• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Crashes, the real story.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Well, I assume most of you know it already in detail, but nevertheless here is whats going on:

Apparently some dickhole is going around all servers that he can acces to perform his little ddos to take down those servers.
He goes by the anonymous name of player. Once he logged in on your server, there is nothing else to do but see how it crashes.
Now, I know that some of you have tried to catch this little rat, but whitout any results. This kid is probably using SYN Flood, which doesn't damage the server or network, it only makes it crash. Since he has been going on doing this for weeks now, I think that the only way to get rid of him is by attacking this guy back but then with a more effective ddos, causing harm to his computer.
I assume that the kid who is ddosing has no real knowlegde of computers, he is probably just playing around with a single program that he managed to get somewhere. Only server with an open connection for everyone are being harmed. Those who are protected with a password (that he doesnt know) are being left aside, since he cant perform a connection.

This is what I have witnessed/know.
I hope it might help you in any way.

Max

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
ZamZam said:
just shove a watermelon in his pc. Not being racist.
Saying you're not being racist makes it sound even more racist. Just saying..

ArcticWinter

Regular Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Andre
"anonanon: There is no way you can prevent your servers from crashing"

There is, plenty. Please re-consider your tactics, lol.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
SAS-Elite Soldier said:
"anonanon: There is no way you can prevent your servers from crashing"

There is, plenty. Please re-consider your tactics, lol.
edit: lol

Alphascout

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
yeah there is we solved the problem last night =]

server hasnt crashed in 12 hours

S

Soldier

-[HELLO]-Alphascout said:
yeah there is we solved the problem last night =]

server hasnt crashed in 12 hours

yes, it is online, but with password, lol

Alphascout

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
your point =]

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
Max said:
I assume that the kid who is ddosing has no real knowlegde of computers, he is probably just playing around with a single program that he managed to get somewhere. Only server with an open connection for everyone are being harmed. Those who are protected with a password (that he doesnt know) are being left aside, since he cant perform a connection.

I think found that script that he is using to do this.

Initially I thought it was a remote attack that didn't require a log into the server, but now I see that it's a client side attack; that is, he has to log into the game to do this attack.

The only question I have is are the clients crashing? or is the server crashing?

Doorman

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
its definite serverside

after one crashes I can immediately log into another server,if my client crashed I would have to have time to recover plus may even go to desktop....

I sent hello13 (Im assuming thats top of the totem pole) a message pertaining to that particular script along with the name of the dude that created it (he's directly responsible for dice implementing 1.21)
I would give a link to the script itself but why invite problems...all kinds of questionable individuals are monitoring these and sexys forums

Koppa

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
GunRunner said:
Max said:

I think found that script that he is using to do this.

Initially I thought it was a remote attack that didn't require a log into the server, but now I see that it's a client side attack; that is, he has to log into the game to do this attack.

The only question I have is are the clients crashing? or is the server crashing?

It shuts down the server. The administration is well aware of this exploit that is affecting both the 1942 and BFV community. Unfortunately it looks like the only way to fix this exploit would be a patch, which we all know won't happen. He's using a function already built into the game, hard to prevent that.

Cpl.AJ

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Anthony So
if i could make a suggestion... what we CAN possibly do, is inform players that if u have the word "player" in ur name, u will be auto kicked by the server and the msg will read "please change name" or something like that..

Alphascout

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
tried that.. dont work

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Cpl.AJ said:
if i could make a suggestion... what we CAN possibly do, is inform players that if u have the word "player" in ur name, u will be auto kicked by the server and the msg will read "please change name" or something like that..

A player's name isn't at issue here.

It's a very clever exploit. In fact, it's so clever I'm really impressed.

Back