• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

M79 to the feet

Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
First off let me just say, i think it would be amazing if we could fix this glitch. We want the game to be as realistic as possible, yet fun and fair.
I dont see how its realistic or fair that someone can point a M79 or LAW, RPG etc, at their OWN feet to kill an enemy and it does ZERO damage to the person firing it.... personally this fires me up, and i know theres ALOT of others that feel the same way i do about it.
I understand the dilemna here also, being worried that people may chose to use this as a method of teamkilling and pissing each other off. I however see a simple solution, we keep freindly fire off, and put ON splash damage, yes, this would technically kill your own team if you fired into them or at their own feet.
I believe that if they were to be using the M79 properly the teamkill wouldnt happen, and they would be forced to learn to use it correctly.
I would say, 3 teamkills and you get the boot... yes, this might take a couple people a few rounds to understand this and figure out that you could no longer fire at your feet to kill an enemy, but i do believe it would make ALOT of ppl rage ALOT less, and force the guys using it to play a bit smarter and use more skill.
I also believe that once they realize they are being kicked for teamkilling, they would sharpen up..for one, many people cant just load rite into the server, some people it takes them 2 mins to get the game to load. I think after they get kicked a couple times, theyd get sick of having to re-load the map and learn to use it properly. I do believe theres a way you can also either forgive them for TK in RM, or chose NOT to forgive them for TK in RM..... IDK, this is my opinion, and id like to see how other people weigh in on it. I personally know it would make my gaming experience alot better, but i aslo know its not about me... at the very least we could maybe try to work Something out.
Tell me what your thoughts are reguarding this matter, Thx.

O

Old Hippo

Well splash damage would be very nice in some ways- eliminate "N00b Tubing..." (BC2 type would be great- your splash damage only kills yourself and leaves teammates unharmed.)

However it would have drawbacks. Obviously people would get Teamkilled, accidentally or on purpose (Making experienced players have to deal with non experienced guys chucking nades at their feet). Also since I am assuming splash would affect all explosives, it would be far more difficult to destroy tanks at close range- IE no more hiding behind a tank and shooting with a LAW or C4 from up close.

Normal grenades would also give splash damage I think. Not everyone uses tubes at close range but many throw grenades down close (myself included) in order to shield entryways or flags with many enemies. Anyway, it would be harder to destroy vehicles, which I don't think you would appreciate toxic. ;)

Of course this is all meaningless if my idea of splash damage is wrong...?

Local time
Reaction score
no, your correct. however like you said, it would take some getting used too, but i think it would work out for the better. idk. i personally could get used to the idea that i cant drop nades at my feet anymore, shoot, i play in event server prlly more than anyone, and thats how it is in there, you just train urself not to do it.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
Many servers have this system where you get alot of damange when you shoot a teammate, while the teammate only loses like 10 percent of his hitpoints. Perhaps thats a solution,combined with something like 2 teamkills=kick.

Edit: Yes Hippok , kick ;)

O

Old Hippo

CommandoBeta said:
Many servers have this system where you get alot of damange when you shoot a teammate, while the teammate only loses like 10 percent of his hitpoints. Perhaps thats a solution,combined with something like 2 teamkills=ban.
(I assume you mean kick not ban :D )

Yes one of the 1.2 WWII mod servers runs that setting. RM has controls for Friendly Fire, Splash Damage, Friendly Fire Kickback, and Splash Damage kickback. So the setting would be low splash damage with a high splash damage kickback (small effect on teammates but large effect on yourself) ...?

Mr.Beezly

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Dakota Matthie
I agree with betas idea. Seems like it would work. We should at least try it and see what happens, If admins dont like it we could simply switch it back to the way it was.

Local time
Reaction score
i agree also with beta, id like to see anything that could possibly bring an end to the M79 to the toes...
i mean, HELLO clan server uses ALL weapons for the reality of the game, than i say lets make it just a little more REAL, and a little more even and put an end to the guys pointing it at their feet to kill an enemy... Make it even, make them get better and use skill rather than a glitch in the system. CHYEAH!!!

Local time
Reaction score
i dont see many admins or anyone else commenting too much on this matter, i thought this is how you get something done to change things around here lol. i think we should try betas idea.... it wouldnt be hard to do, and i really think it would benefit the quality of the server.

Devil0700

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Sean Whitehead
I agree with Beta's idea, it would be so much more realistic, it may have some draw backs, with friendly mines and your own teams bouncing betties, players would have to pay more attention, this also would fix players and their time bomb rage. Like everyone else has said, lets try it, it can't hurt. If it back fires, it back fires just revert it back.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
toxic2 said:
i dont see many admins or anyone else commenting too much on this matter, i thought this is how you get something done to change things around here lol. i think we should try betas idea.... it wouldnt be hard to do, and i really think it would benefit the quality of the server.

30% of the people that have left a reply in this topic are admins, also do some searching in the forums on Teamkilling settings and such terms and read up on what people, leaders & admins have discussed. And maybe you'll also find out why we have decided not to enable Teamkilling / Splashdamage, et cetra

Local time
Reaction score
Totally agreeable, it would piss me off to no end if ppl were just teamkilling on purpose... however like beta mentions above... There Are settings that would allow for MINIMUM damage to team and very HIGH damage to the person firing the weapon at their feet...
If thats not acceptable than so be it. It was an idea to end the tube to the feet that I and quite a few others thought might work. I dont think Teamkill should be on, but i DO believe that enableing splash dmg or kickback dmg could possibly solve this flaw in the game.

CMC24

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
Lol i sort of like doing that to people.... BOOM to the feet =D i also think it would be sort of a good idea to like not allow that anymore because would u do that if u where i the army for real? and i like the idea because this is just a video game and not the army so u dont have to act like ur in the army.. ur a video game player =D

Yok_Foo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
i have started to use the m79 again, but occasionally when taking flags where i know there are rpgers. (but i won't read the chat while doing so LOL!)

Gotta go with the odds. :)

RyanCooper

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
True Karl Marx, I always tell these ppl, "take a real weapon! thats cheap.." or "play like man :p "

SyriusVyrus

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
No1 complains about m79 or XM148 weapons when there in US team..
Also
Saigon 1968 (not sure) map with sewers where US has only transport huey (no missiles) and NVA has full equiped mi8...does any1 say dont use ur mi8 or do you stay in sewers the ole map?....
The arsenal is there to make use of it. Next map might be your turn to use m79 or mi8. Thats war.

Karl Marx

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
With proper gunners and a decent pilot, the Huey Slick can actually be more useful than the Mi-8 as both sides can fire, you can fire while running away, can be repaired mid flight, and pilot only has to concentrate on flying, not fighting. Sadly, everyone thinks the Slick is crap. Me and Volky had a blast with it in... Game Warden, I think. It's not a huge disadvantage.

CMC24

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
Fresh Blood is Sig the Thing u put at the bottom of every post u make and if it is can u tell me how to do that?

Back