• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Operation Flaming Dart! (2)

A

Anonymous

(Yes theres a topics about OFD but i need mine to be first.. warning explicit langauge might be desdurbing to some viewers, viewer descresion it advised).
Operation Flaming Dart is the most unfair map in the whole entire game… the respawning towers almost fixed it, however with there demise, so went flaming Dart
“Helloclan13 wrote:
Easting is so right, this is [war game], war is not fair.

When [you’re] under attack you find new ways to defend against the enemy, you don't go complain about that you’re getting killed.
People get irritated of the towers getting blown up and their aircrafts not being able to spawn, but if you were to ask any player in the [beginning] of the round if he would be willing to stay and defend the towers during the round. He'd say no and jump in the plane and be on his way. This is a matter of teamwork.”

Yes war is not fair (but remember in 1965 who had their superiority as well as a better land force, oh right the US by far, and flaming dart give the NVa total advantage). But however in bfv it gets to the point where it’s not just unfair… its bull shit. And Flaming dart is Bull shit. There’s a point where the map is so unfair team work is just plain useless. Let me explain

-2 MiG17’s vs. 1 Corsair: The 1 mig17 has alone has the advantage; 4 bombs, more and maneuverable. However with 2, its two better dogfighting aircraft and 8 bombs vs 2 bombs. Even 1 good mig17 pilot and the US’s towers are most likely screwed. With 2 pilots who know how to bomb (which you often get) the US just doesn’t stand a chance. No amount of skill can stop pilots from putting 4 bombs on target, especially when u have 2 who know how to do so.

-2 MiG21 vs. 2 F4 Phantoms II: They cancel each other out. The F4 is useless at taking out towers, while it does have heat seekers, it has no gun.

-2 Mi-8 vs. 2 AH1 Cobra: Again, the cobra does have heat seekers, but the mi8 is so much better at destroying ground targets.

-T-54/55 vs. M551 Sheridan: T-54/55 all the way.

-AA Defenses: It’s the Strela-2, ZSU57-2, and 469 vs. M-60, Stationary m51 Quad-.50cal, and M.U.T.T.. NVA all the way.

Hello put in respawning-towers once, WHATS SO HARD ABOUT DOING IT AGAIN? It worked before. Remember this: http://forum.helloclan.eu/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=49
"War may not be fair, but the is a game, and theres a BIG difference."- Sgt Byrd

Please change it back to respawning towers..

ArcticWinter

Regular Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Andre
Yes, i agree. I'm so sick of that map i only play it preiodicly, depending on who is online. But it's the same everytime.. USA got towers for some... three mins, and then that's it. This map is about teamwork on the USA side as you said. If USA have some players who know what they are doing, and can handle F4s. Then we might have a chance. USA got the most un-agile peice of crap jets ever. If NVA is on your tail first (and a pro one) you got no other chance than to get shot down.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
However, when both NVA and SVA towers are down you get a unique gameplay, and then you will find out that Flaming Dart is a great infantry map, and the incoming boats make it even better. But unfortunatly that barely ever happends, so I guess the towers should respawn again.

73easting

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
I still say it is all about teamwork. Work with what you have and when the NVA destroy the U.S. tower which they are going to do no matter what ,just because it is fun , grab an M-60 and hammer away. The towers were set to respawn and then it was reset to destructible towers. Why? Perhaps, It didn't appear to be as fun as everyone thought it would be. Why? Because then you must rely on good pilots on both sides which usually doesn't occur due to a lack of teamwork. The game is what it is. No amount of modifying maps is going to change it . You gotta change the people and their attitude which is way more difficult than it sounds. Happy Shooting!!!

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
73easting said:
I still say it is all about teamwork. Work with what you have and when the NVA destroy the U.S. tower which they are going to do no matter what ,just because it is fun , grab an M-60 and hammer away. The towers were set to respawn and then it was reset to destructible towers. Why? Perhaps, It didn't appear to be as fun as everyone thought it would be. Why? Because then you must rely on good pilots on both sides which usually doesn't occur due to a lack of teamwork. The game is what it is. No amount of modifying maps is going to change it . You gotta change the people and their attitude which is way more difficult than it sounds. Happy Shooting!!!
It did appear as much fun as everyone thought, but during the server crashes it was decided to run the server without mods to improve stability. And the towers are mostly literally gone after 5 minutes, and in 50 percent of the games the US team then gets raped, has no flags, and the entire team gets spawnkilled every 30 seconds after the spawnboat has spawned. Not even teamplay can fix this problem, because even 10 people working together cannot save 3 towers, take down 3 other towers and defend 3 flags at the same time.

