• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Further explanation on my actual inactivity...

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to make this post so you all know I haven't upped and left.

Some of you may know, but for the rest who don't...

My country South Africa has been experiencing "load shedding" for a good amount of years now. Where it has been on and off but not excessively continuous. However, since April onwards last year, it became increasingly worse. Load shedding is where our electricity supplier (Eskom) intentionally implements rolling blackouts according to a somewhat unreliable schedule based on "stages". We've been teetering between stage 2 & 4 which basically means we sit without power for 6hrs a day divided into three timeslots.

These timeslots are what stuff me up. Most of the time, it happens early morning, midday and evening to late evening with these slots. As a result, when I get home I have other priorities to take care of first and when I can sit down at the pc, I have very little time left to get anything done before I have no power. Obviously I can't sit awake into the early hours of the morning on weekdays because...well I work.

Recently, we've been more on stage 4 and as I type this we are at stage 5. Stage 5 / 6 is where we have no power for 10hrs a day divided into two 4hr slots and one 2hr slot. It does depend on what they feel like doing but that is generally what we put up with.

I can explain until I'm blue in the face about why this is happening in my country but it's honestly not worth the type work. However in a very basic nutshell it comes down to poor management, corruption, infrastructure abuse, illegal connections and no maintenance. Please don't ask how all that works - especially the no maintenance part - because even I can't understand it.

Because of where we stay currently, generators and solar are not an option. It is on the cards but not here right now...

I do my best to catch up over weekends when I'm not constrained by the need to sleep. ? But I'm typing this specifically to addresses...questions regarding my inactivity that I've seen in the game chat and also to let everyone know where I stand.

On a personal note, I've began training (gym) again after finally finding a wonderful training partner in a power lifter, so this also means my evenings are more spent at the gym than in front of the pc...at the rate I'm going I may compete eventually too. :D

Fret not though, for even though I may be around so little, I'm still quite up to date and my fellow Leaders in Heilig & Bang - along with our trusted staff - ensure that HelloClan is in really good hands.

As always, if anyone wants to suggest something, the doors are open and this can be done either on the forum in the relevant suggestions section or using the contact us option in the tickets (https://forum.helloclan.eu/support).

Regards,
Ice

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
In the movie Soylent Green Charlton Heston rode a bicycle generator in his apartment to have power maybe you can find one like it on Craigs List or Ebay? When New York has a power outage 9 months later there are more than the usual number of babies being born.

Sounds apocalyptic Ice and zero fun. Hang tuff. I'd say it can't last forever but I do not know much about S.A.

Last edited:

LawsomeGunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Having no power sucks! Do they have any solar, wind, or generators of sorts over there? We've had enough wind the past 5 years here to power our state for 10 years :). I hope the power issues get better for you soon! We need you back in the game so we can Law you again :) !

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Having no power sucks! Do they have any solar, wind, or generators of sorts over there? We've had enough wind the past 5 years here to power our state for 10 years :). I hope the power issues get better for you soon! We need you back in the game so we can Law you again :) !
I'm thinking because of the civil unrest in Sount Africa turning on a generator would only draw undue attention. Remember in Dancing with Wolves where the Plains Indians took out a Trader for lighting a fire on the prairie during the middle of the day? They were some distance away and said, "Who is putting up that line of smoke?" They investigated then they tormented, killed, and robbed the Trader.

Is it still robbery if you kill the person before taking their stuff? asking for a friend.

Back