• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Main raping - It's time for a change of scenery.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Just spawned into the game and been blown to shreds by a rocket or had your body plastered over the walls after a bomb has gone off in close proximity despite having half the map controlled? That changes pretty soon!

It was made clear to me earlier just how much the main rape impacts people on the server and as a result of a vote that was done a while back and the discussion I've had in the server today the following has been drafted:

[*]Plane/heli main rape can only be done on last flag
[*]Ground combat at mains is fine any time
[*]Death bubble over flaming dart towers to accommodate air/ground combat simultaneously
[*]NVA spawn heli is exempt as it facilitates ground combat

The idea behind this is still to allow the ground invasion of main flags whilst preventing the massacre from a sustained air assault when other flags are under a team's control.

This will go through a trial phase where we work out the specifics regarding it all and figure out scenarios of which we currently have 2 we'd like opinions on:

[*]When a second flag is captured, should any main raping that was occurring end immediately or once they are destroyed/out of ammo?
[*]If a ground invasion is on-going should helis/planes be allowed to support them? Should we place a percentage/fixed value on what counts as an invasion and can thus receive support?

I'll try to get these into place later today although the bubble will take a little longer.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. :)

Regards,
SucceededKiller.

Rastifar

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Keith Bowman
SucceededKiller said:
Just spawned into the game and been blown to shreds by a rocket or had your body plastered over the walls after a bomb has gone off in close proximity despite having half the map controlled? That changes pretty soon!

It was made clear to me earlier just how much the main rape impacts people on the server and as a result of a vote that was done a while back and the discussion I've had in the server today the following has been drafted:

[*]Plane/heli main rape can only be done on last flag
[*]Ground combat at mains is fine any time
[*]Death bubble over flaming dart towers to accommodate air/ground combat simultaneously
[*]NVA spawn heli is exempt as it facilitates ground combat

The idea behind this is still to allow the ground invasion of main flags whilst preventing the massacre from a sustained air assault when other flags are under a team's control.

This will go through a trial phase where we work out the specifics regarding it all and figure out scenarios of which we currently have 2 we'd like opinions on:

[*]When a second flag is captured, should any main raping that was occurring end immediately or once they are destroyed/out of ammo?
[*]If a ground invasion is on-going should helis/planes be allowed to support them? Should we place a percentage/fixed value on what counts as an invasion and can thus receive support?

I'll try to get these into place later today although the bubble will take a little longer.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. :)

Regards,
SucceededKiller.

Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap,

Thank you SK !

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns." (Revelation 19:6, I couldnt resist, lol)

-Last flag is fine, unless the team starts only with main (eg. Dart)
-Ground combat is fine, as it is manageable (people can at least spawn)
-Death bubble, well, it depends how it will be implemented. Instant death, or time limit like out-of-borders? Short time limit would be fine, or both (death bubble closest, time limit a bit farther as a warning)
-Spawn heli is fine, it is basically a tunnel in the air...
-If it is a last flag, IMHO it is fair to let the raper stay till death or RTB, but it would be the rapers best intent to rape second flag to stop the advance
-If they choose to attack main on foot, they should plan ahead and pick a time when it has least defence, no need for air support

What about heli/air thiefs? Once they take off, will the bubble kill them?

Thats my 0.001 euro cents, thank you for your effort SK

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
me neither :D but revelation (apocalypse) is the most interesting part of the bible :D

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
It's not me you guys have to thank but instead the people on the server at the time and the poll/discussion that happened while I was away. :)

Regarding the bubble...I'm not sure about it yet but if I do add it it will only be on dart. (As a result of the vehicles/mains not being flag dependent.) But I can set what vehicles it affects, the rate it damages and the teams it damages so it will all be trial and error.

Took longer than expected and a few more opinions on the 2 scenarios at the end of my first post will be great. I'll put the rules into effect when I get up in the morning so I'm actually here to deal with it.

Yok_Foo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
it's also important that [HELLO] members know the rules if they change, like not unnecessarily criticize if there are few players on the server and someone wants to try the helo.

____Ox____

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
 A.  said:
-If it is a last flag, IMHO it is fair to let the raper stay till death or RTB, but it would be the rapers best intent to rape second flag to stop the advance
-If they choose to attack main on foot, they should plan ahead and pick a time when it has least defence, no need for air support

I agree with A.

The only problem I see is that on some maps the US side has superior air power and the best strategy is to attack their main to cut off the air attack as fast as you can.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Alright guys,

So what do you think so far? I realise it's going to take some adjusting, for both players and admins, as well as working out technicalities but for the most part it is functional.

For those interested, this is how we are currently upholding the rule:

Heli's/planes are not allowed to rape main unless it is the team's only flag.
Players taking a main should not expect air support until the flag is neutral. (It's technically no longer their main then)
If a new flag is captured, pilots are expected to leave and go to the other flag. (That seems to be how players prefer and expect it)
Stealing mains/vehicles is entirely legitimate as well as just flying over it etc without attacking.

Players will be warned and then killed if they keep it up whilst persistent offenders will find themselves kicked. We don't really want to start banning people for "main raping" so right now that's not on the cards, especially with this being a recent change players must adjust to.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
I am liking the new rule although when the numbers are low and no admin is on they are often ignored. :)

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
SucceededKiller said:
Alright guys,

If a new flag is captured, pilots are expected to leave and go to the other flag. (That seems to be how players prefer and expect it)

"Right you are mr deWitt" :D
James Bond "Diamondfever"

Back