• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Suggestions for our next Battlefield Vietnam event!

Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hello everyone!

We'd like some fresh ideas for our next Battlefield Vietnam event. Please feel free to drop your suggestions in a response to this thread and users can vote on them individually.

Please note;
If you'd like to suggest the use of a Mods or Maps (that require additional download) please ensure they meet the following criteria:

1) The suggested modification or map(s) are readily available and easy to install for users.
2) The suggested modification or map(s) are intended for multiplayer and are not expected to cause any problems.
I request these two criteria to be met, because 95% of our modified events I was left helping players join and left scratching my head a lot. It was never fun for me - putting that straight on the table.

Additionally, if it is a modified event, it may be placed on our event server. As I always strictly stated, we give our players the choice to either play on a modified event server or play on our main server. If the suggested event contains SSM maps (these don't require additional download) then we can host it on our main server. :)

Thank you!

A

Algam

Hello IceStaker, I would like you to do an iron sights mod event, it is a mod where you have the iron sights of the original bf :v (in case you don't know how to download it, contact me and I will make a tutorial about it). have a nice day.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Dice City? I have 4 of the 6 maps working on multiplayer. SWAT vs Gangsters, custom vehicles, choppers, planes, boats, music... it could be fun??

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Are any of Pips ssm maps available? If so, a modded event would be really cool.
Those close quarters combat mods, with knives and pistols were amazing!
Regrettably, no.

However @LTShaun 's suggestion of Dice City may in fact tease one's interest in a type of cops 'n robbers feel if you fancy it. ;)

REMINDER;
Vote on the right-hand side of these posts! Upvote or downvote!

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
Modded maps on the main server would be a great time and easy for everyone to join. If additional modded maps have to be downloaded and played on a different server, historically (going back years now) it substantially cuts the potential players that would have played. In TKO, almost all our maps were modded to some extent (varying from minor quality of life changes to totally changed base maps) on the main server, and did not require anyone to download maps. I never got into modding myself, so I can't speak to the level of which the guys in the clan were modding the maps, but everyone could play them and it was usually the most active USA server 13-15 years ago.

Some of the amazing maps included an all tunnel Cedar Falls, City Only Fall of Saigon (no vehicles), Reclaiming Hue with a few choppers to get out of the main and added vehicles on most all maps, etc.

Grayscull

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I want an Iceskating mod!

No, just kidding.

What about a mix of maps
Like one round Racing map, then one normal one and then one knifing one
Not so much Racing since it takes a long time or we just can wait till all have finished and then move to the next map.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Thus far @LTShaun 's suggestion is top voted;

To all our forum viewers, please vote on the right hand side. Upvote or downvote. We'll organize which is decided for the middle or end of next month.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Thus far @LTShaun 's suggestion is top voted;

To all our forum viewers, please vote on the right hand side. Upvote or downvote. We'll organize which is decided for the middle or end of next month.

For testing purposes I've installed the Linux version of the mod on my server and all 5 original maps from Dice City 0.98 seem to be working!!!

1682856804008.png

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
At the moment seems that @LTShaun 's suggestion is definitely going to be our month end event!

Stay tuned for all the details in an announcement soon!

In the meantime​

Please do keep suggestion ideas here, we'll keep this thread open!

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I’m down for POE somewhere in the rotation!
I love BFV PoE mod too and I am okay for PoE for next event too. But I don't want BFV Battlegroup-1942 (BG 42) Mod to be forgotten :)

I played it for the first time last year at an HELLO Battlegroup Redux event and it was amazing. This mod is a slight improvement from World War 2 and World War 2 Extended mods with new maps, weapons, vehicles, Ships, and aircraft.

WW2 and WW2X are legendary mods but BG-42 has it's own charm.

There is a dedicated server for PoE (Europe BFV Server) but there is no dedicated server for BG-42. So an event would reignite interest in that almost forgotten mod. We had a huge turnout for the BG42 event if I remember correctly.
somewhere in the rotation!
I like your idea of rotation. This takes the guess work out and allows all mods to be played and remembered :cool:
Do you guys remember EOD? That was extremely fun. I can’t remember if it was for BFV or 1942
EoD is a BFV mod. I don't think we ever had an event for EoD. I guess that should be reason enough for the next EoD event. I am in for any mod you guys pick. I have to admit that I have never played EoD mod yet but only heard great reviews about it.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
EOD for BFV is quite good but most maps are massive. Lots of great aircraft and choppers added though as well as tanks, WW2X would be quite fun with 20+ as well. We already know the maps of 1942 but I find they are very enjoyable with the BFV engine it’s definitely an enhanced WW2 experience :)

Back