• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Suggestions for our next Battlefield Vietnam event!

Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hello everyone!

We'd like some fresh ideas for our next Battlefield Vietnam event. Please feel free to drop your suggestions in a response to this thread and users can vote on them individually.

Please note;
If you'd like to suggest the use of a Mods or Maps (that require additional download) please ensure they meet the following criteria:

1) The suggested modification or map(s) are readily available and easy to install for users.
2) The suggested modification or map(s) are intended for multiplayer and are not expected to cause any problems.
I request these two criteria to be met, because 95% of our modified events I was left helping players join and left scratching my head a lot. It was never fun for me - putting that straight on the table.

Additionally, if it is a modified event, it may be placed on our event server. As I always strictly stated, we give our players the choice to either play on a modified event server or play on our main server. If the suggested event contains SSM maps (these don't require additional download) then we can host it on our main server. :)

Thank you!

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
I love BFV PoE mod too and I am okay for PoE for next event too. But I don't want BFV Battlegroup-1942 (BG 42) Mod to be forgotten :)

I played it for the first time last year at an HELLO Battlegroup Redux event and it was amazing. This mod is a slight improvement from World War 2 and World War 2 Extended mods with new maps, weapons, vehicles, Ships, and aircraft.

WW2 and WW2X are legendary mods but BG-42 has it's own charm.

There is a dedicated server for PoE (Europe BFV Server) but there is no dedicated server for BG-42. So an event would reignite interest in that almost forgotten mod. We had a huge turnout for the BG42 event if I remember correctly.

I like your idea of rotation. This takes the guess work out and allows all mods to be played and remembered :cool:

EoD is a BFV mod. I don't think we ever had an event for EoD. I guess that should be reason enough for the next EoD event. I am in for any mod you guys pick. I have to admit that I have never played EoD mod yet but only heard great reviews about it.

I have never heard of BG 42 so I will need to look it up! Also, did not realize there was a POE server already. Definitely can take a backseat to the other mods like BG 42 and EOD. After how successful DICE city event was, I think we will have great turnouts of similarly planned events on the server.

And yes LTShaun, I went and refreshed my memory on EOD. Sheesh, huge maps for sure, but the game is beautiful. Its basically a very polished BFV. I played that for hours and hours back in the day with other TKO members. Would love to see a day event dedicated to it...if it can even still be downloaded and installed. Im old and out of the loop, lol.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I have never heard of BG 42 so I will need to look it up! Also, did not realize there was a POE server already. Definitely can take a backseat to the other mods like BG 42 and EOD. After how successful DICE city event was, I think we will have great turnouts of similarly planned events on the server.

And yes LTShaun, I went and refreshed my memory on EOD. Sheesh, huge maps for sure, but the game is beautiful. Its basically a very polished BFV. I played that for hours and hours back in the day with other TKO members. Would love to see a day event dedicated to it...if it can even still be downloaded and installed. Im old and out of the loop, lol.
Available here my friend :) : https://www.moddb.com/mods/eve-of-destruction/downloads

Let me know if you need help technically.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
So I got EOD going. I forgot what an AWESOME Mod this is. Its like BFV but better. My vote is 100% this for the next event. Here are some varied screenshots of the maps:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I just checked out EoD for the first time on the TKO server. Very impressive! While PoE has modern weapons, aircraft, and vehicles; EoD is still based on the Vietnam era. Huge improvements in vehicles, aircraft and weapons. Hello hasn't had an event for this mod yet. Thanks for the info, screenshots, and links @TKO_Flight447 and @LTShaun

View: https://youtu.be/fvO8tHXQQ7I

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Looks very promising for an event. Big maps, but I think the admins could get together beforehand and possibly remove some of the larger maps to keep it more enticing and keep the games flowing at a good pace.
Big maps are fine if we get a good turnout. In Dice City event we had players in every corner of big maps. It was incredible! But if the turnout is small then we can manually map vote for smaller maps. Big maps are needed for aircraft, especially fighter jets, which are amazing in this mod. I can already imagine our regular pilots dogfighting in the event 😀

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Yes that is also required after 0.16, I will set the TKO server to EOD 0.20 by this weekend so people can try it out.
Can you run EoD on Coop mode on the TKO server like you were running the WW2 Extended Mod? At least till the weekend?

Goemon

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
Great to set up a an EoD event, we did it a few years ago and there should be a my feedback post on every map played.

We can mix big maps with vehicles and small map for infantry, they are both fun?

A

Algam

I just checked out EoD for the first time on the TKO server. Very impressive! While PoE has modern weapons, aircraft, and vehicles; EoD is still based on the Vietnam era. Huge improvements in vehicles, aircraft and weapons. Hello hasn't had an event for this mod yet. Thanks for the info, screenshots, and links @TKO_Flight447 and @LTShaun

View: https://youtu.be/fvO8tHXQQ7I

la musica del menu de ese Mod es esta:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boaACyytues

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Back