• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

the overheating and unnecessary work of your PC and mine...

Get-Lucky

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
You see, bfV has a serious problem, and that is that you cannot limit the fps, you will realize when displaying the fps with commands, that the game will try to get everything possible out of your PC, which can cause unnecessary work, heating and long-term damage to your PC, so I ask: has anyone found a way to limit them? My PC just has its thermal paste and is well ventilated, but damn, my hand burns when touching the tower of my PC after 1 hour of playing bfv

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
You see, bfV has a serious problem, and that is that you cannot limit the fps, you will realize when displaying the fps with commands, that the game will try to get everything possible out of your PC, which can cause unnecessary work, heating and long-term damage to your PC, so I ask: has anyone found a way to limit them? My PC just has its thermal paste and is well ventilated, but damn, my hand burns when touching the tower of my PC after 1 hour of playing bfv
Does it get this hot with other games or just BFV?

One way you can limit FPS is by using your graphics cards software.

Catylist Controls or Nvidia Control panel.

In Nvidia Control panel I believe you can select a frame limit on specific games by pointing the program to the correct file directory or .exe file and capping the FPS at your choice like 80 or 150 or 60 or whatever you want.

Maybe try this and let us know?

I don’t do this personally my main PC will run 400fps or so with BFV but I haven’t had any hardware issues so it’s possible it could be your PC. What are your specs?

Regards, Shaun.

Back