• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Transport-Huey on Landing Zone Albany

M

MurdertoDeath

I remember a server where they had a Transport-Huey on Landing Zone Albany for US team.
It made the map more balanced. I wish Allmaps had it, too.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
Thats actually a mod that we could do, i love getting that "we were soldiers" feeling.

A

Anonymous

ehhhh... byrd dissagrees. LZA is the only map where there are no tanks or helis. It makes it fun. And it makes it so that the truly skilled do well on that map.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
But the transport cant kill anyone?, just transport US soldiers around the map, doing so might also do so that people will start getting kills with the machineguns in the hueys, thats rare

MaximumD2

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
And when your trapped on the south base its annoying.

A

Anonymous

helloclan13 said:
But the transport cant kill anyone?, just transport US soldiers around the map, doing so might also do so that people will start getting kills with the machineguns in the hueys, thats rare
-i dislike when people say that. People who know how to use the heli can rack up many kills with it(ie 1 wrench, 1 law and two guys in mg). i have seen guy with 32 kllles in the slick

M

MurdertoDeath

SgtSurfinByrd said:
helloclan13 said:
-i dislike when people say that. People who know how to use the heli can rack up many kills with it(ie 1 wrench, 1 law and two guys in mg). i have seen guy with 32 kllles in the slick

How many kills do people get with raping US main? (which is more likely to happen)
A Transport-Huey is the meekest way for VC in order to let US to get out of that situation.

O

Old Hippo

I would really like to see a Slick at Albany. Since Albany has been in heavier rotation lately, having a huey would spice things up a bit. Only problem I see is when few people are on the server, the US just needs to buzz around takin all the flags while the NVA has to walk. Plus the NVA has no sa-7 as far as i know. Is there any way you can give the NVA a little transport heli too?

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
You can, but if Tedde doesn't want to remove the spawn from it, it can give the NVA an unfair advantage over the US having 2 mobile spawns instead of 1.

MaximumD2

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Well if all usa is gonna do is get raped, might as well put a huey in it. The nva also have things called tunnels

O

Old Hippo

Could the NVA possibly get another tunnel at a different map location instead? You just need something to ballance the huey out.

M

MurdertoDeath

Don't you wonder why NVA takes all the flags right from the beginning and why most LZA rounds
end in raping US main? NVA has enough vehicles to be mobile. That's why they take all the flags right
from the beginning. They neither need an airlift to get out of a raping situation nor do they need to be
more mobile. NVA can handle that Transport-Huey without a problem. It just stops raping US main.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
The important thing for us when we mod the server is to make sure its classic bfv, so that it doesn't feel like a overwhelmed SSM server. I think that hueys on LZA would only strengthen up that classic vietnam feeling

N00BASAURUS REX

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
This seems like a mod. Mods in hello kill stability but all the other servers seem alright. THIS IS A BAD IDEA. this would also involve change something hello is reluctant to do. Nah can't have this, guys your wasting your time. If your gonna have a mod, its gotta cause problems like cedar falls tunnel wars. thumbsup0 thumbsup0 thumbsup0 thumbsup0 thumbsup0

A

Anonymous

I have played this map many times.. i find it rare the for NVA to end up raping the us main... I aalso think the map is too small 4 helis.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
A huey slick on this map is a good idea, the NVA have enough sa7, and there are no hills to hide the huey behind so the USA have to uses teamwork ( wrenches) not to crash, and it would still be balanced because the NVA has stronger apc's and tunnels.

S

Soldier

well, if tedde would put transport hueys, then they would call for hueys.
And ok, it would makes fun, but this would be only for a short time. I have not good experience with hueys at Albany (my old clan had a 1.0 server, which included on this map hueys), and you will get only raped.
But it is a good idea.

PS: If you would listen to me, you should make this map away, cuz it is boring.
It doesnt matter if with or without huey, the map albany is the boring map of all maps in BFV.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Soldier said:
And ok, it would makes fun, but this would be only for a short time. I have not good experience with hueys at Albany (my old clan had a 1.0 server, which included on this map hueys), and you will get only raped.
But it is a good idea.

It doesnt matter if with or without huey, the map albany is the boring map of all maps in BFV.

We dont mean putting in normal hueys, but huey slicks : )

S

Soldier

CommandoBeta said:
Soldier said:
But it is a good idea.

We dont mean putting in normal hueys, but huey slicks : )

i know, i only mentioned it

M

MurdertoDeath

Soldier said:
You don't have to strengthen things, just because you don't like this map. It's good to see that the admin
doesn't make hasty decisions and that he involves the players to improve things. Nobody here wants armed
Hueys on LZA. The Transport-Huey is a serious improvement to talk about.

Back