• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Tunnels in Landing Zona Albany

A

Anonymous

I might not be supportive of certain mods. But byrd loves Beta and base modifcations. Cedar Falls was not the First map with tunnels, in the beta version LVA and IDV had tunnels. Byrds main suggestion: Adding underground tunnels in LZA (tunneliadrang_m1).

Secondary sugggestions:
picture:http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=0ccr82b0pcccuo2&thumb=4
Add:
-1 Neutral Base: Trenches, added in D3 (Location of a former tunnel)
-Underground tunnels (Object name: tunneliadrang_m1) added in E2-E3 in place of the only hut on the map (Underground tunnels were in the beta on LZA)Change:
-E2 Base moved underground (largest tunnel room)
-NVA main moved to Landing Zone Albany; Add BTR and 469 spawn, while deleting BTR and 469 spawn in the former main. This makes it more fair, and will shorten the round length as 1 tream will alawys control more bases than the other, yielding constant ticket loss.
Remoe
-Tunnels Removed from LZ-Charlie and D3.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Underground tunnels? As in Saigon Tunnels?

Player_0

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Dover
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Cedar Falls was not the First map with tunnels, in the beta version LZA and IDV had tunnels.
Well, now LZA's tunnel intro makes sense. Thank you for this information!

S

Soldier

wtf are you talking? you can not mod it, because the player must have this mod too
this is not like Call of Duty 2 (i am not sure, but i think in CoD 1 and in United Offensive too) where you can direcly download the mods

G

Soldier said:
wtf are you talking? you can not mod it, because the player must have this mod too
this is not like Call of Duty 2 (i am not sure, but i think in CoD 1 and in United Offensive too) where you can direcly download the mods

You can mod certain aspects of the map server-side, which you probably know so I won't detail it. I think what surfin byrd is trying to say is, the tunnels can be added with a server-side mod because the relevant files already exist but are not active in the game by default.

That said, I doubt Hello would do this because they've indicated several times their position on making changes to gameplay. Hypothetically it would be nice, as LZ albany is a crap map. Another great mod would be changing the out-of-bounds boundaries so that the US main could be attacked easier (I've seen this done on other maps). Many maps have areas within the boundaries that were originally going to be included in the game but weren't.

S

Soldier

I know what a server side mod is, but i do not think that the mod is serversided but it might be.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Adding the Saigontunnelcomplex to a map makes it a Client Side mod. It requires other peoples to have the file to play, unlike if you were to add a spawnable tunnel.

A

Anonymous

i understang where ur comming from kurk, yes tunneliadrang_m1 ais like the cedar falls tunnels. One entrance is bulding (the only tan building in lza) and there are two others... i8f u wan to see it, just open Battlecraft vietnam, ckick ass object to cache and scroll down t the bottom...

Back