• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] Racing Event

Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Jeep racing is coming!​

In a previously brought up topic, jeep racing was asked for and although at the time it wasn't on the cards, planning was always being done for it! Thanks to LTShaun for providing me with [TKO] BooM's raceway map, we're officially going to the races!

Taking place on the 26th of February 2022 @ 5PM UTC on:
-[HELLO]-Racing
IP: 158.69.118.94
Port: 15569

Checkout the trailer here:

Downloading + installation instructions for the map:​

Unfortunately, we haven't yet got a SSM map version, so for this event you need to download the map in order to join us. It's very straightforward!

• Download the map here:

• Once downloaded, copy the map "Raceway.rfa" and navigate to your levels folder. Usually found in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\Archives\BfVietnam\Levels
    Or
    C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\Archives\BfVietnam\Levels

• Inside the levels folder, you'll know it's the right one if there are other levels/maps inside such as hastings etc, just paste the Raceway.rfa map inside there and you're done!

How the race works:​

This is a very easy map (so to speak of course). The server will be brought online the day before the event, where you are welcome to join and drive about to see what the map looks like! In any case, the first 30min or so of the event will be allocated to allow players the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the map.

Once we're all on board with every corner and hazard, an Admin will coordinate the race itself. How this will work:

To grab everyone's attention, the admin will pause the server and use the YELLOW ADMIN TEXT to inform all drivers (and co-drivers) to get to their vehicles when the server is un-paused. When this happens please do the following!

• Spawn (or respawn) and grab a vehicle. Do not move it, please stay where it spawned in as it represents a starting line.

• Once everyone is ready and in their vehicles, the server will be paused - this indicates the race is about to begin.
    Whilst the server is paused at this point, feel free to hold your W (forward movement key for vehicles etc) in and maybe even the turbo (fire button) so you're ready!

• The admin will then unpause the server, the race has begun and you need to high-tail it!

• As seen in the trailer, the finish line lays beyond a huge ramp. Make it to the other side where the Pagoda and Heli-spawn point is and you've won! If you die on the way, you can re-spawn and grab a vehicle to get back into the race!
Winners of the race claim bragging rights by flying the huey and watching the chaos below. ;) Also, winners will be mentioned in the results after the event!

Most importantly, just have fun! If this event goes off well enough, we'll incorporate other types of racing events in the future!​

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
If anyone wants to test this map early you can do so here and map vote is turned on ?

I’ll set raceway as the idle map so you won’t have to download the whole [TKO] Map Pack if you don’t want to.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Reminder!​

The racing event is next weekend!

Grab the map and practice! -[HELLO]-Racing is now online to help create notice of the upcoming race!

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Thats amazing how you still alive after i jump out - maybe jeep have some shifted hitboxes after driver out, but 3PCO in vehicle used. Fas fun.
I'm not sure myself...it was just good ole fashioned BFV physics. :D

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Thats amazing how you still alive after i jump out - maybe jeep have some shifted hitboxes after driver out, but 3PCO in vehicle used. Fas fun.
I don't think anything changes with the hitboxes, but there's definitely a difference in how collision damage is calculated under different circumstances. I think that's coded in the main .exe file or something like that, because I've never seen anything that could control that in the .rfa files. It's like how with certain weapons it takes a lot of shots to destroy a vehicle (say, MG vs helicopter), but if a bot is the one doing the shooting, sometimes they only need to get one hit in to destroy it. I've seen that happen many times and I think it's a balance mechanic to try to compensate for how poorly they coded the bots. But that also doesn't have any apparent code causing that in the .rfa files, so I suspect it's in the .exe.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
yeah i saw that mments with bots - the same we have with huey grenade even with real players. As for exe - definetelly no - maye in dll or rfa. I just say that cuz on that map we have CSM. Jeep modded with many things, and no matter how much time i have the same situations on driver seat - jeep was blow, and i see offten jeep stay alive after you jumpout with parachute on that place or other map point
I've also seen it in the vanilla game with no mods, SSM or CSM. It's rare and generally happens when abandoning a vehicle right before ramming it into something, and has a higher chance of happening when there's also someone else in the vehicle. It's definitely not in the .rfa files (I've been through all of the damage/material files), and I highly doubt it's in the .dlls, which makes me suspect it's in the .exe, although I'm inclined to think it's a bug rather than something intentional. Although thinking about it, they might be two separate issues. That happening in the vanilla game could be a bug, but I could easily see how in this specific case for the Raceway map, the damage files for the jeep were modified to make it deliberate. It's definitely doable, and it makes sense given how easy it is to crash on that map. I've been meaning to download the map for myself and take a look at the file, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Reminder!​

The racing event is nearly upon us!

Make sure you have the map downloaded! I'll try to stream the event live to facebook or youtube and hopefully catch some fantastic accidents racing! :D

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Okay so from my understanding, the are no laps, is that correct? Looking forward to this, I love racing events!

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Everyone left just now. I was the last player on the server. Advertizing everywhere on social media but not listing the raceway server on Gametracker was a mistake IMO. I know how much you like people to follow you on social media but as I have said before, this is a very old game with old players and very few of those old timers follow social media or this forum, even if they are registered on it.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Just had to restart the event server my game crashed and when I tried to load back in it gave server full error.
Thanks LTShaun, I was worried that would happen...

Everyone left just now. I was the last player on the server. Advertizing everywhere on social media but not listing the raceway server on Gametracker was a mistake IMO. I know how much you like people to follow you on social media but as I have said before, this is a very old game with old players and very few of those old timers follow social media or this forum, even if they are registered on it.
Please see above Al.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
The event started at 12:00 EST and by 1:30 we had 15 people, was a great time I hope we can do it again soon :)

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I missed the event by a few hours. Anyways, this map is fun even driving alone. Its very challenging and I couldn't even get to finish the map 3 times. I remeber driving here many years ago on another server. Lets do this again.

View: https://youtu.be/mcgBTNZkZ5c

Back