• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Friendly fire; should it be trialed?

Would you be interested in trialing friendly fire?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if adding text in other language than English would bring more people to the site to vote?
It seems as though the majority of players that Do come to the site are interested in having FF turned on.
I would believe that the majority of players from the server do not visit the forums, and would ultimately be losing their voice in this matter. I wish to see no one without voice on such a vote.

So when this poll ends Sunday, can we expect the servers FF to be changed for simply a weekend? Or is it possible that it could remain in effect for an entire week? I only ask because I think we should also recognize that if it IS to be only for 1 weekend, that does not give us (as a community) proper time to adjust to the difference in gameplay.
1 week of FF to practice would be of much greater benefit for everyone, the pilots of migs, and heli pilots, us infantrymen, the tankers and tubers, the sa7s.
If so, That means we try to cram all of this into 1 weekend, and than just turn FF off come Monday, just seems like a waste of a vote does it not?

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
The weekend is when the most players are available and this is something which we will need to test it, whilst also ensuring admins are available. During the week there are periods of time where there are no admins available and leaving FF on would probably be a bad idea.

Adding other languages to the announcements is likely to make them very long and they'll still need to translate the site once they get here. We'd need the announcement in German, French, Turkish, Spanish, Russian and Hungarian based on languages I recall being used so if someone wants to provide them we can give it a shot. (Google translate can be really bad, so if you speak the language that would be a lot better.)

=UPEO=Bojangles

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that putting the FF warning up in other languages is so important.

This wasn't done with base rape, yet a base rape rule is not immediately apparent to a player. However, seeing that you're losing points and that your teammates are slain around you because of your awful aiming becomes more noticeable to most, if not all.

hairball

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
I like the week long run . Everyone does make a good point , the bottom line is if we don't try we don't know. ;)

SyriusVyrus

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi all.
It's not about what you or i like or not.
It's all about this great game.
When modifying rules or how the game is played, the main concern or objective should be:
Will it attract more players the this server!
More fun more players!
More players more fun!

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Ice_Skater17 said:
Is it just me (as I am still newish) or has this topic actually sparked a lot of interest regarding the game? It's refreshing to see everyone fight (figuratively speaking) for what they believe the game to be. Each to their own of course. It will be interesting to see what happens when Votes are counted. Syrius is correct on the fact of it (or any) modification bringing new players to the server or possibly old players back? :)

Important topics tend to generate a lot of interest from players, I believe our last was the one regarding the Gamespy shutdown. It's nice to hear from so many people though.

Not sure if players will come back. We used to fill the server with 52 people but when Gamespy shut down our player count unfortunately declined.

The poll will stay open until Tuesday (It was set for 7 days) but I'll add up and check what votes we have both here and from players on the server and let you know how it stands currently; although it looks like we'll certainly be trying it.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Alright,

So as of 13:02 we have:

Yes: 13
No: 4

On the forum.

From the server we currently have:

Yes: 11
No: 11

Totals:

Yes: 24
No: 15
Participants: 38

So it looks like we'll be giving it a go, I'll just have to work out specifics. Hope you're all ready for a bloodbath. :p

Ice_Skater17 said:
I can also ad that friendly Admins ad to it to! :) It will be a boat load of fun, laughs & possibly some disagreements but sacrifice is sometimes necessary to move forward. When it is trialled I will do my best to play for periods longer than I usually do. I don't want to miss anything x) ! Muito Bem e muito obrigado SK and all who voted.

We try our best. :p And you're welcome...should be an interesting weekend.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Unless we decide otherwise, the plan will be as follows:

Soldier Friendly Fire: 0% - This governs damage from direct fire weapons. Bullets, direct hits from player fired explosives etc. We can perhaps progress to this over the weekend but at the start I think it's best it stays off.

Soldier Splash Damage 100% - This governs damage from weapons that do splash damage, so any explosive.

Vehicle friendly fire 0% - This governs damage from direct fire weapons that originate from vehicles. Vehicle machine guns and direct hits from explosives. Again, this can maybe be turned on later.

Vehicle Splash damage 100% - This governs splash damage from vehicles, shells, bombs, napalm.

Friendly fire kickback 0% - This governs how much direct fire damage is returned to the originator. If we progress to turning the other friendly fire options on then this'll go on too.

Splash Damage Kickback 100% - This governs how much splash damage is returned to the originator. So if you hit a teammate with an explosive, you will take the same damage.

TK forgive mode: Enabled - This will mean teamkillers are forgiven by default. If a player feels it was a deliberate attempt (such as to get a vehicle that they already had) they can decide to punish the player.

As we are forgiving people by default, I will probably set it up so that 10 punished teamkills will result in a player being kicked. If people feel that you killed them deliberately 10 times then obviously something is wrong but if this system is abused I'll turn it off. I'm also considering increasing the spawn time for teamkillers.

I'll probably do all this on Friday evening and we'll see how it goes and that the settings are correct.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Ice_Skater17 said:
I agree with all you say.
Especially this section here
As we are forgiving people by default, I will probably set it up so that 10 punished teamkills will result in a player being kicked. If people feel that you killed them deliberately 10 times then obviously something is wrong but if this system is abused I'll turn it off. I'm also considering increasing the spawn time for teamkillers.

More specifically tho
I'm also considering increasing the spawn time for teamkillers.

When you mean punish? As in murder the teammate that committed a crime? x)

I think they'll only receive the -2 points if the player decides to punish them, allowing accidental teamkills to not negatively affect the other player's score/get closer to being kicked for 10 teamkills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back