• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Everyone BUT cash look (it's a suprise >.>)

Col. Hannibal Smith

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
Spring Hill, Kansas (just south of Olathe Kansas w
Real Name
John Lennon
hey helloclan it's me again. I would like the ones in charge of website design to please put up a background layout for when cash comes back from Over There. If he says when he's supposed to come back, please have some kind of nice background image or something like a banner saying "Welcome Home Cash". I KNOW...that his tour of duty isn't up for a while, but I think the decision should be unanimously yes that we plan on a background. I think we owe it to him to at least do something thankful like that. SAY YES :evil:

Cpl.AJ

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Anthony So
Cool! his wife is mah psn buddy so i can ask her wen he comes home :)

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
You got it, let me know when

Valkyrie

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
chris
I think thats a great idea we owe him at least that

A

Anonymous

"Re: Everyone BUT cash look (it's a suprise >.>)"i support having a surprise for him, but the title will make him want to look. Its often human nature to do things that they are told not to to find out why they shpould be doing things... (i suggest making the title less obvious. There is a reason why the british gave the landship the codename "Tank" becaouse it sounds boring, and who woukld want to "waste there time investing something boring. Now if the british names the operation "Not for Germany", odds are germany would have investaged to find out why the brisitsh dont want them looking.

O

Old Hippo

Kurk said:
Oh yes, defending the US from peasants.
Heck yeah Kurk, we should just nuke their filthy peasant butts and be done with it! Oh wait, that would be a humanitarian travesty... rather like crashing passenger planes into skycrapers...

Someone needs to add a sarcasm smiley on this forum.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Deadly_Hippo said:
Kurk said:
Oh yes, defending the US from peasants.
Heck yeah Kurk, we should just nuke their filthy peasant butts and be done with it! Oh wait, that would be a humanitarian travesty... rather like crashing passenger planes into skycrapers...

Someone needs to add a sarcasm smiley on this forum.
Or rather, keep your security up to date and don't slack. Just like with Sony and many other major corporations have found out, never leave something the way it is just because its not a problem at the time.

O

Old Hippo

Kurk said:
Or rather, keep your security up to date and don't slack. Just like with Sony and many other major corporations have found out, never leave something the way it is just because its not a problem at the time.

Easier said than done I'm afraid, especially if the "peasants" are allowed to conspire uninhibited in safe haven countries. You can't possibly prepare for every kind of attack. Sorry, I don't have complete trust in a government bureaucracy to keep me safe. I would certainly prefer to fight the peasants in the Middle East, not on our own borders, and personally, I am exceedingly grateful and indebted to guys like Cash who keep the peasants on their heels.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Deadly_Hippo said:
Kurk said:

Easier said than done I'm afraid, especially if the "peasants" are allowed to conspire uninhibited in safe haven countries. You can't possibly prepare for every kind of attack. Sorry, I don't have complete trust in a government bureaucracy to keep me safe. I would certainly prefer to fight the peasants in the Middle East, not on our own borders, and personally, I am exceedingly grateful and indebted to guys like Cash who keep the peasants on their heels.
Oh? So having a completely preventable situation like 11.9.2001 automatically gives you the right to barge into the Middle East because of your government's mistake? I'm sorry, I am missing the part where people just wait until events happen to change things that should be there for safety.

O

Old Hippo

Kurk said:
Oh? So having a completely preventable situation like 11.9.2001 automatically gives you the right to barge into the Middle East because of your government's mistake? I'm sorry, I am missing the part where people just wait until events happen to change things that should be there for safety.

The problem is in how you look at 911. Your treating it as if the USA is a parent letting their children run wild in a china shop, as if the US is somehow liable for terrorists blowing up buildings. The US government didn't accidentally knock down some building and then invade Afghanistan, Al Qaeda terrorists did the unjustifiable act of flying jets into New York City. Doesn't the guilt and therefore the consequence reside with the terrorists themselves? Why should America make ANY apologies for going after those responsible and disrupting their murderous plans?

Maybe it's a matter of how you determine law and order. In the USA, if a robber breaks into your house during the night and you shoot and kill him, the police don't arrest the homeowner for murder. Why do you lay the blame on the US for protecting itself after being attacked? If a man is jumped and beaten on the street because an attacker sees he has no weapon on him, do you arrest the attacker, or do you blame the man for not walking with a weapon? You are saying that we have no right to stop those who attack us because we could have prevented an attack. Maybe its a western thing to think otherwise, I don't know.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
No, I'm saying that the incident could have been prevented had the US government/Airlines taken the necessary precautions. It was ridiculous that someone could walk onto a plane with a boxer cutter in their shoe. In defense of you should look at all ways an attack is possible. Its not like the US government didn't know "terrorist" groups hated America, and its not like they weren't informed of a possible attack on US soil.

Also, crime != war/conflict.

O

Old Hippo

Of course it could have been prevented. The low security was certainly a failure of the Clinton Administration and the (very early) Bush administration. However, just because the government could have prevented it had they been more vigilant does not in any way vindicate the terrorists or mean that the US cannot retaliate in order to defeat those responsible. That's the principle I'm getting at. Had the US not invaded Afghanistan, bringing the fight to the terrorists themselves, you can bet that terrorism would have been more rampant in America and around the world. There are many ways to blow up buildings other than with jets.

Valkyrie

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
chris
kurk thats just like saying a man leaves his keys in the car and someone steals the car but its the mans fault that the criminal did the wrong thing. And deadly hippo my advice is to stop talking to him if he wants to be a communist loving liberal hippie let him i gave up on him completely. And now that i am joining the marines i cant wait to go to a terrorist loving country kick the shit out of them.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Valkyrie said:
kurk thats just like saying a man leaves his keys in the car and someone steals the car but its the mans fault that the criminal did the wrong thing. And deadly hippo my advice is to stop talking to him if he wants to be a communist loving liberal hippie let him i gave up on him completely. And now that i am joining the marines i cant wait to go to a terrorist loving country kick the shit out of them.
Cool, I like killing people too. What ever happened to violence being bad? Oh, but please, enjoy it while the politicians slowly take away your civil liberties due to "safety".

Valkyrie

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
chris
Violence is a good thing under certain circumstances like Hitler for instance. or Osama bin Laden, and Saddam insane. some one needed to take them down a few pegs. I thank god for the Corps and the Navy Seals Obama just took credit for something George Bush did.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
Kurk said:
Valkyrie said:
Cool, I like killing people too. What ever happened to violence being bad? Oh, but please, enjoy it while the politicians slowly take away your civil liberties due to "safety".
Like what civil liberties? And are you only talking about the US?

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
CommandoBeta said:
Kurk said:
Valkyrie said:
Like what civil liberties? And are you only talking about the US?
Yes, I am. Their government passed a bill called the Patriot Act that basically allows them to infringe the Bill of Rights if an individual is suspected of being involved in Terrorism, or they are allowed to do certain things to enhance the "safety" of the country against terrorism. I'm not too keen on it, so I can't really say.

Back