• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Oh god why?

Brian Destroyer

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I need your help, I recently bought the BFV, and when I play it a dark screen is shaking and I can not visualize the trailer or menu I wonder what happened? I updated the drivers for my video card and I use Win 7 Professional. I want to play with you guys help me please!

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
Dark screen shaking? or just blank dark screen you mean? If so just blank screen just give it a couple of min or so. Try re-installing the game if you have to. This happened to me when using window 7 before.

Brian Destroyer

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Deadly,
When I run the game the screen is shaking changing resolution automatically, and this prevents me from clearly visualize the trailer and the game menu. I use a 21'' screen. The native resolution of my screen is 1920 x 1080

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Try hitting the Auto-Adjustment button on your monitor and if that didn't work then re-install the game. Sometime for me the games files somehow get deleted itself...

KevinGnWV

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
Go to here: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings\Profiles\Custom

Open with notepad.

You will see this:

rem *** Video Performance Custom ***

game.setDisplayMode 1280 960 32 0
game.setGameDisplayMode 1280 960 32 0
game.setDetailTexture 3
game.setShadows 1
game.setGraphicsQuality 4
game.setLightmaps 1
game.setGeometryQuality 3
game.setGammaFactor 0.000000
game.setContrastFactor 0.000000
game.setBrightnessFactor 0.000000

Edit the first two lines to the desired resolution and click save. If the game doesnt recognize your native res than use 960 instead. I had to.

Brian Destroyer

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Kevin, the game almost worked. I got to see the trailer of the game, but the menu still shaking...

Brian Destroyer

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I finally got to the BFV work!

I have BF1942 I copied the Videodefault the BF1942 files and pasted in the default video BFV and now the game works fine for me. Special thanks to Deadly and Kevin, thank you for your help.
Hugs.

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Brian Destroyer said:
Hello everybody!

I have BF1942 I copied the Videodefault the BF1942 files and pasted in the default video BFV and now the game works fine for me. Special thanks to Deadly and Kevin, thank you for your help.
Hugs.
Interesting method, well it made in same engine so I guess that why it worked :lol:

Brian Destroyer

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I have four questions...

1st Is there any method to improve the game's graphics?

2nd How do I play without the cd?

3rd How do I play online in HelloClan server?

4th where do I download the maps played on the server?

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Brian Destroyer said:
I have four questions...

1. You can adjust it in the video setting, and not much really. I tried the end version of it but it just blurs up the whole screen making it in bearable to your eyes.

2. You can play BFV without CD using no-cd patch. Here: http://m0005.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc ... attlefield Vietnam v1.2 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE 2 (I gave you the link for the V1.2, just scroll around if you have a different version of the game. V1.21 for example..)
and you go to where the game located on your hard drive and replace the original .EXE BFV game. Make sure you make back-ups incase if anything goes wrong. I used this to make BFV run off my USB stick before :lol:

3. Make sure you have V1.2 BFV, if not reinstall BFV to V1.2 or maybe *i think* download the 1.2 patch for BFV. (Google it)

4. Hello serves default maps that had been included with the game originally. Unless you are talking about for different server such as modded ones, download the mod and put it in the mod folder. Location of the mod folder - - -> Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam\mods

I think that's it pretty much.

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Brian Destroyer said:
I have four questions...

Hi,

I cant answer the first question, since I prefer to have a smoother gameplay in expense for graphics (i know, its an old game but anyway..) I think it is satisfactory to play on max graphics settings, but if you want to dig into it, here you go, just look through it all: http://www.tweakguides.com/BFV_2.html.
2.) You can download a no-cd exe, but make sure it is the correct version. Backup originals. Look here: http://m0005.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_battlefield_vietnam.shtml
3.) For now you can still join through the multiplayer list. At the end of the month Gamespy is going to shut down and you will need to join directly with IP: http://forum.helloclan.eu/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6535
4.) No need to do that.

Have fun ;)

KevinGnWV

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Deadly=)^ said:
Brian Destroyer said:
Hello everybody!

Hugs.
Interesting method, well it made in same engine so I guess that why it worked :lol:

Yes, quite a bit is identical actually. Flaming Dart with Stukas, Zeros and BF109s is great ;)

KevinGnWV

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Brian Destroyer said:
Hello everybody!

Hugs.
Glad we could help ;)

Brian Destroyer

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hi A,

Hi Deadly,

I replaced the .exe, but now I can not connect to my server Hello, because the files in my game are different, and the mods do not work either.

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Brian Destroyer said:
Hi A,

Hi Deadly,

I replaced the .exe, but now I can not connect to my server Hello, because the files in my game are different, and the mods do not work either.

Are you sure you have the right version? (hello uses 1.2)
In the menu you should see the version in the lower right corner IIRC.
If yes, I dont know what could be the problem, I use the no-cd exe too :/

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Brian Destroyer said:
Hi A,

Hi Deadly,

Hello doesn't use any mod, only uses default maps that has been included with the game. Make sure your no-cd patch is 1.2 since Hello runs on 1.2 . Since you have no-cd patch now that means you are not using CD right? If you still need the CD to run the game then that means something isn't right.

Since I'm not fully sure what you did. I can check in the problem for you. Email me at mykihayloberezyuk@gmail.com I'll be using TeamViewer.

Here: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows.aspx

And download the quick support, the website is safe and is it popular to use to access computers remotely.

Then I'll check and make sure the game will run and I'll help you with mods if you have some.

Brian Destroyer

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
My game is working fine. I forgot to put Mod.dll Bfvietnam.org and folders.

Unfortunately I can not activate the mods directly from the game, when I do this I get this message: Please insert Battlefield Vietnam CD either, but I can activate the mods exe.. Is that something goes wrong?

TeamViewer is already installed.

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Brian Destroyer said:
My game is working fine. I forgot to put Mod.dll Bfvietnam.org and folders.

Unfortunately I can not activate the mods directly from the game, when I do this I get this message: Please insert Battlefield Vietnam CD either, but I can activate the mods exe.. Is that something goes wrong?

TeamViewer is already installed.

Yea the "Please insert Battlefield Vietnam CD" is a bugging me too. I would normally just use the CD for mod/game or just restart the game every time when receiving the message.

Bottom of the line: Use the CD for mods/game, it would help avoid the errors. If you do not want to use CD just make an ISO copy of the CD and use it for the "virtual Drive" that would help. Also get rid of the no-cd patch if you decided to change your mind to go either using back to CD or try using the virtual copy of it.

Back