• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

What type of controllers do you use for aircraft in 1942 DC?

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Hi All,

I have been on 1942 DC for a good while and I am still having ***GREAT*** difficulty flying the helos and other air craft. Don't get me wrong, I can get around, but aiming the fixed missiles and cannons is just hit and mostly miss for me. It is all I can do to put the reticle on the target. As a comparison I don't have near this problem in BFV. I feel I am pretty good in that game, but 1942 DC is just kicking my butt, not to mention all those that constantly shoot me down, lol.

In BFV, I fly exclusively with my keyboard. I try to do the same in 1942. I hate mouse flying, seems unnatural to me, but I have tried it. I have a high resolution mouse set on about 2400 DPI also. Still everything I fly in 1942 seems to over react (I would call it over steer in a wheeled vehicle such as the desert patrol buggy). I have turned down the mouse sensitivity in the settings on all tabs to about 10% of the range to slow my turning and it has helped some.

Would anyone who seems to have conquered this issue mind telling me what you are doing to over come it? Is it the hardware or some software setting I am not finding in the options? Any suggestions appreciated, other than "stay on the ground", ?.

Thanks for your help,

--DaddyO

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
It's the Battlefield 2 unforgivingness manifesting itself in its earliest stages of development. ?

Shrinkage

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
i use a joystick with programmable buttons to fly. works pretty well and not expensive. Logitech extreme 3D pro $30-$35 on amazon and best buy depending on where you are located.

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
i use a joystick with programmable buttons to fly. works pretty well and not expensive. Logitech extreme 3D pro $30-$35 on amazon and best buy depending on where you are located.
Thanks for the info. I haven't used a joystick in ages.... Sounds like a possible solution.

I have to agree with @LTShaun, I am OK with fixed wing, but the rotary wing is just almost a waste of time for me. I always end up upside down and/or in a death spiral with no way out. As far as killing anything, it is a total crap shoot. o_O?

Back