• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

The bad thing about battlefield vietnam...

Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
You seem to have a problem with me lately Disco you constantly harass me for typos in game, and now you're doing it on the on the forum.The word is COBBER not cobbler Yet you seem to be more of a COBBLER than a cobber. In Australia it was known as the Heavy barrel automatic rifle.Never was it called a LMG. I dont care what you read on the net. The SLR was rarely called the L1A1, it was just known as the SLR or 'BITCH' or 'SLUR' but the net wont tell you that, just as the m79 was known as the Wombat gun. You are proving that maybe a mistake was made in giving you an admin role,you are going down the same road Flight did, and where did that get him?? NO WHERE :) Just remember little buddy you have to be of a higher standard then any player on the forum and in the game,and you are failing in that role, and can be reported just as much as any player can.🤣

Last edited:

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
You seem to have a problem with me lately Disco you constantly harass me for typos in game, and now you're doing it on the on the forum.The word is COBBER not cobbler Yet you seem to be more of a COBBLER than a cobber. In Australia it was known as the Heavy barrel automatic rifle.Never was it called a LMG. I dont care what you read on the net. The SLR was rarely called the L1A1, it was just known as the SLR or 'BITCH' or 'SLUR' but the net wont tell you that, just as the m79 was known as the Wombat gun. You are proving that maybe a mistake was made in giving you an admin role,you are going down the same road Flight did, and where did that get him?? NO WHERE :) Just remember little buddy you have to be of a higher standard then any player on the forum and in the game,and you are failing in that role, and can be reported just as much as any player can.🤣
I don't have a problem with you Fragga, it's all jokes.

As for the weapon, "LMG" is short of Light Machine Gun, which, the L2A1 with the bigger barrel and a bipod fits more than an Assault Rifle, no?

Also, I have a site that has all sorts of "GI" slang even for the Aussies, don't think I can't find nicknames your soldiers gave to guns or people :)

Lastly, you can report me all you want, I haven't been abusing my admin rights, but even if they get taken from me, I don't mind ;) I agreed to be an admin because I thought I could "contribute", if anything, I'm more liable to get my rights removed for actually not using them. I've been told more times "you should've kicked/banned them" than "you shouldn't have".

But if you don't find that stuff funny then I'll just stick to "cobbler". You can't tell me that's not funny 😂

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Jamás pense que mi post llegaria tan lejos
You started a thread on " the bad things about Battlefield vietnam ". What did you expect? :) People here are very passionate and will defend their views. Bear in mind, that this game is VERY dear to so many people and accept it as part of their life.

This thread actually isn't nice to be honest, considering what we're doing here and maintaining the game's population. However, it is a forum and people are allowed their views as long as it can be put forward in a respectful manner. :)

Calling out its faults, whether historical in nature or coding wise, will cause dispute as there are so many different views and opinions surrounding it.

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
I think you're taking a game a little bit too seriously, Answer me this then, why aren't there any Australians in the game? The Australians were in nam from 1962 before the Americans, and did a fantastic job against much superior numbers. See battle of Long tan. Maybe just maybe the Australians aren't in BFV is because its a game made more for the American market than anyone else. Why cant you fix a bayonet to your rifle so you have a longer reach? Why don't some of the hueys have twin mounted m60s on each side?Why isn't there any CS grenades to throw down the tunnels to kill the VC?Why can't a sapper remove the enemy mines?Why aren't there any SEALS with tracker dogs? Why can a sniper only carry 30 rounds? Why aren't there any civilians that might be killed by indirect fire? Why can't the 105s be airlifted into battle? Oh and lets not forget its 20 years old. Do you see where I'm coming from?
check out Battlefield Vietnam Arsenal mod

Back