• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

How did you find out about Battlefield Vietnam and what was your feeling when you played it for the first time? (If you want you can make it detailed)

Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
My 2003 Counter Strike, Team Fortress, and Day of Defeat friend liquidmerc informed me in 2005 about a game that is amazing (Battlefield Vietnam). I bought the game which came with three discs. I am still playing ever since. I was late by 1 year but just in time with the second update.

Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
i was always interested in history. since my childhood, i've been researching vietnam war. i started with call of duty 2 to play fps games which made me very excited and encouraged to play another historical-fps games. as far as i remember it was 2014 and i download battlefield vietnam, joined the server and i fell in love with this game. everything was so perfect to me. then, i participated in teamspeak 3 servers, i was not able to speak english even if i can understand. battlefield vietnam improved my english as well, lol :D everyone was speaking on teamspeak 3 then i decided to speak, then i did :D now i'm studying english language teaching hahaha

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I made the mistake of walking into a CompUSA store in 2004. A sales agent approached me and in discussing computers, he told me about this new game that had come out. So I bought it.

I remember playing the game and enjoying it. I remember early on a teammate throwing a nade in front of the plane I had gotten into and was about to take off. He TKed me as he wanted the plane. I didn't know, at the time, that you could hold key combinations to spawn into the aircraft. Played it for years then took a break for years then played for years. Currently on a break. Perhaps for good.

Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
For my penny,

1700395364944.png

I've been playing since the start of 2015. My dad bought the game for me and I had it for some time already. I was 17 at the time (as seen in my then name). It was the Redux edition (still have my disks in pristine nick!)

I really enjoyed single player, but I looked around to see if a community was still alive. Found this one and in a blink of an eye it's been 8 years that I've been here.

8 Years (going on 9 so let's say 9) looking after this legacy. 9 Years of hearing people tell me the game will die, 9 years enduring negativity. Oh, how I would pay to see these peoples faces in person, when they realized BFV was not going anywhere.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
For me it was 2004, was at my local shopping mall and walked into a EB Games store…Paid $59.99 CAD for Battlefield Vietnam 1.0 with the triple plastic jewel case inside a brochure style cardboard box. Been playing off and on since and I will never stop 🫡

Local time
Reaction score
For my penny,

View attachment 3211

I've been playing since the start of 2015. My dad bought the game for me and I had it for some time already. I was 17 at the time (as seen in my then name). It was the Redux edition (still have my disks in pristine nick!)

I really enjoyed single player, but I looked around to see if a community was still alive. Found this one and in a blink of an eye it's been 8 years that I've been here.

8 Years (going on 9 so let's say 9) looking after this legacy. 9 Years of hearing people tell me the game will die, 9 years enduring negativity. Oh, how I would pay to see these peoples faces in person, when they realized BFV was not going anywhere.
True, this game, although at first glance it seems dead to people who don't know this game, but within it there was a huge story and there is still story ahead. I don't regret finding this game and our community

Back