• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Reclaiming Hue.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
One of the two maps that goes wrong 6/10 times. Just like in Dart, this map usually ends in the NVA raping until all SVA tickets are gone. Unlike in Dart, this isn't even about teamwork.
As soon as the map starts, the NVA blocks the roads with mines and set up mortars. The people on the bridge are completely blocked, and NVA tanks can control the bridge completely. In the beginning some SVA soldiers can usually jump into the water, but after a few minutes the NVA take the land under the bridge too. The northern bridge is sometimes a possiblity , but is usually blocked as well. This results in the biggest rape you will ever see in any game.
This is a problem that cannot be solved by great teamwork or skill. There are only 3 entrances to the city, and the NVA are the only one who can effectively use their armor.

As a solution for this problem, I think the SVA should get a Tango boat. A second , mobile spawn gives them the oppertunity to get a much larger force at the northern entrance, and gives the players a chance to spawn without dying instantly ( again, see the video). It's still hard for the SVA to win, but it will improve their chances alot.

I know it is the goal of HELLO to keep the server as unmodded as possible, but adding one verhicle isn't a huge change. It does affect the gameplay, but in a really positive way.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
First off, I know it can be a pain in the ass, when the SVA gets raped on that map. But thats just Reclaiming Hue, you have to try your hardest to get inside the city! The best ways to do this, is taking jeep instantly when spawned, and drive as fast as you can. Or you go as fast as you can to the hole in the wall.

One thing everyone tends to forget is the mortar glitch, where you basically can get over the city-walls on every point. (I sometimes do this when the bridge gets taken over by tanks, and with great succes)

I see no reason to add or remove anything from this map, sorry beta ;)

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
What about having the NVA spawn only at the most northern flag and they have to capture the other flags, giving a little more time for the SVA to get on mainland (neutral flags in between).

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
GI 4Ever said:
What about having the NVA spawn only at the most northern flag and they have to capture the other flags, giving a little more time for the SVA to get on mainland (neutral flags in between).

Well that could be possible, but then it wouldn't be Reclaiming Hue anymore :/

SyriusVyrus

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Hi
I agree with Max.
You already know this:
The thing is the first that login must take a jeep and zip to top left flag before the bridge is mined. If he waits for some1 else to get aboard the jeep its already too late.
Or jump over left side of bridge into hole in wall into building trough window capture flag from 2nd floor..and hope teamates followed you. After its just another day at the office.
The degree of difficulty is interesting. A good challenge.
If the team were all experienced players they wouldnt get stuck on bridge too long. I like the map as it is no matter which team i join.

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Max said:
GI 4Ever said:

Ya you're correct, the whole point is to "Reclaim" :?

S

Soldier

Max said:
GI 4Ever said:

totally true max, because just for infantry there is already a "Hue" map..
and "Reclaiming Hue" wouldnt be "Reclaim", the point of it is to play the game as real as possible
and on this day, when "Reclaiming Hue" or known as "Ted Offensive" (or something liek this, "Ted" was a special day in the vietnamese year..) happened..
NVA surrounded the SVA and reclaimed the city back ;)
so i think it should stay like it is ..
But its true, the mortar bombing is annoying as hell, mostly noobs find a good spot and rape the hell out of a team, some people gets even over 90+ (i have seen once 100+ kills..

O

Old Hippo

The Ted Offensive! :lol:

Oh, and I like Reclaiming Hue as it is. The ARVN getting owned sometimes is part of the fun. Actually, if they do manage to break through, much of the time they sweep over the rest of the map. Once the NVA players get into camping mode, its hard to break them out of it.

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
ha! yea ted offensive made me lol2.. i think its ok how it is, everyone who plays it regularly knows how it goes down.. The sva team should have a sense of urgency to get of the bridge and take a flag.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
This map actually depends on if one jeep is driven away fast enough. And even if one jeep manages to get to the flag, the driver is very likely to get killed. You cannot say that it is the fault of the SVA team here. This is an extremely unbalanced map, the SVA are in a dramatic position with a small spawnpoint where they can be hit by tanks, mortars, snipers and normal guns. The fact that its on a bridge makes it even harder. Thanks to the bridge shape the spawnpoint is very small, and one mortar is enough to devestate the SVA. If they get off the bridge, their in the water and there is no way of returning fire.
I know the maps name is 'Reclaiming Hue', but I don't understand what you guys see in that. It isn't Omaha beach, where you have to fight through layers of defence. The only 'Reclaiming' part of this map is getting the first flag, after which a normal city fight starts. If they actually manage to get through. And it is this 'reclaiming' part, that is just pure rape.
Even if the Tango is added, the SVA still wont be able to just take a flag. It just gives the SVA a better oppertunity, to get more troops around the city (After a while, even jumping into the water gets hard), and to get more soldiers at the northern entrance. Which is usually still guarded, but if there's more SVA soldiers there, there's a chance they might break through.

Yok_Foo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I love being SVA on reclaiming Hue, mostly i laugh when i get raped on the bridge but when the nva blocks bridge, camps backdoor AND pagoda, then it's not fun.

What can help you, is a disc cleanup and defragging C:/ partition so it loads the game faster, makes the first spawn faster.

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
What i mean is that sometimes ppl dont try hard enough to break out at the start...but its good that ur looking at ways to improve gameplay.. thanks

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Votes are 9 to 5 for adding a tango. 80% more people vote for adding it than for doing nothing. I think we can at least add it as an experiment, see how it works out, and remove it if it doesn't work.

Captain Mack

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I love reclaiming Hue, its a good NVA mortar shower map. I once saw at least 5 NVA players with mortars in that wall tower with the ammo box aiming at the bridge flag - LOL. But if the other side can get off the bridge and take a land flag then it's all over for the NVA.

360TheRooster

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
im of the opinion, if the team isn't good enough to get off the bridge they deserve every mortar shell that lands, it depends on the team, sometimes you guys shoot laws and snipe from the back of bridge, the map is very winnable by the ARVN side, get off the bridge before the mines are planted and mortar shower comes

slayer4041

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
leave it as it is. SVA can get out and ive seen a couple of times where within 2 minutes the NVA was getting raped at temple. if the SVA would just make one huge assault instead of attack 2 by 2 or 3 by 3 they would break out every time. and if the first ppl would just get in the tanks and go, the NVA wouldnt have time to lay mines.

this is a problem with many solutions. its just no one sees them.

Back