• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Why 1.2 and not 1.21?

Takke

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
Kurk said:
Takke said:
Someone's a newfag.
Okay.png

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
You know text does better for one worded responses, especially when there's a white background.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Kurk said:
You know text does better for one worded responses, especially when there's a white background.
Damnit, did you have to ruin this glorious victory against MurderToDeath? I wanted his screen to be full of arguments that totally owned the ones he gave :)

A

Anonymous

(Admin plz remove the off topic posts and lock this in my opinion pointless topic)

M

MurdertoDeath

CommandoBeta said:
So, knowing only a small group of people will come with HELLO to 1.21, we know that HELLO will have to completely start over with getting popularity in 1.21 ( While HELLO is already the most famous server from 1.2!)
People who are used to this game (we are talking about most of the people) know how to use the server browser and they speak english. Also if you announce the update persistently in the server chat (like you do it with the server rules) then most of the players will notice and they will follow. Not to forget, there are waiting new + more players in 1.21. They all know the Allmaps server. People on HHK always complain they can't use it.

CommandoBeta said:
So the only reason to move the HELLO server to 1.21 and start completely over is to fix a small exploit wich you proberbly cant even name?
Whatever exploit it is, some other person maybe know it.

CommandoBeta said:
Also a great point by Byrd, as soon as HELLO leaves all the players wont notice and will go to the fake server instead and not go to 1.21. Please. Moving to 1.21 makes no sence and you know it.
Then why would they notice if Allmaps crashes (like many times) and the fake server is the only one that works? :lol:

I understand your fear for making changes, but it's unreasonable.

S

Soldier

MurdertoDeath said:
CommandoBeta said:
I have seen people downpatching from 1.21 to play at this server.
You think they take the complications of "downpatching"(which means to reinstall the whole game + patches), but they wouldn't patch from 1.2 to 1.21? C'mon, let's talk on a serious level! That's just ridiculous!

CommandoBeta said:
If it would move to 1.21 it would loose much of its popularity.
Maybe you should learn to give arguments. If you learned that you should give arguments in consideration of the facts. ;)

Forget it. Tedde would never update to 1.21, they are so much players on it.
And on 1.21 there are so less players, and the allmaps servers are always empty there. Only the server with much helicopter has player over 10.
By the way, i have experience in all versions, and i had my own server on 1.21 (provider didnt wanted to change to 1.2, so i had the server only for one month).

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
MurdertoDeath said:
People who are used to this game (we are talking about most of the people) know how to use the server browser and they speak english. Also if you announce the update persistently in the server chat (like you do it with the server rules) then most of the players will notice and they will follow. Not to forget, there are waiting new + more players in 1.21. They all know the Allmaps server. People on HHK always complain they can't use it.

You think HELLO has a huge group of loyal followers who will follow the server anywhere. That is not true.
You say people 'know how to use the server browser'. The server just crashed, it is back up, and look, are all people on HELLO again? No, they went to the Band of Brothers Server instead. Also I have seen it happen countless times that after the HELLO server crashed, many people went to the fake server. That will also happen when HELLO leaves to 1.21. Believe me, most of the players do not check the IP before they go into the HELLO server.

Whatever exploit it is, some other person maybe know it.
Still not a reason to start a server all over.

Then why would they notice if Allmaps crashes (like many times) and the fake server is the only one that works? :lol:
I have no idea what you mean, but yes, after crashes mostly many people go to the fake server. Since you are new to this forum you proberbly dont know, but there have been many topics about that.
I understand your fear for making changes, but it's unreasonable.

Funny how you have to add something personal after every post you make. I understand you are frustrated about your idea being the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas, but theres no need for adding those.

You are only responding to my post, do you not read Byrds post?

