• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Stats are back!

I bet you didn't see that coming...​

The statistics are back! Not only are they back, they're actually better than ever! And they're separated!

For our Battlefield Vietnam players, head over here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/stats

For our Battlefield 1942 players, head over here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/bf1942/stats
Both Vanilla and DC server stats are displayed - note the server names!

Both servers main pages and the "Our Games" tab have been updated with links to the respective stat pages!

How did this happen?​

For those that are perhaps interested in the story...it goes a little something like this...

Once upon a time, we were using selectBF as our source for stats on our players that played on the servers we had. Now, selectBF had initially been made ... a long time ago and on old php versions. Cut to last year, with our own php upgrades we broke the stats. We could not fix them and even hosting them on a subdomain using older php versions (which should have worked) simply did not. Hence me / SK / HelloClan calling it a day with the stats pages.

Cut to ... literally Sunday.

Our own @htn (officially now our Technician) got stuck into them - I even roped in the original creator of selectBF who was...quite surprised to hear it was till being used! Anyway, HTN toiled for quite some time, we threw around subdomains with various php version to test and see what was working and what wasn't.

HTN singlehandedly sorted out the old code used in selectBF and got it working bit by bit on the latest php versions. The amount of effort he put in...is tedious even for me to describe. As a result of his hard work, HelloClan has the first working version of selectBF running on the latest possible software! He even managed to make it a bit more secure too...which is a feat entirely on it's own.

We will be liaising with the creator (for those interested his name is Tim Adler https://toadle.me/en ) to re-upload the working version to GitHub and hopefully republish it entirely for all communities to use once again.

I'll say this bluntly though, full credit to HTN for getting it all sorted!

Happy stat hunting! If there is any issues you encounter, please let us know here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/support (contact us).

Attachments

• image_2022-08-08_233635552.png
    image_2022-08-08_233635552.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 175
  • image_2022-08-08_233652469.png
    image_2022-08-08_233652469.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 117

m@gic =d][b=

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Mati
Good job! Tried to install this a few times on my servers but had to rage quit ?

Any news if there will be a updated version on github?

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Some broken - i am in top10 players, and if i remember correcly i was somewhere in 200-300 position, before it was down.
It may have changed slightly due to ignoring incomplete rounds that are no longer counted...and also it's not exactly going all the way back to when it was. ;)

Good job! Tried to install this a few times on my servers but had to rage quit ?

Any news if there will be a updated version on github?
As soon as it is ready I will definitely announce it and provide a guide. ;)

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
1660415994766.png

The stats issue effects Gametracker as well ?

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
1660470407461.png

Gametracker counts minutes played and tracks kills as points

Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Gametracker works by querying the server every few minutes, and scraping data from it, so stats won't be always 100% accurate (as they should be with local internal statistics).

So IceSkater in the end you made it, congratulations! The timezone ruler is very cool, props to the developer but also to @htn for going through the hurdle.

Our stats software is also a real old piece of work, I'm not sure when it'll break but it's actually on a subdomain that uses HTTP protocol, and that's where we host our server banners too for that reason.

Back