Doorman

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
well its not much fun for NVA either for the helos to get hammered by heat guided projectiles after takeoff and worse yet is the camping cobras that encircle the helo camp almost routinely..

from a NVA perspective....its not fair that U.S towers respawn but NVA's doesnt..

I have 4 solutions...

1:switch flags,put NVA on island and give U.S 3 flags to begin
2:enable indestructible spawn boat and leave flags where they are
3:remove 1 jet and 1 helo from each side (im not talking about the chinook)
4:remove all aircraft,add a huey transport only and add a few more boats only... making the map truly infantry

Lost

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Thomas Ellensohn
i find the map Really Fun to see which Pilots are better and how teamwork works out b/c really if the US/ (Other guys?) Cap A flag they always send out there Superior C-4 + torch Combination (Not many use the torch but i think its smart while waiting for resupply) And all near the NVA Towers are Ammo right net to it for infinite Ammo on the C-4

sorry if this looks like crap i'm very sleepy ...to sleepy to edit correctly

A

Anonymous

Lost still... the us don't stand a chance.. c4 and torch no mean anything. All u need is 1 good NVA pilot in MiG117 and us towers are done for before you can even blow up a single NVA tower. It only roughly 3-4+ bombing runs from MiG17 to destroy a Us tower.

acashmony

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
i agree with lost, but if the US towers could have more health then NVA towers and make C4 really blow up like it should it would be more fun

S

Soldier

this is a good suggestion and it is very easy to replace the vehicles
i agree, to make the towers unbreakable would not make fun

this is my suggestion:
replace the 2 cobras and put 2 hueys
instead of 3 F4 you can make 2 Mig 17 and 1 A7 Corsair

2 suggestion:
if it is possible, make the towers stronger

offcourse it would not make fun anymore if you would not have Cobra and F4 Phantom,but it would be fairer
(personally i like Cobra, it makes so fun to play with it :), same with F4 (but not so much as with Cobra) )

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone who does not want the towers to respawn.. please reply to this.

At least 50% of all Dart maps, the SVA ends up getting raped in their spawnboat ( mostly they have no flags). The only person in the server who likes that is RONGRONGZENG. Don't we want to avoid that?

This map is BFV's biggest mistake, I do not see why they didn't patch it, ( perhaps the gameplay changed since 1.21?)
Anyway, we here have the chance to 'patch' it, by adding respawning towers, or perhaps by removing the mig17's ( replacing them perhaps, we should look at options like that). I think we all agree that the way Dart is right now isnt fun.

S

Soldier

Lost said:
i find the map Really Fun to see which Pilots are better and how teamwork works out b/c really if the US/ (Other guys?) Cap A flag they always send out there Superior C-4 + torch Combination (Not many use the torch but i think its smart while waiting for resupply) And all near the NVA Towers are Ammo right net to it for infinite Ammo on the C-4

sorry if this looks like crap i'm very sleepy ...to sleepy to edit correctly

lol, trust me lost ;), there will be almost never team work
every one is only trying to get an aircraft, ma
ny players are often desroying the F4 Phantomwith a law or m79 if they are far away to get it
they always destroy if they can not get it because they do not want that an other player get it
so do not except that they will do teamwork to defend it
teamwork in BFV is a wish and a dream, lol
you will only see teamwork in a clan war ;)

O

Old Hippo

CommandoBeta said:
Anyone who does not want the towers to respawn.. please reply to this.

perhaps by removing the mig17's ( replacing them perhaps, we should look at options like that). I think we all agree that the way Dart is right now isnt fun.