A

Anonymous

All maps crashes not because of 1.2 its because of the server not the version,.... do i have to restate all my poinst plus more in list to make it easier to understand? oviusly i do
-Hello has a fake server, and therefore people would go there if wwe moved
-Most players play 1.2, however they are on less often.
-They players who play 1.21 already have servers and most wont change servers.
-Hellos problem is server related not version related (u dont c sexy server crashing do u)
-We have alot of BOB members and other clans who play 1.2 only and have 1.2 servers and therefore wont undate (we are talking about alot of good players.
- at certian times of the day 1.21 might have more players, but it has alot mnore server and therefore onless people pr server
-More competeion on 1.21
-We are talking about the server and all the peopl who play on it. (not just the for server and for you benifit)updated would cause a hassel for all the people who play if they wanted to continue playuing on it
-alot players are here just to play and are not speccifically hello dedicated, and therefore wont update
-all non english peaking players wount update (there are quite a few)
-all current players, spielers, jugadors, and jouners wont update
-all ppeople who dont know how to wont update (there are quite a few of them also)
-all players who dont read the grey print wont update (there are alot of them to)
-most new bfv servers fail
-alot of players on 1.21 dont pay attention to 1.2 servers and wont know about our change
-People prefer to play on the most populated servers, hello if changed whould not be one of them.
-its a hassel to hello and costsmoney to update
-non hello loyalists greatly out number the loyoalists (who are pretty much the people on this forum)
-ect.... ect.. ect... i could go on and on.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
SgtSurfinByrd said:
All maps crashes not because of 1.2 its because of the server not the version,.... do i have to restate all my poinst plus more in list to make it easier to understand? oviusly i do
-Hellos problem is server related not version related (u dont c sexy server crashing do u)
-We have alot of BOB members and other clans who play 1.2 only and have 1.2 servers and therefore wont undate (we are talking about alot of good players.
- at certian times of the day 1.21 might have more players, but it has alot mnore server and therefore onless people pr server
-More competeion on 1.21
-We are talking about the server and all the peopl who play on it. (not just the for server and for you benifit)updated would cause a hassel for all the people who play if they wanted to continue playuing on it
-alot players are here just to play and are not speccifically hello dedicated, and therefore wont update
-all ppeople who dont know how to wont update (there are quite a few of them also)
-all players who dont read the grey print wont update (there are alot of them to)
-alot of players on 1.21 dont pay attention to 1.2 servers and wont know about our change
-People prefer to play on the most populated servers, hello if changed whould not be one of them.
-non hello loyalists greatly out number the loyoalists (who are pretty much the people on this forum)

Great post , Byrd. MurderToDeath, if you are so sure about your point, I challange you to tell about every single point of Byrd why it is not right. If you can't , it is obvious that the server should not be moved. Hehe, im going to like seeing you try.

M

MurdertoDeath

You give 100 arguments and 99 of them are what you think and not what you know.
Many of them are proven wrong.

EDIT:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
That's what you believe. Most people don't go there when Allmaps crashes.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
That's proven wrong.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
That's proven wrong. I played 1.21 as well and i used many servers like many other players did as well. I just missed a good all maps server, that's why i reinstalled the game and play 1.2.
Btw. HHK is running out of money, which means there are 30 up to 40 1.21 players looking for a new "home".
SgtSurfinByrd said:
So a version change wouldn't matter would it?
SgtSurfinByrd said:
I can count the BOB members playing on Allmaps with 4 fingers. They are too few to mention.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Where is the argument??? All those players would love to welcome Allmaps on 1.21. Then they would play on one server.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
-More competeion on 1.21
If you're convinced Allmaps is a good server then you don't have to fear "competition".
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Downloading a 10MB file and starting it is no hassle! :lol:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
That's what you believe. I'm not HELLO dedicated as well. Actually i just joined this forum to make a request. It seems you can't estimate the average players.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Did you count them? :lol:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
For what reason? :lol:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
How did they update to 1.2?
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Don't forget all inactive players won't read it as well. :lol:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Example!? Statistics? Where do you get those numbers? And why is Allmaps a new server? Most people on 1.21 know Allmaps, that's chat proven.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
So why is it important? Do you think they won't see the new server in server list?
SgtSurfinByrd said:
You can be sure it will be one of the most populated servers! Put a little more trust in this great server please!
SgtSurfinByrd said:
That's Hello's business, not yours.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Well you repeat your argument from above. I'm also not a Hello "loyalist" (whatever you mean by that).
SgtSurfinByrd said:
I'm sure of that. I pay respect to you that you desperately tried to find some arguments and even repeated some of them. :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT
@CommandoBeta
I feared a post like yours. hammer00 ;) A lot of work for destroying weak "arguments". But ok, i demanded arguments - i give arguments.

