• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Why 1.2 and not 1.21?

M

MurdertoDeath

Is there any trouble with 1.21 or why don't you run it? I think most players who install this game, will install ALL patches and play 1.21. HHK (1.21 server) has as many players as Allmaps and they just play Hastings. I'm sure an update to 1.21 would help Allmaps.
You could announce the update for one month in the server chat, so all players will notice.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
MurdertoDeath said:
Is there any trouble with 1.21 or why don't you run it? I think most players who install this game, will install ALL patches and play 1.21. HHK (1.21 server) has as many players as Allmaps and they just play Hastings. I'm sure an update to 1.21 would help Allmaps.
You could announce the update for one month in the server chat, so all players will notice.

The 2 biggest BFV servers are on 1.2 I think there as much players on 1.2 as on 1.21. No need to move there.

M

MurdertoDeath

Well, if Allmaps updates to 1.21 it fixes exploits and makes 1.21 the version with the two biggest servers.
It's very odd that Allmaps didn't update in such a long time.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Moving to 1.21 would bring nothing to HELLO, and HELLO will loose at least 70% procent of its regular users on the server.

Takke

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
1.2 has more players than 1.21 or 1.0.

M

MurdertoDeath

Do you really believe that users aren't smart enough to update their version? I would rather be scared that they leave, because the server crashes over and over again. Maybe an update could fix that as well.

@Takke
Forgive me, but that's rubbish! Allmaps IS 1.2. If Allmaps moves forward, players will follow and 1.2 is dead. HHK also has up to 40 players regularly and it only runs Hastings. Allmaps will benefit from that.

Takke

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Thats not true. and everyday when i watch how many players there is online in BFV atleast 60% of them r playing in 1.2 servers. and no ppl wont go 1.21 even if HELLO moves to 1.21. HELLO members would only.

M

MurdertoDeath

Sorry my friend, but you're not telling the truth. I'm coming right from the server browser and here is the result:

The 10 servers with most players:

1.0: 1 server with a total number of 11 players.
1.2: 3 servers with a total number of 53 players.
1.21: 6 servers with a total number of 67 players.

Now imagine what happens, if Allmaps goes 1.21.

Feel free to check those numbers by yourself! Obviously you didn't.

S

Soldier

The most players are playing on 1.2. They are much too much servers on 1.21, but less players (very very less).
If we should change we would loose over 70% over the players which we have (like beta said).

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
MurdertoDeath said:
Sorry my friend, but you're not telling the truth. I'm coming right from the server browser and here is the result:

The 10 servers with most players:

1.0: 1 server with a total number of 11 players.
1.2: 3 servers with a total number of 53 players.
1.21: 6 servers with a total number of 67 players.

Now imagine what happens, if Allmaps goes 1.21.

Feel free to check those numbers by yourself! Obviously you didn't.

Feel free to read my post. Hello is the number 1 server in Battlefield Vietnam. I have seen people downpatching from 1.21 to play at this server. If it would move to 1.21 it would loose much of its popularity.

Takke

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Just checked a thing out 136 players online. 75 players playing in 1.2 servers.
Trollface.png
PROBLEM?

M

MurdertoDeath

CommandoBeta said:
I have seen people downpatching from 1.21 to play at this server.
You think they take the complications of "downpatching"(which means to reinstall the whole game + patches), but they wouldn't patch from 1.2 to 1.21? C'mon, let's talk on a serious level! That's just ridiculous!

CommandoBeta said:
If it would move to 1.21 it would loose much of its popularity.
Maybe you should learn to give arguments. If you learned that you should give arguments in consideration of the facts. ;)

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
MurdertoDeath said:
CommandoBeta said:
I have seen people downpatching from 1.21 to play at this server.

CommandoBeta said:
If it would move to 1.21 it would loose much of its popularity.
Maybe you should learn to give arguments. If you learned that you should give arguments in consideration of the facts. ;)

Allright. Let give some arguments. I'll start with the first and most important one:
Many people in the HELLO server never use the chat and I doubt they will read the server messages. ( I assume they dont speak English) Those people are like 50% of the people on the server.

Secondly, and most important, moving to 1.21 does not bring HELLO anything good. What more could a BFV server want other than being the nr #1 server?

Last of all, let me quote Takke:

Takke said:
Just checked a thing out 136 players online. 75 players playing in 1.2 servers.

