• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Server needs more VEHICLES!!!!

Plautus

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Where is the shilka?! Where are planes, helicopters, tanks and all that shit?
Mostly there is 1 or 2 helis, and if some douches have them, they are occupied for the rest of the game.

There is absolutely no fun, if you have to wait hours to get a plane, because they are occupied all the time.

Go on GRIFFIN server, it is full of vehicles, and they always spawn, no matter what.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
We're using mostly unmodified versions of the maps, meaning we're running the maps like DICE made them (there are some exceptions, particularly with the flamethrower APC's). This is the BFV experience like it was meant by the people creating BFV and that's the experience that we're going for. The vehicles on Griffin were modded in Server Side.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Actually I think respawn times are too fast - at least for the helicopters. But this is someone who sucks at flying and does not fly unless early morning practice sessions count.

Some maps are dominated by helicopters just murdering infantry over and over - especially if your pilots are more focused on killing infantry rather than engaging the opposing helo's. When someone finally takes a helicopter down which isn't easy from the ground, they just respawn in a few seconds. There is no reward for taking a copter down.

Just my 2 cents.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
I believe there is a 15 second delay on planes and a 20 second delay on helicopters - these are the values the game came with. Vehicles have 30 seconds. (This is just from a quick glance at Khe Sahn. It might change per map)

The problem with changing them is that it'll negatively impact a team if they can't get their air support up quickly as it can be essential in supporting ground attacks.

I'm a terrible pilot, although I do try, but I can't imagine how difficult capping a flag as infantry would be if I had to wait even longer for air support to arrive after it was destroyed.

Your observation is correct though, a lot of pilots will take the easy kill over the long-term advantage of taking a key vehicle out of the game for a bit. I watched an mi-8 slaughter infantry while the huey was no more than 10 metres away from them, and shooting them the entire time. This is something players must change though, as opposed to us altering spawn times so people must wait longer.

Back