• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Is there a way to create a server ?

Makarov

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
I would like to know if there is any way to create a server or rent it? And if possible, what do I have to do?

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
You can rent from gameservers.com which is what most servers do. Otherwise you can run a dedicated server from a windows PC but you probably need to open some ports in your router and you won’t be able to play from the same PC that’s hosting the server. It would need to be a spare computer that is just dedicated to hosting your game server.

Makarov

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
You can rent from gameservers.com which is what most servers do. Otherwise you can run a dedicated server from a windows PC but you probably need to open some ports in your router and you won’t be able to play from the same PC that’s hosting the server. It would need to be a spare computer that is just dedicated to hosting your game server.
i was looking in game servers but battlefield vietnamn
does not appear in the games list

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Butcher

Forum Newbie
BF1942 DESERT COMBAT ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
If you're adventurous, or technically-savvy, there's also LinuxGSM which you could run on almost anything from anywhere.

Last edited:

sideos385

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Just an FYI for Linux users:

I am able to run the dedicated server (via wine) and also run the game and connect to it! Router port forwarding is not too difficult if your router and ISP support it. I plan on testing it sometime soon.

One note is that regardless of whether or not I put it as local or internet I have to add the server via internet in game so I am not sure what that option does. I assumed it would broadcast on lan, but could just be a Linux thing.

Butcher

Forum Newbie
BF1942 DESERT COMBAT ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
We should add, this is not 2004. Exposing your IP through any ports on the open internet in 2024 exposes you to a host of bots crawling for vectors of attack, indiscriminately. This is why SysOps and SecOps are fields of expertise and careers; managing security is necessary. The benefit of LinuxGSM is that it's easy to run and tear down. You can run servers for many games on the cheapest of VPS'. If it get's DoS'd, you just improve firewalls. If it get's hacked, you tear it down and rebuild in 2 minutes.

If running the server locally, at the very least use a reverse-proxy and VPN.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Just an FYI for Linux users:

I am able to run the dedicated server (via wine) and also run the game and connect to it! Router port forwarding is not too difficult if your router and ISP support it. I plan on testing it sometime soon.

One note is that regardless of whether or not I put it as local or internet I have to add the server via internet in game so I am not sure what that option does. I assumed it would broadcast on lan, but could just be a Linux thing.
You just need to update the game spy ip in server settings to the new ip we use for openspy and then the internet server should show in the game server list

Back