• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

-[HELLO]- Desert Combat Christmas Update!!

BangBangOw

Forum Newbie
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
BF1942 DESERT COMBAT ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Hello all!

I hope this time of year is starting to fill in with joy and good times spent with family and friends. I've been working on some updates for the Desert Combat server in the last few weeks and wanted to share with you all the plan going forward! There are some changes, so to stay up to date see below!

1. Basic Improvements to Maps.
  • Glitch prevention on maps such as Berlin and Nas.
  • Fixed some vehicle spawn errors.
  • Berlin CTF now has a Tanker truck spawn in the middle of the map.
2. New Mods Created for Use in the Server.
  • El Alamein Day 2 CQ - Helo based map with turbo jeeps and small helos. Also includes fast spitfire/bf109.
  • Al Khafji Docks CTF - CTF version is now complete. Has tanker trucks, forklifts, and kettenkrads. Most importantly there are jump pads on the map that throw your soldier into the air, allows for a twist to our normal gameplay. This map will not be in the maplist/rotation. However, at admin discretion, we can play around with this one.
  • Wake CTF - This was implemented into the server a few weeks ago, but it is new, nonetheless. Has spawn able boats, para spawns. Fun CTF map to mix it up.
3. Changes to the Maplist and Rotation.
  • Going forward the maplist will be only 15 maps long.
  • 5 "Essential Maps" - Berlin CTF, El Alamein CTF, Lostvillage CTF, Al Nas CTF, and Bocage Day 2 CTF
  • 5 Conquest/AI maps - Oil Fields CQ, Inshallah Valley CQ, No Fly Zone CQ, Sea Riggs CQ, and Desert Shield CQ
  • 5 "Others" - Guadalcanal CQ, Coastal Hammer CTF, Philippines CTF, Dustbowl CTF, Market Garden CTF
THESE MAPS WILL BE CHANGING WEEKLY!!! READ BELOW FOR IMPORTANT MAPLIST INFORMATION!!!

4. Protocol for the Rotation Going Forward.

The map list will be changing weekly. The 10 maps that are not the "essentials" will be getting swapped out every week for other mods in the same category as them. The only maps not subject to this "swap" are our fan favorite maps listed in the "Essentials" category. I think this will keep up the variety on the server, while preserving our time-tested fan favorite maps. Don't like the 10 extra maps this week? Wait until next week and 10 new ones will be in the server. Now there will be overlap, as we don't have 400 mods at our disposal. However, it will be varied!

Also, every few days (this might change depending on my schedule) ... I will be shuffling the order of the 15 maps. Same 15 maps for the week, but the rotation shifts every day, or every few days. There will be variation throughout the week.

5. Other Changes.
  • Map vote percentage increased ever so slightly.
  • Free cam is now disabled. When you die in game it will show your dead body from above, not allowing you to see the whole map in free cam mode like before. This helps prevent those skilled free cam users from finding targets while they are ... dead!
I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday season! Hopefully with some -[HELLO]- Desert Combat festivities mixed in!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

BangBangOw - Hello Clan Leadership

Back