• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Infantry Map Only

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
I think it would be cool if we could have a 100% Infantry Map. No vehicles or aircrafts whatsoever. Lots of players have agreed with me when I have asked the question while playing. Maybe one of the Quang Tri maps.

What do you think?

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
I give my full 382% for this idea

acashmony

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
The answer is no. Even ted would back me up on this. The server is called "Allmaps" for a reason. Maybe the new event managers could help set that up in the private server but not on the main server.

JohnWayne

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
Yea 100% infantry would be cool. Just remove all the vehicle spawners from ObjectSpawns.con in the map's .rfa file on the server-- no additional download by players required.

JohnWayne

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
BlackHawk0012 said:
acashmony said:
The answer is no. Even ted would back me up on this. The server is called "Allmaps" for a reason. Maybe the new event managers could help set that up in the private server but not on the main server.

Well said.

That was not well said. What does 'Server is Allmaps for a reason' mean? Just add a map to the existing map rotation that has vehicles removed. Please elaborate on the restrictions of the public server that is 1.2 and does not have punkbuster, otherwise why even have this forum section?

acashmony

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Allmaps means all the maps playing, not special maps. Thats why HELLO is the mainly only server still running. For me this is a no for doing. BF is a game to have vehicles, go play Call Of Duty if you don't want vehicles.

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
If that is the decision, so be it! But one time "Operation Cedar Falls" was an undergroung infantry only map for a while.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
GI 4Ever said:
If that is the decision, so be it! But one time "Operation Cedar Falls" was an undergroung infantry only map for a while.

And I liked it, although it was a bit buggy.. people getting out and all.

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
its funny you know, when we were running that cedar falls tunels only map.. 1/2 the community liked it the other 1/2 would complain about the toobers, hackers, spawnkilling and the map. I will make a poll and lets vote to see what ppl think :D this doesnt mean it wil be introduced if the Likes beat the dislikes, just to see ppls reactions, if the community really wants it back, maybe it could happen :) here it is viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2887 We could make it an event thats easy..

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
acashmony said:
That was a fun map if you were winning hahaha good times

I used to have scores of 100 - 150 with 400 tickets, total slaughter if you're at the right place at the right time :p

Back