• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Spectator mode

Hellsfury99

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
In the past wasn't the spectator mode on for everyone? Could we bring that back? If not is there anyway to have myself put on spectator mode 24/7 so anyone on either team can watch me? Thanks.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Spectator mode doesn't work for some reason. I was trying it a week or so back and it wouldn't put me in the spectator slot so all I could do was watch my team just like when you are waiting to respawn, although it did give me the other spectator perks like seeing when a flag is being lost and the overlay.

Not sure why it doesn't work though as it was set up exactly the same as on the private server where spectator mode did work...

bloodbath311

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
If nothing else we can post here to tell others how they can spec someone.

If ANYONE wishes to spec another, you need to be on that persons team. When you die, choose to not respawn and hit "close" on the menu. Then, you hit "c" to cycle through the members on your team.

At that point, if one has Xfire running, one can record that players movements (ALT + V on xfire). If/when they die, just keep hitting "c" till they respawn and you can go back to observing that player.

KEY NOTE!: You HAVE to be on that players team that you want to spec. "C" cycles through players on your team. (Note: If the player you wish to spec is AFK & hasn't respawned you will not see that player till he/she is actively playing again.)

Too many complaining that Hellsfury, Toxic & other great, long time players cheat. They, in fact, do not. They're just that much better. Cheats/Hacks like GoodHasH constantly change names to run below the radar. The others do not. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Learn to play the game better. Hellsfury, Toxic and others kill me 70%+ of the time. I learn from them and learn their game. I kill them both enough to make for a fun game. I'm not the best but I'm far from the worst. Others should do the same before complaining and making unfounded accusations.

...At least now anyone and everyone should now know how to spec anyone they deem a cheat before just shouting out accusations because they're mad about being killed.

Bloodbath out!

A

Anonymous

Hi SK and Bloodbath, I reregistered here coz I play anyway and your shit bans don't stop me....if u r such trolls u can still erase this acc np for me :)
Hi Hells! Good to see you here! very nice that you're trying to improve this server ..
On the topic...IMO blood and ryan seem to be covering something, because
- you don't need to be a genius to just re upload all game files to the server and see if u can turn on spec mode properly. Yes, I saw how it works now but ffs it can't just be a a mysterious, unfixable "Reason"(c) like SK says ... Its obviously fixable, so I assume it's another Reason(c) why spec mode is fucked up....
And this are...

...cheaters , who donate to this server
Simply like that :) they may be amongst admins as well, just not those who play regularly ( you guys must search for toxic2's posts and find one about ArcticWinter if it's it deleted yet :) ).

Why? Coz every time I play I see the very same ppl (who don't change names Bath!) hacking and another (always different btw) ppl complaining and admins watching this shit like a fukin b movie, but doing nothing...

"Hacks like GooDHash changing names" - lmfao. You write fkn hundred lines of text of about to spectate (everyone knows how anyway), to not accuse ppl by mistake, and what you do? I'm banned for "threating" this server and insults. Where is the proof of me hacking? Don't make a super evil russian haxor communistic threat from, please. Or may I see it :D ?

So yeah, I might be wrong. But ppl are asking you ...for only spec mode..so SK can't you just fkn google if anyone has the same problem as you on bf42? There r tons of servers, someone will help you

And you wonder why this game is dead! Just lmao guys...

Local time
Reaction score
Hashster said:
Hi SK and Bloodbath, I reregistered here coz I play anyway and your shit bans don't stop me....if u r such trolls u can still erase this acc np for me :)
Hi Hells! Good to see you here! very nice that you're trying to improve this server ..
On the topic...IMO blood and ryan seem to be covering something, because
quote]

i don't think bloodbath has anything to do with the functions of the server. i don't believe he has any special privileges allowing for modifying the server.
all of those things i believe would fall upon the CL or the Owner of said server. so i don't believe that blaming bloodbath for anything makes any sense to this topic.

=UPEO=Bojangles

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Hashster said:
I'm banned for "threating" this server and insults. Where is the proof of me hacking? Don't make a super evil russian haxor communistic threat from, please. Or may I see it :D ?

So yeah, I might be wrong. But ppl are asking you ...for only spec mode..so SK can't you just fkn google if anyone has the same problem as you on bf42? There r tons of servers, someone will help you

And you wonder why this game is dead! Just lmao guys...

Server was busy tonight so I wouldn't agree that it was dead. Sounds like you've been on too much cheap vodka Hash.

A

Anonymous

I don't know how much power each admin has, but none of those who posted above has given us an explanation why spec mode is disabled. And for me, BB is saying like " hash was a cheater and the only one". Like since hash is banned, there are no cheaters, so we don't need spec mode, just spectate like I say n make no noice. You must know whom I consider as a donator hack, isn't all this suspicious?

Mr bojangles, U say this when it's 6 am (my time) bojangles, some time ago action started much earlier . Lol and I don't drink vodka

Capt. Canada

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Actually, it does clearly state that spectator mode is not disabled but that it simply does not work for some reason.

hairball

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
I like it when all these good playerz are on makes you step up your game . As for the noobs its always good to out play them , if some are poor sports in the game then it really is to bad for them . As for hashter there really is no reason to be so angry . Did you wake up today ? . When you get older maybe the light might turn on and you will understand . 0.o .

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
The server is pretty much funded solely by Tedde with me helping when I can; last I heard there were no donations so that puts an end to the "donating cheaters" theory. Also, it would help a lot with watching mainrapers so there is more than 1 reason we'd want it working.

I have no idea why it doesn't work. The server is set up exactly the same as the private server was; yet it doesn't work. I can turn it on but it'll not make you a spectator, instead you just watch your team like normal when you are dead but you also see when a flag is being capped which would be greatly abused.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
I thought you might be interested in an update, so here you go.

I talked to our host and they are at a loss, so we decided to set up 2 additional servers:

1 in NY/NJ with 52 slots. (The same location as our old private server)
1 in Chicago with 20 slots. (The same slot count as our old private server)

We were hoping we could figure out if either the location, or slot count, made a difference to spectating...it didn't.

Despite the server having the exact same settings, I even copied over a backup of the private server files, it doesn't work. I even performed a full reinstall of all maps prior to turning on friendly fire and we have the same issue there.

I have no idea what is causing this, and google searches turned up empty, so it seems like we're just going to have to stick with the player follow camera you get when you don't spawn unless something miraculous happens.

Back