A

Anonymous

-They players who play 1.21 already have servers and most wont change servers. (beople have a tendency to stick with that they know, and are semi reluctant to try new things).
-We have alot of BOB members and other clans who play 1.2 only and have 1.2 servers and therefore wont undate (we are talking about alot of good players. (bob does infact jhvae a server so why would they leave their clan in the dust0?
- at certian times of the day 1.21 might have more players, but it has alot mnore server and therefore onless people pr server, (as you supported with ur evidence on how many people are one at a certian time)
-More competeion on 1.21 (more servers=more competion=less players per server)
-We are talking about the server and all the peopl who play on it. (not just the for server and for you benifit)updated would cause a hassel for all the people who play if they wanted to continue playuing on it, [we are given them more work= hassel, common sence])
-alot players are here just to play and are not speccifically hello dedicated, and therefore wont update (logic, people tend wont change if it is not necessecary)
-all non english peaking players wount update (there are quite a few) (if they cant read english they wont know about the update)
-all current players, spielers, jugadors, and jouners wont update (Again human tendencies and logic, if they are too lazy/ dont know how to change there name they probably are to lazy to update if they know how, logic)
-all ppeople who dont know how to wont update (there are quite a few of them also)(u cant do something pourposely like update if you dont know how)
-all players who dont read the grey print wont update (there are alot of them to)(its some players quite obviuos)
-most new bfv servers fail (look at how many have 0 players)
-alot of players on 1.21 dont pay attention to 1.2 servers and wont know about our change, plus they cant go on our server and learn about the change (common sence for the second part, for the first human tendencies)
-People prefer to play on the most populated servers, hello if changed whould not be one of them.(you seldomly see players on alone)

M

MurdertoDeath

You give 100 arguments and 99 of them are what you think and not what you know.
Many of them are proven wrong.

EDIT:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
That's proven wrong.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
That's proven wrong. I played 1.21 as well and i used many servers like many other players did as well. I just missed a good all maps server, that's why i reinstalled the game and play 1.2.
Btw. HHK is running out of money, which means there are 30 up to 40 1.21 players looking for a new "home".
SgtSurfinByrd said:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
I can count the BOB members playing on Allmaps with 4 fingers. They are too few to mention.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Where is the argument??? All those players would love to welcome Allmaps on 1.21. Then they would play on one server.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
-More competeion on 1.21
If you're convinced Allmaps is a good server then you don't have to fear "competition".
SgtSurfinByrd said:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
That's what you believe. I'm not HELLO dedicated as well. Actually i just joined this forum to make a request. It seems you can't estimate the average players.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
For what reason? :lol:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Example!? Statistics? Where do you get those numbers? And why is Allmaps a new server? Most people on 1.21 know Allmaps, that's chat proven.
SgtSurfinByrd said:
So why is it important? Do you think they won't see the new server in server list?
SgtSurfinByrd said:
You can be sure it will be one of the most populated servers! Put a little more trust in this great server please!
SgtSurfinByrd said:
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Well you repeat your argument from above. I'm also not a Hello "loyalist" (whatever you mean by that).
SgtSurfinByrd said:
I'm sure of that. I pay respect to you that you desperately tried to find some arguments and even repeated some of them. :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT
@CommandoBeta
I feared a post like yours. hammer00 ;) A lot of work for destroying weak "arguments". But ok, i demanded arguments - i give arguments.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
They do. Ask anyone. We have all seen it.

That's proven wrong.
It is not, you are just changing the facts now, it varies, it comes close to 50/50.
That's proven wrong. I played 1.21 as well and i used many servers like many other players did as well. I just missed a good all maps server, that's why i reinstalled the game and play 1.2. Btw. HHK is running out of money, which means there are 30 up to 40 1.21 players looking for a new "home".
Why would you go to an empty server? No. People will not join an empty server just because they want 'all maps'. So they wont go to the empty 1.21 HELLO server. About the HHK.. those people are most likely going to servers they have already seen on the server list before, not the new HELLO server.
No, but it woulndt cause the crashes either, so that will be even a bigger disadvantage, a new server ( to the people of 1.21), wich crashes all the time, will not get popular.

I am sorry, but HELLO is like the home of BOB. There are 92 BOB members, so youll need 92 fingers to count them. Ok, not all BOB members play on the server, but I could name 15 without problems.

Even good things have to fear competition. It is complete nonsense to say that if a server is good it doesnt have to fear competition.
For non English speaking people that is quite a hassle. Yes.

It is proven that most players are not HELLO dedicated, because even when HELLO is back up after a crash, they go to different servers. Like today, the HELLO server was just there, the BOB server was full ( 40 people) and 30 of those were regular HELLO players.
Did YOU count them? In one day I could easily count 30.

For what reason?
They are very likely not to know English ( considering they cant even change their name) so they will most likely not read the gray server text.

