• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Hello.Battlefield 2 Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald_Oliver13

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Gerald Oliver
Hello.Battlefield 2 Members and Anyone else that may be interested

The leadership of the HelloClan BF2 branch has changed. Fragd has left and now Soldier and I will be leading the clan. We will be working together to make some changes that will help get new members and improve the clan.

We apologize for the very long deley getting the server going. We origanly were going to go though a server privider that was unable to get an EA license for a ranked server. This provider was payed, and agreed to refund the money. (enough for three months payed for by me) As soon as the money is refunded we will be getting the sever through a well astablished lisenced provider.

We ask that all members help support the clan and stay active.
Thank you all for your patience.

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
That's good news. I hope you guys can bring some proper leadership to the BF2 branch of Hello Clan!!!

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
So do you have a plan to make the server popular? I think you will need people to be on the server for a long time so that people will join and the server will become popular ( people won't go in an empty server)

RyanCooper

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well, we just need some people to populate the server.. which means you can go on it and be AFK or do nothing until ppl show up.

Fragd

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
or put in bots using a server daemon which is a admin tool to fill in the spots to make for easier play

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Fragd said:
or put in bots using a server daemon which is a admin tool to fill in the spots to make for easier play
People who want to join the server will see as people playing: BattlefieldBots1 ( or something like that, you see that in Special Forces alot)

S

Soldier

Fragd said:

lol fragd, i know that, but like beta said, people see it that these are bots

Cpt. Giggles

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I will be active when I am at school... But no time here and internet sucks...

Fragd

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
The bots dont have to have generic names like that. They can be named things the HELLO or Hello. Cpt. giggles. Thee point of bots is the fact that there is a certain amount of people needed to start a real game. It usually takes 4 or 6 people to start a game. Thats where the bots come in. They fill most of those spots up so that when people join, theyre not at a struggle to get a game going

Gerald_Oliver13

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Gerald Oliver
CommandoBeta said:
So do you have a plan to make the server popular? I think you will need people to be on the server for a long time so that people will join and the server will become popular ( people won't go in an empty server)

Yeah, It will be important, for the first several weeks anyway, for all of us to try to be on the server as much as possible.There are several things to consider that are important to make it popular, ... what most people select in they're filters (it needs to be easy to find), Maps, rules, the name, and a few other things.

Our members will grow once the server is up. The more members we have in as many different time zones as possible, then the server will stay full. Its good to have admins in different time zones to be on the server around the clock. Also the more members we have the more possible donations. Then maybe more servers if the first one stays full for a while and the funding is available.

Gerald_Oliver13

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Gerald Oliver
Fragd said:

I kind of wanted bots to start with but don't they cost more?

Gerald_Oliver13

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Gerald Oliver
CommandoBeta said:
Fragd said:
People who want to join the server will see as people playing: BattlefieldBots1 ( or something like that, you see that in Special Forces alot)

Yeah that's true you can always tell if its bots and if your looking for a game you wouldn't go there, but they would come in handy when there is only a few of us that just want to go play around a bit on a sever by our selves and have our points counted.

Gerald_Oliver13

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Gerald Oliver
Cpt. Giggles said:
I will be active when I am at school... But no time here and internet sucks...

Thats cool man, I feel ya, when I was in school I had NO internet of my own but the free internet they had there was nice.

Gerald_Oliver13

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Gerald Oliver
Soldier said:
Fragd said:

lol fragd, i know that, but like beta said, people see it that these are bots

yeah, ... lol I already commented on that before I read this one, but anyway, as I said before I thought about bots but I think someone said they cost more money and..., you know the other stuff I said above. ... If they don't cost more and can be turned on and off easily they could be useful in the beginning wile waiting to get more active members, for event purposes, or if we only have a few people.

S

Soldier

Gerald_Oliver13 said:
Fragd said:

I kind of wanted bots to start with but don't they cost more?

i am not sure, but usally bots cost money (and they really cost much money)
but in games like BFV or BF1942 you can change from Conquest to Cooperative, what means you can use bots without money. But for BF2 i am not sure, i think you can use bots without paying, but for this we must use the slots for the server (i think for every slot one bot) and that is not good. But lets see how much slots will the new server have.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I think we are talking about different bots here. I am not talking about co-op bots, I am talking about bots that actually fill up slots in the server, so that people think there are real people in the server.

S

Soldier

lol
guys, i will talk with gerald
like it seems we will start with bots at the beginning to get players on it
offcourse we will need some afk players for the beginning, but he have a good amount of member so it will be not a problem i think if they want

PS: pls do not use this topic for off topic things
it was only an announcement from gerald oliver 13.
thank you :)

Fragd

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
LISTEN TO ME, I KNOW. The bots to fill up spots are free and can be created with the admin control of control daemon. Its a very simplae task. My clan leader uses it all the time when we are low on people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back