• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

New Server Rules

Jungle Rot

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
Friends

I was advised today by Flower that the server rules had changed and there is no base raping (I'm in favor of this new rule). I have no problem following the rules as long as I know what they are. My suggestion would be to post the new rules on the forum and update the rules on the server.

See you on the Battlefield!

Thank you.

:)

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Flower or any other admin(including myself) have the authority to change the rules.

It has to go through management.

T

TonyB

There has always been a rule about disruptive play. Lame base raping by quality players is disruptive. Its one thing for some kid that just got the game to come on and want to rape, he/she can be owned. Quality players can ruin maps by raping. The UPEO thugs, when both were on the server, were inclined to engage in raping. Bojangles would not do so but when his buddy Demon joined, it was rape time. I'm glad to see raping will now be a violation.

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
I can appreciate everyone's concerns on "Base Rape", but the fact remains, no admin has the right to change any rules.

B

BlackHawk0012

pinky said:
There has always been a rule about disruptive play. Lame base raping by quality players is disruptive. Its one thing for some kid that just got the game to come on and want to rape, he/she can be owned. Quality players can ruin maps by raping. The UPEO thugs, when both were on the server, were inclined to engage in raping. Bojangles would not do so but when his buddy Demon joined, it was rape time. I'm glad to see raping will now be a violation.

"The UPEO thugs"

Is this really necessary?

It doesnt matter really, we dont play 24/7, we are barely playing nowadays and i think everyone is over reacting.

Jungle Rot

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
GI 4Ever said:
I can appreciate everyone's concerns on "Base Rape", but the fact remains, no admin has the right to change any rules.

So, are the new rules in effect?

Thank you for your time. :)

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Jungle Rot said:
So, are the new rules in effect?

Thank you for your time. :)
Yes the new rules started yesterday spongebob0

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
BlackHawk0012 said:
pinky said:

"The UPEO thugs"

Is this really necessary?

It doesnt matter really, we dont play 24/7, we are barely playing nowadays and i think everyone is over reacting.

Atleast I am looking forward to play with UPEO! Having these guys covering my ass w mi8's against pestering Hueys will be sorely needed ( Hastings n more maps)

Hope seing you all there. ;)

T

TonyB

Jaws, I am fine with these guys playing the game. I know they are good. So if they are quality BFV players, why engage in main raping? We are going through a discussion of changing the rules and creating some "bubble" to stop main raping. Why? Why do we need to do all this? Why not just play the game. If it is the last flag, go hammer them. If not, play the game. Circling - raping and hammering players, causing them to quit the game sucks.

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
pinky said:
Jaws, I am fine with these guys playing the game. I know they are good. So if they are quality BFV players, why engage in main raping? We are going through a discussion of changing the rules and creating some "bubble" to stop main raping. Why? Why do we need to do all this? Why not just play the game. If it is the last flag, go hammer them. If not, play the game. Circling - raping and hammering players, causing them to quit the game sucks.

Blackhawks argument was that he was NOT breaking any rule AND adding to that not seeing how others were pissed with his (and other "rapists) tactic.
The verbal abuse didnt deter him at all rather the opposite so... -> so that didnt work either... ->and hence the admins took charge to solve this "shite" and also getting alot of flak...

Now Flowerpower and many more admins found a way to improve gameplay and its seems to work much better, atleast from my Point of view!

The best outcome would have been Blackhawk with us playing along with the new guidelines. He's an expert flyer .
However he seems not to be inclined to play at all...so its a pity it had to lead to this, dont you Think???
Players here dont grow on trees but its his choice to leave.

A long reply but one has to realise the process to solve the problem/situation

T

TonyB

Jaws, I don't want ANYBODY to quit playing this game. I would love to have these guys playing. We need players. I agree.

There was mention of enabling Punkbuster. I'm fine with it being shut off because it has it's issues. If it's going to be off, then at least let admins capture screenshots of players using the client. That will help with those who use map hacks.

So many guys complain in game of hackers. I guess much like having good players main rape we will have to play with hackers, if they exist.

We don't need rules about main raping and hurt feelings if guys will play with good sportsmanship. We need admins to put a stop to guys who blow up our own stuff because you beat them to the mig. Or the guys who put mortars on pads. I get that. But main raping??? By good players???

Yeah, the rule says it's ok but is it good play? Of course not. By new noobs, that's one thing. Good players - it's the epitome of noobism.

G

GoodHash

Cmon, spectator mode is all we need to bust haxors - just look who watches the walls all the time and kills everytime

Back