• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] Operation Judgement Day Event

Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

It's happening again!​

And in case the video wasn't clear enough...

Judgement.png

I may have gotten a little carried away...

Anyway, I hope those of us that wanted to play against / with the bots last time round can enjoy a full event this time!​

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Why not? Is there a problem Pipiska?

This event is happening on our event server, so this does not disrupt the main server for our players that enjoy playing on the server they know. No-one is obligated to join the event server for this event. So I do not see a problem. ?‍♂️

It is your choice if you want to play it or not. The way I always want our servers to come across - a choice to play what one likes. If one does not like this event, that is fine and it's one's personal feeling. But there are others who may want to play in it.

There will always be other events that would perhaps be more suitable. :) Not every event will be a smash hit.

Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Why not? Is there a problem Pipiska?

This event is happening on our event server, so this does not disrupt the main server for our players that enjoy playing on the server they know. No-one is obligated to join the event server for this event. So I do not see a problem. ?‍♂️

It is your choice if you want to play it or not. The way I always want our servers to come across - a choice to play what one likes. If one does not like this event, that is fine and it's one's personal feeling. But there are others who may want to play in it.

There will always be other events that would perhaps be more suitable. :) Not every event will be a smash hit.
I have seen players on main server completely unaware that there is an event going on another server. Even after giving them IP number they couldn't join. Many of them don't use Gametracker nor in game server list (still on Gamespy). They just come to main server, see that there are very few there, and leave.

There are only a handful of outspoke complainers, I think I saw about 4 people with negative comments for SSM. Everyone else either played along or enjoyed them. When events happen on event servers, only a few people join. They are those who visit this forum. Many of regular players don't visit this forum on a weekly basis.

And they do not read grey server announcement messages. Even I miss them sometimes.

I say put a few Spectator players on the main server during event with these player names:
Bot 1 or player 1: HELLO EVENT ON EVENT SERVER NOW
Bot 2 or player 2: JOIN 158.69.118.94:15568 FOR EVENT SERVER

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Just for what it's worth, the current announcements in-game only contain the notice for the event and the notice about the random maps. I've cleared everything else out to make it even easier to see what we have to say.

:)

I look forward to those who will be joining us at this event and I hope that it is enjoyed.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Was this a another flop event because it was not on the main server? I see 2-4 players showed up.
Things happen. :)

1664051020158.png

WITH:
Three yellow admin announcements when our main server was getting busy.

WITH:
In-game announcements in the main server that ONLY mention the map change and the event. Everything else has been removed.

WITH:
A ping on Discord PLUS Discord's built in reminder for when someone RSVP's to an event and thus they get a reminder as well.

As I said, not everyone's going to like every event. It's fine...there will be others. As you can see 20 RSVP'd to the event via Discord, obviously that didn't happen.

I'll let another Leader handle the next event. :)

Local time
Reaction score
Many people did not try this event, because they didn't want to fight against bots. But it was fun, we were 5 players and really had fun! I'm sure, if people would have joined instead of critizing the event from the beginning on, many of them would also have had fun.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Many people did not try this event, because they didn't want to fight against bots. But it was fun, we were 5 players and really had fun! I'm sure, if people would have joined instead of critizing the event from the beginning on, many of them would also have had fun.
I usually join events an hour or two later than start time. Even after an hour or two, most events run strong for many hours and sometimes the entire day. When I got a chance to join this event, it was empty. I agree that I would have also had fun if you guys would have stuck around a little longer. I don't mean to critize but only pointed out that since you guys are not doing events on the main server anymore, the turnout has dropped significantly.

Majority of the regular BFV players are not on Discord or Facebook or even this forum. BF1942 players maybe, but not as many BFV players.

There is s a difference between suggestion and critisism. I made valid points and my prediction was correct. Of course you guys are not going to admit that I was right. I wanted this event to succeed but I knew that it wont because its on another server that most players can't even see.

Yesterday T (Toxic) said that his BFV game server menu only displays Hello's main server. I informed him that he needs to install the new Gamespy-alternative patch to see other servers. He said he is not computer savvy enough to do that and Ice installed the game remotely for him some time ago. He is just one example of many regular players who have no idea that other servers exist. They just come to main server because that is the only server they can see.

Silvia had similar problems with BFV. She asked for help in installing mods, but since she didn't trust anyone to do it remotely, she gave up. I am sure that her PC has broken down and now she is having difficulty in re-installing BFV and it's versions, patches, and fix.

Anyways, thank you admins for the effort and time that went into this event.

Local time
Reaction score
The event lasted for around 2.5 hours.

I don't mean to critize but only pointed out that since you guys are not doing events on the main server anymore, the turnout has dropped significantly.
Most of our events take place on the main server, and most of the events on the event-server went well. This time, people didn't want to participate.

Last time the "Return of the bots"-event was organized by Ice, it was cancelled because when the bots were activated on the Allmaps-server at Friday, people were complaining a lot. And also this time: Even though people were playing on the allmaps-server as usual (so they were not affected by the event), they were complaining about the "bot-event" on the event server. Over and over again.

So most people knew about the event. Ice could not organize it on the main server - the reaction would have been as bad as in 2021. So the only chance was on the event-server.

And some events are going down well, some others don't. It's just how it is ;-)

Silvia is welcome to contact any of us - always. I never received a message from her. I could help her with the "Battlefield Vietnam Resources", where all of our knowledge is collected.

P.S.: Any kind of event-ideas are welcome. Ice had many event-ideas in the past:
- Operation Urban Assault (including SSM-Maps from the Mission-Possible server)
- Point of Existance Mod
- Operation Air Defence
- Battlegroup 42
- Fill the server
- Operation Remembrance
- Racing Event

Just to name those in the year 2022...
So if there are new ideas, there are very welcome!

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Silvia is welcome to contact any of us - always. I never received a message from her. I could help her with the "Battlefield Vietnam Resources", where all of our knowledge is collected.
Silvia is entirely missing the action since before the beginning of summer. There were some traggic wildfires in Spain. There are rumors that she was effected. I hope she is okay.

Back