Many people bought BFV 1.2. ( me included)

That answer is in the same category as 'icecream wont read it as well'.
SgtSurfinByrd said:

By 'new server' I think he means a server on wich no people play yet and so it is not popular yet. Example? Allright.
  • BFV.HU [muhaha] server
    ROG
    [Dogs of War]POE1.0
    Tower of Power
    BF:Vietnam Server
    VS-UK Retro
    =SAS=
    -=[LGMC]=- FUBAR
    Russkiy Speznaz
    Clan TSF
    W. und G.Z.4Netplayers
    [HoH]SmashingSoldiers

They will not if its somewhere deep down ( no players on).

SgtSurfinByrd said:
Even a great server will not magicly attract players.

So because it is HELLO's business, its not an argument against? Oh I think it is.

SgtSurfinByrd said:

Allright, i'll name one other important one.
Leaving 1.2 will also mean leaving the great 1.2 community, with players like [SEXY]- , BOB, and XxX clanmembers. Also clanwars against 1.2 clans will not be possible anymore.

@CommandoBeta
I feared a post like yours. A lot of work for destroying weak "arguments". But ok, i demanded arguments - i give arguments.
[/quote]
By now I know the way you make a post, and yes, at the end you make a personal argument again. If that is what you like, here it comes, enjoy it:

Looks whose arguments got destroyed now!

=Edit=
Since you seem to be knowing the rules of discussion so well, you should answer posts by different people also. Please answer this:
How is it beneficial to you for Hello to move to 1.21?

A

Anonymous

Murderniodeat iots obviuos that u wont get it through ur skull that it is nnot wotrth it, but u will not change my opinion on this either.. i never said my things were 100% of time right. i never said all players. wU dont know how angered i am by ur selfishness maybe i should say this. Lets put it to the polls. and see who wins. In all honesty we both think where right. But does ur opinion matter? no, not at all here, nither does mine or beta's. What matters is HELLO'S. i could shoot u down i again but i dont dont feel like it. Let just sau this, only a few servers actually do sucede But my biggest point i c say wil l remain the one supported by. THe goal is to have little competition and have more players on aty one times. 1.21 has too many servers for Hello to gain players. As with all my points., We will loose more people than we gain, which is my point. WE would also loose alot of friends that we have here, we might gain some new ones. Bu the past players shoul take proirity.. THis is not benificial.
Maybe you should have taken some time and looked in this old topic: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18.
HELLOclan will not update. And Honestly i am getting pretty tired of ur persistance to got to the players. IIf they want to play on our they would have come here. and if you think you cant down grade... read that topic i posted above, cause u can. Its extremely unfair to all 1.2 members to have to update to continue playing. If they really wanted to play on 1.21 they would have downloaded the 1.2 patch. And i wiuldm like a hello moderator to postwhat hello will do. I really cant understand ur motive here. I will say it again. If they want to playon our server they can come to us. We have no obligation to go to them.

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
Guys, this is kind of pointless.

The only way to properly deal with this debate is for the Hello server to be patched up to v1.22

Sheesh, am I the only one that realized this solution?!

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
anyone can make a copy of their bfv folder, update one copy to 1.21 , and then just go into x fire options and change the link that starts bfv (in tools/ options/ games), depending on which version u want to play. Which means ppl who play on 1.21 can play on 1.2 at the moment, so i see no point making hello server 1.21, simple..

S

Soldier

+ F®³§h-ßlood + said:
anyone can make a copy of their bfv folder, update one copy to 1.21 , and then just go into x fire options and change the link that starts bfv (in tools/ options/ games), depending on which version u want to play. Which means ppl who play on 1.21 can play on 1.2 at the moment, so i see no point making hello server 1.21, simple..

yes, thats, what i wanted to suggest
i have this same too
i have 3 versions, 1.0, 1.2 and 1.21

crazy232

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
i used to play on 1.21 and yes there are alot of newer players that go straight to that version, however i quickly got anoyed and irritated whith thoes players noob like actions, the atmosphere on 1.2 is much better, mainly because of the established players. ive read most of the points given but 1.2 still has a good player base and new players are coming on most days so i dont see any reason to shift servers.
just my 2 cents ninjaturtle0

O

Old Hippo

Same here, I dual patched with 1.2 and 1.21 but I found the community on 1.21 to be less fun all around. Consequently, I never play on 1.21 any more, and everyone knows HELLO BFV AllMaps is the best server around anyway- Now, if only that guy would stop hacking it...
www.MessenTools.com-varios-ordenadores-020.gif

Back