• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] Point of Existence Event

Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Here we go again...​

It's a modified event! Though, this one is perhaps the easiest of them all dare I say!

Thanks to @LTShaun our next BFV event is one...interesting one.

Introducing Point of Existence!!

It's...extremely involved so I won't even try to sum it up nicely. All I can say is that you should checkout the gameplay videos of it!

Here's one for example...

Happening on our popup server:
-[HELLO]-P.O.E.

30th July 2022 @ 5PM UTC!

I made a tiny rushed video just for our youtube channel, unfortunately my power crisis and time is just on my side to do things nicely. But eh..at least the music is good! I put a spell on you ---- to play with us in the event!

Download:​

Grab the mod here:

EDIT: Please use this link instead:

It's an automatic installer, all you need to do is ensure it points to the Mods folder of where your game is installed if it's installed in a non-default directory!

Need some help?​

Small print:
It was discussed that I should host these events on our main bfv server. I have decided against that because I do not want to force players to go through the "hassle" of downloading stuff just to play the game. If players want to play on our Allmaps server because of what it stands for, I encourage that above all else. If players want to play modified events with us, then it happens obviously either on our Mission Possible or popup servers. Main thing is that there is always a choice for the players and it is not forced!

Last edited:

Butcher

Forum Newbie
BF1942 DESERT COMBAT ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Just for reference, taken from Discord: "poe_client_v1.0.zip" which contains "PoE-v1.0.0.0.exe" is improperly encoded or uploaded. It's missing some bits. I downloaded if from ModDB, and it throws a CRC-error when unzipping with 7-Zip. The actual error stems from PoE/Archives/Sound.rfa, but that won't prevent the maps from decompressing. It does unzip into a folder with 7-Zip, from which you can open the .exe as an archive. In there you will find all the mod's files, including maps, which you can unzip to the folder of your choice. For the event, are there any mirrors with a working installer?

Last edited:

Butcher

Forum Newbie
BF1942 DESERT COMBAT ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed, that one appears to be without issue..

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
ohh, NASTY "BUG" in most POE helos. Once you enter, you can't change seats. Near impossible to switch to seat 2 to allow someone else to fly! Whats up with that?? Seems obvious someone doesn't like mid flight seat switching. Also puts the kabash on using seat two on the ground to fire machine guns.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
ohh, NASTY "BUG" in most POE helos. Once you enter, you can't change seats. Near impossible to switch to seat 2 to allow someone else to fly! Whats up with that?? Seems obvious someone doesn't like mid flight seat switching. Also puts the kabash on using seat two on the ground to fire machine guns.
It may be how the mod was made...

Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
seems too obvious someone doesn't like seat switching. Great maps. I thought there might be a few on by now.
Most attack helis in PoE mod have two weapons for the pilot (Mouse left button and right button). For example Apache and Mi-24 (and I think the Super Cobra too) have unguided rockets and guided heatseeking tank buster missiles for the pilot to fire. This way, unlike BFV, there is no need for seat switching. Yes, but there is a need to seat switch in a heli to fire machine guns. I believe one of the Blackhawk versions has two stationery Miniguns (gatling guns) on it's sides. You need to get out of the heli, walk over close to the gun position and enter (E) the heli and then you can fire them. I used to park the Blackhawk near enemy mains and fire them if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Most attack helis in PoE mod have two weapons for the pilot (Mouse left button and right button).
Thanks for the input. FYI, I don't fly with a mouse, just a KB. So not sure where you were going with this. The fact that you can't move to any other seat once you are in seat 1, is very strange and I would think unnecessary or at minimum unexpected. (-: Maybe just something I'll have to get used to. Regardless, the game was a lot of fun.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Thanks for the input. FYI, I don't fly with a mouse, just a KB. So not sure where you were going with this. The fact that you can't move to any other seat once you are in seat 1, is very strange and I would think unnecessary or at minimum unexpected. (-: Maybe just something I'll have to get used to. Regardless, the game was a lot of fun.
I agree. Its a pain that seat switching to more than #1 or #2 is disabled. You are correct, this was probably intentional. I know quite a few players who despise seat switching trick. I like seat switching :cool:

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
I like seat switching
It is more than just taking advantage of the other seat's weapons. Between DC and POE I have been killed a dozen or more times when running under fire and jump into a vehicle just to find my self in the back seat! ☠️ In life I know I am a good back seat driver, but it doesn't translate to this game. :eek: ?

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I watched all videos in this playlist:

View: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLl8Bj9QrRYhNIaghcmLvA5H6a9IMc60W4

Collaborators can add thier videos to this list using this link:
View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLl8Bj9QrRYhNIaghcmLvA5H6a9IMc60W4&jct=oRDW7fsGTZW7lKyuwqENxE022o6CcA

All the maps that I played were impressive but the most intense were Embassy, Maikona, Mara, and Operation Game Warden. @DaddyO and @Sand_Radish were great in Mount Cassino with intense tank and artillery battles. @Norge was getting everyone with his artillery but I got finally got him and Daddy0 with the guided missiles. You can watch the guided missile footage here:
View: https://youtu.be/NUFCpaHYoMU?t=119

Evil Pigglet, Boonie Rat, taxidef, and @Turkish Monster did a good job. It was nice to see @rick joining us at the end at La Drang Valley and Battle of Salerno but he missed most of the previous action. Over Bioko and Maikona saw the best air action. Norge for HIZAKI and the two players from -[GACHI]- clan were impressive. @IceSkater is a killer in any mod :) Thank you for organizing this and thank you all for joining in.

Lets do this again soon.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
It is more than just taking advantage of the other seat's weapons. Between DC and POE I have been killed a dozen or more times when running under fire and jump into a vehicle just to find my self in the back seat! ☠️ In life I know I am a good back seat driver, but it doesn't translate to this game. :eek: ?
@DaddyO check out this video where I demonstrate how I seat switch among passenger positions on the Black Hawk:

View: https://youtu.be/H3sI98p2onA?t=182

Back