• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

To anyone experiencing game crashes;

Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
@Crash showed me something for BF1942 which in theory may work fine for BFV as well.

In the case of having your game crash when changing maps or when pressing ESC, there seems to be a fix made.

Unfortunately, I do not have the problem nor do I seem to be able to re-create it. So if anyone is willing to try this out, please let me know what your findings are!

The fix itself, as posted by ABAS on Team-SiMPLE's forums:
Download below file

https://mega.nz/file/D9NiRLDS#-6ZAa2_Aj … 4yIdX1WQKc

extract them into your Battlefield directory where the main exe file exists

set your game to RUN as admin (it wouldnt work without it)

your crash should be fixed now,

tested it on Win10 and Win11 and worked fine on both
Link to original post:

Please note that this was intended for BF1942, but I strongly believe it should work for BFV as well.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
I installed this in my BFV folder and I am on windows 7 and this fix kind of works. Now instead of crash and restart game every map change it actually changes maps twice flawlessly as if I was on windows xp but then for the 3rd map change it crashes so I guess you could say it improved my experience somewhat ;)

Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I installed this in my BFV folder and I am on windows 7 and this fix kind of works. Now instead of crash and restart game every map change it actually changes maps twice flawlessly as if I was on windows xp but then for the 3rd map change it crashes so I guess you could say it improved my experience somewhat ;)
Bill Gates should give you an award for sticking to Windows 7 for so long ?

Back