M

MurdertoDeath

Takke said:
Just checked a thing out 136 players online. 75 players playing in 1.2 servers. PROBLEM?
Ok, let's say i believe you that you retrieved those numbers from the server browser and not from your fantasy. :lol:
I checked it out as well:

All servers with players on it: 16 servers

1.0: 2 servers with a total number of 7 players
1.2: 4 servers with a total number of 63 players
1.21: 10 servers with a total number of 77 players

Don't forget, Allmaps is currently tanking so those numbers are with tanking Allmaps. If Allmaps would go to 1.21 it would be far more than 100-110 players.

CommandoBeta said:
Allright. Let give some arguments. I'll start with the first and most important one:
Many people in the HELLO server never use the chat and I doubt they will read the server messages. ( I assume they dont speak English) Those people are like 50% of the people on the server.
If they understand they must downpatch/reinstall and if they know how to install 1.2 they will also understand how to patch to 1.21.

CommandoBeta said:
Secondly, and most important, moving to 1.21 does not bring HELLO anything good.
Fixing exploits isn't good? Getting more players isn't good? You're stuck my friend! Your arguments hit nothing!

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
What the hell is it with people and spamming memes?

Anyhow, take a look at Bf1942. Most people are playing on 1,6 even though most of the server are hacking clans. The reason? People are either too lazy or too retarded to upgrade to 1.61. In fact, Bf1942 and Bfv only ship with 1.6 and 1.2 respectively. So people will see the servers that are grayed out and just quit instead of being smart.
MurderToDeath said:
Fixing exploits isn't good? Getting more players isn't good? You're stuck my friend! Your arguments hit nothing!
1.21 barely changes any gameplay and fixes barely any exploits that seriously inhibit fair gameplay. There is no reason to up unless you wish for 24/7 Irivings unmodded or 24/7 Air combat.

Takke

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Then move the server to 1.21 then lol. 1.2 will be anyways more active than 1.21.
24ysu29.jpg

A

Anonymous

If i am correct people have asked this before, and hello said no. I cant agree with hello more. There are many reasons y not to upgrade: THere is a fake hello allmaps server on 1.2 if hello migrates than all the players will go to the FAKE server. Most players do infact play 1.2. However often, the players who do not play all the time do not bother to update it to 1.21. People are lazy, if hello moves they will not bother to update. why would they update when u have the fake hello server and sexy? Most people come here just to play the game. Most people who play on hello aslo play on other 1.2 servers, so why would they just follow HELLO's move? It simple they wont. If hello were to move they would loose all the non english speaking people, they people who dont care to update (this does include byrd btw, the people who just want to play, all players who have other servers besides hello, the people whio dont know how to update), which is most players. Only the dedicated hello players players would update, frankly your looking at quite a smalle number, and follow. And quite frankly people who play on 1.21 already have preferable server, its doubtful that they would switch to hello. Most servers fail, moving to 1.21 is essentially the same as starting a new server. Plus there is more competition there, so like i said before there will be alot less splayers players onhello server. also consider most players like to go to populated servers they would not come to the less populated hello. You have to think of it out side the box of: most people play 1.21:, which is not true, there are so many oter factors that ur not considering,, not all people are the same and do the same as you would. (Btw i have much more evedence that i could use to say why not to do this) Murdertodeath all players here who accually play on hello have 1.2 and woiuld prefer not to update, u really are fighting a loosing battle. Also urdata accually goes agaisnt what u are trying to do, 1.21 has an average of About 8 people per server while 1.2 has an aerage of about 16 people per server, your goal is to get more poepl on per (seemingly highly peopualeted) server, moving will decrease it. This is not a good idea at all, and i say:
NO!

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
You are trying to change the things I said here. When did I ever say I have seen people who cannot read English downpatch from 1.21 to 1.2?

So, knowing only a small group of people will come with HELLO to 1.21, we know that HELLO will have to completely start over with getting popularity in 1.21 ( While HELLO is already the most famous server from 1.2!)

So the only reason to move the HELLO server to 1.21 and start completely over is to fix a small exploit wich you proberbly cant even name?

Also a great point by Byrd, as soon as HELLO leaves all the players wont notice and will go to the fake server instead and not go to 1.21. Please. Moving to 1.21 makes no sence and you know it.

Back