Whatever you do, do NOT get rid of the mig 17's (Most fun vehicle in game, IMO). If at all possible, KEEP THE VEHICLE ALLOTMENTS THE WAY THEY ARE. The whole point of BFV is to be able to win as a team even though you have different vehicles than the other team through strategy and by using whatever weapons you have to your advantage (In other words, play as if you are in an actual war).

I personally like how the towers can be lost, it adds a big element of strategy. However, I would not be against making towers harder to destroy in order to prevent a predictable end-game.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
On soldier's idea: Giving the SVA 2 MiG 17s and 1 A7 is diastorous. It would be the same as 2 F4's and an A7 just with the NVA's MiG 21s owning all of SVA's air power without having to actually do much. What would be great is if BFV was like BF2 where you could create conditions for veichles to spawn; you could have it so that if the US tower is dead, then a parachute spawn point like in BF1942's market garden will spawn over the Island of NVA.

S

Soldier

yes, i like the Mig 17 too, one of the best aircraft in this game
but even if the leaders does not decide one of our suggestions, then they should make the towers stronger, i think that would be the best solution
the SVA towers are always destroyed in less than 5 minutes
i can destroy often the cobra and F4 tower alone with a Mig 17 without beeing catched by an enemy
with 2 good pilots the 2 important towers are destroyed in 2 (max. 3 minutes)

Doorman

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
LoL...

ohh yaaaa.....IM quite sure there are more than enough peeps that play on the arvns side that would greatly enjoy the removal of the migs....I ask...how could it possably get better than that for the arvns?

they hop in their jets....see an opposing helo,click their little trigger and the magical missle guides itself nicely for a direct hit without any user input whatsoever...

"or"

hop in their jets....see an opposing mig.....get behind them and click away once more,and I heard the arguments before about how NVA has sa7's.....well lets think about this..

while true,sa7's are a pain in the ass for any arvn or American aircraft they can be seen as shoulder mounted missle launchers that go on the phantoms...but with one small exception....how many of you have fired a sa7 on the ground at a passing jet? its almost comical to watch the jet outrun it..

now...how many have clicked the trigger in a phantom and watch that heat seeker fly away? ever notice the speed difference? by the same heat seeker theory "if" both weapons were even to begin with then as soon as the phantom fired its weapon....the phantom would outrun the missle it launched or fly into the rear of it....

the map is even,the arvns got their point and click phantoms and NVA has got the weight capacity for munitions but lets not forget the point and click cobras as well,as I said earlier,to keep the arvns from lamenting to much about how unfair they have it,harden up the spawn boat or even mentioned earlier....harden up the towers cause there will be absolutely no teamwork in repairs concerning this...mabey one player ever few hours has initiative but thats it.

S

Soldier

Kurk said:
On soldier's idea: Giving the SVA 2 MiG 17s and 1 A7 is diastorous. It would be the same as 2 F4's and an A7 just with the NVA's MiG 21s owning all of SVA's air power without having to actually do much. What would be great is if BFV was like BF2 where you could create conditions for veichles to spawn; you could have it so that if the US tower is dead, then a parachute spawn point like in BF1942's market garden will spawn over the Island of NVA.

lol, that was just an simple idea(i didnt want to type much), you could put instead of 3 F4s 3 Mig 21s and instead of 2 cobras 2 hues (FG Server, 1.0 Version did that)
but as I said before, it should stay like now, but only should be make stronger
but that should ofc the leaders decide, we only make the ideas ;)

PS: there were many topics about the map operation flaming dart, if the leaders would wanted to change they would already did it
so i think we should not post much anymore and wait for their decision

Player_0

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Dover
Oh for fuck's sake... Here we go again.

CommandoBeta said:
It did appear as much fun as everyone thought
No.
CommandoBeta said:
At least 50% of all Dart maps, the SVA ends up getting raped in their spawnboat ( mostly they have no flags). The only person in the server who likes that is RONGRONGZENG. Don't we want to avoid that?
No.
CommandoBeta said:
I think we all agree that the way Dart is right now isnt fun.
No.
Soldier said:
lol, trust me lost ;), there will be almost never team work
teamwork in BFV is a wish and a dream, lol
I remember there was some back in the day.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
For you guys that didn't notice, ive set up a Voting Poll on the top border of this topic.

Happy Voting

Back