• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Memorial Party for Gerry aka FLOWERPOWER

T

TonyB

It is a real tribute to Gerry that you guys would make such an effort in his honor. That says something about him as a person.

Gerry was a personable and fun player in the game. More importantly, he was just a good person. He exuded happiness and kindness. Toward the end, I spoke with him by phone. Gerry was always positive and optimistic. At the time, I had no idea how close to end of life he was.

I can count on one hand the number of BFV players I came to know on a personal level in all my years of BFV. And I started when the game came out. Gerry was one.

I regret that I cannot attend. Perhaps someday. If you visit his grave, I would appreciate it if someone would take a picture of the area and his monument to post here.

Thanks guys.

pinky

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:02 PM
Reaction score
I think we have the date narrowed down to Saturday August 1st or 8th. Just waiting on dates from Capt. Canada

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
What's everyone's schedule during Aug 1st and Aug 8th? Maybe we can meet during the week.

hairball

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
The 8th would be better for me , I could do the 1st but it would have to be early . Mon to Fri I couldn't make that work even if I had a two headz . :cool:

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I need to know if Capt. Canada and Rage vs Machine are coming on August 8th?

hairball

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Rage asked me the other day I think he could swing it , I think we just b waitin 4 capt if hez coming back to the motherland if I see him in action ill ask .

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Capt. Canada is not coming. It looks like it will be just the three of us, but that's OK.

T

TonyB

Don't forget to get a pix of his monument if you can, or if he has one. Maybe put an old game controller on his stone. That would be nice.

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Today is the 1 year anniversary of Gerry's passing.

Here's the details:

Pine Hills Cemetery and Visitation Centre
625 Birchmount Road
Scarborough, ON M1K 1R1

Lets meet at noon on Saturday Aug. 8, 2015 at the visitation centre. I'll be standing by my red Pontiac Motanna SV6 minivan in the parking lot of the visitation centre parking lot. We will visit Gerry's grave and then go have lunch and a few drinks in Gerry's honour.

Until then,
JM

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
hairball and Rage, can you post here that you read my post regarding Saturday, thanks.

hairball

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hey GI for some reason I cant send u a pm . I cant make it today I have to be in Guelph tip a glass for me .

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

TonyB

GI, Rage said he is attending Gerry's gathering. He asked me to PM you but you have privacy enabled.

Back