• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

American education system

Dogfighter

Master Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Tim
Lets debate this: Is the American education system good or bad? What could be fixed or removed?
school%20house%20cartoon.jpg

Kannon

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
I can personally attest to the decline of the American education system. I am a Junior in high school, and I think that the public education system should be phased out and replaced with the excellent charter school system. The charter school system is still public education, funded by the tax payers, but with much higher results. Charter schools across the nation have shown that they can accept half the funding and still result in twice the graduation rate of comparable public schools. My particular school is actually a quite excellent one, 20th in my state, with great teachers and good programs. However, there are schools just miles away that struggle mightily to get decent graduation rates, despite higher funding.

Dogfighter

Master Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Tim
Well, I'm homeschooled, I think it is going very well. However the Common core plan they are developing is basically asking people to be stupid. For those of you who do not know what the Common Core plan is, it is basically saying that if you do 4 + 2 and you get 5, it will be marked correct, as long as you can explain how you got it.

Back