• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] WW2 Event

Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Happy New Year!​

Let's kick it off with a rerun of an older event in early celebration of Battlefield Vietnam's upcoming birthday where it turns 19 years old!

We're going to be heading over to our event server (which is currently online and running the WW2 rotation) for this event and it does require that you have the WW2 mod installed! If you don't have it, don't fret, it's a relatively easy install and I'll be on standby to assist with anyone that needs help.

Installation:​

For those of you who have a normal game that was installed from a disk (or one of those links surfing the net) you have a "clean installation" so to speak. So if it did not come with the WW2 mod, your installation is extremely straightforward. Grab the mod from ModDB here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/bfv-world-war-2 extract it and run the installer!
The above ModDB link generated corrupt data issues. Please use the link below or the link in LTShaun's post further down.

For those of you who did a drop in install of the game (i.e. you have copied game files that weren't installed the conventional way), to get the mod working you need to download the similar "non-installer" version. You can grab that here.

Once downloaded you need to extract it, copy the folder "BFV_WW2Mod", head over to your Battlefield Vietnam installation and paste it inside the "Mods" folder.

IMPORTANT:
Now, for either case you will need to make a separate shortcut anew for the mod otherwise you will be asked to insert a CD when trying to run it. To do so, simply follow the guide here on Shortcut & Editing: https://forum.helloclan.eu/resources/1/ | Bear in mind that you will use the name of the mod, in this case it will be +game BFV_WW2Mod

That's all there is to it, if you have any hassle please get in touch here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/support

Please note;
I myself seem to have trouble running the mod and I get "Mod.dll" issue. I've placed this as a hassle with Windows 11. However, I know it runs fine on Windows 10 and under. If I manage a fix for Windows 11, I will post it. But I believe I'm one of a rare few that run the game on Win 11. It also can just be my PC hating me. Just putting this out here if anyone else on Windows 11 experience a similar hassle. EDIT: It seems to be just me. :D

HELLO_1.png

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
@IceSkater is this WW2 mod or WW2 Extended mod event? WW2 has only a handful of maps. WW2 Extended has much more, the same maps as 1942.
Original WW2 mod for now. We'll visit the extended mod later on. :)

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I don't see server in Gametracker. Is anyone playing?
Nobody yet Al, the server is available on the in game browser as long as you are using openspy.

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
seems like some ppl have issues joining, not me, I have Redux

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
I'm talking in voice to AlkatrasUA#0508 in Discord, he mentioned that he could not use the ModDB "installer" version, because that exe installer can not detect his game. So he had to use the zipped "no installer" version: he modified the shortcut, he can play singleplayer, but when he tries to join the server he gets corrupt data error.

IMG_2791.jpg

I've linked him @LuccaWulf 's repack that was very helpful to me to install the game, and it comes with WW2 mod (it's tricky to get it right, but if you follow the updated Readme that I wrote, it should work). He will try to download it but it takes 1 hour from MediaFire sadly.

Finally he mentioned that - despite having roles - he doesn't see the #affiliate-events channel!
image.png

edit: oh the thread updated now, I saw the reply, linked him the new download
Best practice though, to use ZIP so it's easier to extract with any software (as opposed to RAR which needs specific softwares).

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I'm terribly sorry to everyone who had encountered issues;

This event was a bit plagued by it. Although my own files have worked in three cases when I was DM'ed, it seems each install reacted rather differently. I myself cannot play the mod still despite throwing all I know about BFV which is why I was absent tonight.

If anyone is still having issues, please click on the link in my signature to send me an email or DM here on the site and I will assist you. We will run the event till tomorrow night, allowing me time to help out those who are still having issues.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I'm terribly sorry to everyone who had encountered issues;

This event was a bit plagued by it. Although my own files have worked in three cases when I was DM'ed, it seems each install reacted rather differently. I myself cannot play the mod still despite throwing all I know about BFV which is why I was absent tonight.

If anyone is still having issues, please click on the link in my signature to send me an email or DM here on the site and I will assist you. We will run the event till tomorrow night, allowing me time to help out those who are still having issues.
We hit 8 players for Iwo Jima it was fun :) Sorry to all who couldn't join, I am happy to assist over this weekend as well.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
We hit 8 players for Iwo Jima it was fun :) Sorry to all who couldn't join, I am happy to assist over this weekend as well.
I'm pleased that those that were able to join had fun. We actually had players across all our servers last night. ? So, despite the hardships, I count this as a win and put it down to experience. We also peaked on our Allmaps server with 30 players (could have been more, refreshing wasn't going well) too!

Jum_P

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
Too late, but still relevant for those who want to use the mod installer with a copied game. The original BFV installer creates certain keys in the registry, using which the mod installer knows that the game is installed and where it is installed. Naturally, if the game is copied, then this information will not be in the registry, and the mod installer will not see your copy. But these keys can be added to the registry manually and the mod installer will work. Add this text at new txt file, replace path (red text) and version (green text) with your own, if you need, save with *.reg extension, and open it to add to your registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam]
"LANGUAGE"="English"
"LANGUAGEID"=dword:00000009
"GAMEDIR"="C:\\Program Files\\Battlefield Vietnam\\"
"SRCDIR"="H:\\"
"SRCDISK"="H:"
"INSTALLEDVERSION"="1.21.001"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam(TM)]

After installation, I had problems in order to connect to the server, but not "Corrupt data", but "Failed to connect to server". Because I installed this mod more than 5 years ago, then I don’t remember how I managed to solve it, if I’m not mistaken, the problem was in the firewall settings, but I’m not sure. Also, most likely you will have to enter the CD-key again.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Too late, but still relevant for those who want to use the mod installer with a copied game. The original BFV installer creates certain keys in the registry, using which the mod installer knows that the game is installed and where it is installed. Naturally, if the game is copied, then this information will not be in the registry, and the mod installer will not see your copy. But these keys can be added to the registry manually and the mod installer will work. Add this text at new txt file, replace path (red text) and version (green text) with your own, if you need, save with *.reg extension, and open it to add to your registry.

After installation, I had problems in order to connect to the server, but not "Corrupt data", but "Failed to connect to server". Because I installed this mod more than 5 years ago, then I don’t remember how I managed to solve it, if I’m not mistaken, the problem was in the firewall settings, but I’m not sure. Also, most likely you will have to enter the CD-key again.
Thanks for the instruction. I will try it out.

FYI: There were two servers running WW2 Mod yesterday. HELLO's WW2 Event server was giving me "Corrupt Data" error. But when I tried to join the other WW2 Mod server, I got "Failed to connect to server" error. I think the problem is with the Mod's file running on the server, not the client file that we are running, OR perhaps both.

Back