some getting used to. I found that you cannot get to file properties to remove the read-only flag so I had to first save my edited file elsewhere then go back and use admin permissions to overwrite the original.

T

TonyB

I upgraded to 10 and had no problems running the game. It did ask if I wanted to run in compatibility mode and I selected yes. Game works great and my prior problem of the sound sometimes not working has resolved. Knock on wood (the head of one of you noobs).

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan

Just to bump this topic a bit...

Anyone who installs the latest windows update,kb3086255, will find a lot of their old games no longer run. When this happens, you will need to get a no-cd crack in order to play.

You can find more info and the link to the no-cd here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6957#p53048

If you need any help please feel free to let us know.

P.S. Any game listed on the website below (134 total) that uses securom or safedisc will no longer work without a no-cd crack:
http://www.gameburnworld.com/protectedgameslist.shtml
Regards,
SucceededKiller

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

SucceededKiller said:
Just to bump this topic a bit...

Anyone who installs the latest windows update,kb3086255, will find a lot of their old games no longer run. When this happens, you will need to get a no-cd crack in order to play.

Thanks for posting this info SK! I would have been pretty mad wondering why my game stopped working if I didn't notice this posting.

Also, the workaround that MicroSoft posted in the link you provided does work, so, the no-cd crack isn't completely needed. But, I think as a point of convenience, the no-cd crack is probably the way to go.

Back