• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Flowerpower.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I'm the bearer of bad news as last night I was informed that Flowerpower (Gerry) had passed away on August 4th 2014.

He was a well known and respected player, as well as an admin, whose presence will be greatly missed by us as a clan, and the community as a whole, but never forgotten.

Our thoughts go out to his friends and family and we wish them the best in coping with their loss as well as letting them know they are not alone during this time as he most certainly made his mark on us as well.

If you guys would like to say anything, or share stories of your time knowing Gerry, please feel free to in the replies and perhaps then we can all get to know him better.

Regards,
SucceededKiller.

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
I had the priviledge of becoming Gerry's friend in person. He lived about a 30 minute drive from me. We would meet for coffee at Tim Horton's and talk BFV and life. And of course we would talk about all you guys! LOL!!! He shared lost of his life experiences with me. From his life in Greece and his life here in Canada.

Gerry was a chef, in case you didn't know, and would share work stories and recipes he loved to cook. Now I wish I recorded those conversations. Gerry was a passionate man, kind hearted and as you know, loved to game.

I will truly miss him, but am thankful for the time we were able to share together.

See you the frontline, Soldier!!!!!!!!

Your Friend,

Joe

T

TonyB

I am absolutely stunned. Shocked. Saddened. I think Gerry was the first player to "chat" with me when I came to HELLO to play BFV. We have spoken by phone a number of times since then.

Gerry sent me a message Saturday morning, saying he had followed me in my travels. He said he had also been "on holiday".

His message

"Hey Will, how are you doing brother?
I sincerely miss you terribly.
I was on the other day. I will be back. Just terribly busy. Miss you too man! Think of you often. See you on FB. Hang in there!
I was on holidays at the same time you were.
I followed you everywhere during that time.
WE... have a good time..lol
Have = Had
Saturday 9:48am

I wrote back "We had a great time!"

Yesterday I sent a message -
"How you doing Flowers..."
Chat Conversation End

Gerry wasn't a good man, he was a great man. Filled with kindness and compassion. More than anything, he had the patience of Job.

The HELLO boys lost a great admin. One of the best I have had the pleasure of working within since I got the game in 2004. He will be missed.

Will aka pinky

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
A true HelloClan Legend.

Rest in peace Flowerpower.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
I to am stunned at just having found out about Gerry. He will be missed by many and even a few of us BFVers from Australia who hold him in very high regard as a good and fair Moderator and player :(

Abel

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
CA
I AM ALSO SURPRISED ABOUT FLOWERS DEATH. HE WAS A GOOD GUY WITH ME EVEN WHEN I WAS A SOB CALLING HIM NAMES AND STUFF. HE HAD A LOT OF PATIENCE. HE MADE ME LAUGH LOTS OF TIMES. HE KICKED ME A LOTS OF TIMES CAUSE I DESERVED IT. DAYS AGO I SENT HIM A MESSAGE TELLING HAPPY BIRTHDAY. HE DIDNT ANSWER. NOW I KNOW WHY. "ABLE, ABLE, DROP IT" HE USED TO SAY TO ME. JAJAJA.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
GI 4Ever said:
I had the priviledge of becoming Gerry's friend in person. He lived about a 30 minute drive from me. We would meet for coffee at Tim Horton's and talk BFV and life. And of course we would talk about all you guys! LOL!!! He shared lost of his life experiences with me. From his life in Greece and his life here in Canada.

Gerry was a chef, in case you didn't know, and would share work stories and recipes he loved to cook. Now I wish I recorded those conversations. Gerry was a passionate man, kind hearted and as you know, loved to game.

I will truly miss him, but am thankful for the time we were able to share together.

See you the frontline, Soldier!!!!!!!!

Your Friend,

Joe

Good to see you had that time with him !

hairball

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
RIP Brother u will be missed . Colin aka hairball :'(

Cpl.AJ

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Anthony So
It was an honor to be repeatedly killed by Flower. Go with God old friend. It was an honor fighting against, and with you in the battlefield of Vietnam.

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Wow I'm stunned how this occurred, anyone knows how old he was? Now without Flowerpower it wont be the same without him. :(

- Rest in piece

Major Bloodnok

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Pete
Can’t believe I’ve now been addicted to this antique bfv so long that I’ve seen one of the original players live out part of their life in this arena. Having used this server myself for so long I know that Flowerpower had some great times in this virtual world we enjoy so much. The real world now really is a very small place and the reality of internet gaming is that we are all now only a few milliseconds away from each other.
Compared to those who apparently live directly inside the server I would prefer those milliseconds to be a bit less for those of us way dairnunder in ‘stralia. Nevertheless I think the real personality of bfv participants overcomes these software and telecoms network constraints. Flowerpower really did shine through. I didn't know him personally, yet I feel I somehow did know him anyway in a meaningful sense. I feel privileged to have been online with him for so many years.

Local time
Reaction score
I sit on my front porch and type this, staring out at the lake in front of me. The sun is reflecting off and sending glimmers my way.
I am truly saddened by this news. We spoke of it a few times (Gerry and I), him being ill. He always kept high spirits about it, and never seemed to let it bring him down. I was more worried than he was it seemed sometimes.
I had the pleasure, and honor of being his friend, and getting to know who he was as a person. He was a stand up guy when you needed good advice, and a good friend who was Always close by.
Many chats we had online, some voice, most just the friendly ole x fire chat. I am So saddened that I have not been on for a month or whatever and was not able to talk with him again. That our last conversation was something in the server and I cant remember what it was, I wish I could talk to him rite now and see (flowerpower typing) in the corner of the chat box. But ill never see that again, and his family will never hold him again. We all lost a good friend here, everyone of us. Regardless of the manner in which we know him or remember him, we have ALL lost a good friend,....a Damn Good friend!!!
Gerry, you and I had so many good times. It'll never be the same, not ever. I wish I could have been here to talk to you, I am sorry.
I sit on my front porch and type this, staring out at the lake in front of me. The sun is reflecting off (a bit lower now) and sending glimmers my way, and I think of my friend Gerry.

Rest In Peace Brother, Ill see you on the other side.

bloodbath311

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
To my brother Gerry,

You were the best of us all. To those of us that got to know you personally, we're all better people for doing so. Our hearts are saddened but you'll always be with us.

Toxic, well said, brother! :) I can't say it any better than you or others have already done so.

I'm going to miss every aspect of Gerry's absence as I know most of you will to.

I can't lie though, it's never going to be the same without him.

HERE'S TO GERRY!!!! (raises glass and a HUGE Marley sized doobie in toast)

We love and miss you, bro.

Always.

Maxwell Smart

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
wow i am totally stunned i alomst fainted when i read it...
We will sure miss you Flowerpower RIP

L

Lucky

Flower was always kind to me, and he still radiates the love through memories so...I believe you are in better place now, though it's sad I'll never see you in game...We had good times here, Gerrasimos.
Rest in peace.
Alex aka Good_Hash

Dogfighter

Master Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Tim
I did not know him too greatly, but I can say he was a man of character. His care for the community and the people around him will always be remembered. My condolences to those most effected by this event. He will be missed, and may he be in a better place.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
For some reason I am only seeing this now, obviously I'm in shock to hear about this. He was one of the nicest guys in the server and everyone loved playing when he was online, he will be missed by the entire community.

Gerhard

Master Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
I know that I never met him but this is tragic to hear about this. Rest in Peace FlowerPower

redArmy

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Even though I got banned a couple times by him he was still a good person. We would have good times playing with each other. We would sneak to bases and just have a good time

Back