• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Operation Remembrance Media

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Yeah it was a fun play, but please implement a 10 second time limit if player "LuccaWulf" enters the chopper :D ahah
Other than that I think without the crosshair it was more realistic, and I guess the weapon damage was also greater?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I 100% agree. @DenalDouglas made an awesome mod for the game and the tiny details have certainly not gone unnoticed.

I'm glad that we were able to host the event and hopefully it has helped create further awareness of it's existence. :p

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
11:02 PM
Reaction score
Yeah it was a fun play, but please implement a 10 second time limit if player "LuccaWulf" enters the chopper :D ahah
Other than that I think without the crosshair it was more realistic, and I guess the weapon damage was also greater?
Haha, I know how you feel about that. I felt pretty guilty a few times when I was flying from above causing absolute carnage. Although I feel that the 10-second limit is not enough, I think it should probably be a bit higher ?

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Here is my first out of nine videos of Operation Remembrance that I recorded. I know some people use the "Q" button to highlight teammates but sometimes I forget to enable that lol.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQzCistZPl8

If anyone in the video who was speaking to me on discord does not want their voice to be heard, ill gladly take down the video and remove it and maybe add music over the gameplay. My recording was only in 1 channel and for some reason, I had my microphone recording off in the settings. I'll be switching to OBS from Shadowplay soon since I can set up multiple audio channels that actually work with BF Vietnam.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Haha, I know how you feel about that. I felt pretty guilty a few times when I was flying from above causing absolute carnage. Although I feel that the 10-second limit is not enough, I think it should probably be a bit higher ?
Ten second limit for what? How often the rockets can be fired?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Yes, the weapon damage was adjusted significantly for most weapons. I'm hoping to add a better armor system in the next big update so that vehicles have a realistic amount of protection against incoming weapons. This will mean damage done to certain vehicles by certain weapons will be greater in some cases and less in others. For example, 0.50 caliber bullets will do more damage to aircraft, making the tripod-mounted DShK a more viable defense against Hueys, but the M8 Greyhound's 37mm gun will do little to no damage against a T-54 depending on where the shot hits.

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
I believe Shark was talking about a 10-second limit before I can take off, at least that's what I assumed and played along with.
oh no no no, I meant if the player name is 'LuccaWulf' -> then player only gets 10 seconds of fly time in the Huey ? ahah

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Sorry to miss this event. I finally installed it today, which was a very easy process. Then I played the map based on La Drang Valley. Very impressive! I particularly like the new firepower of F4 and added rocket-pack for Hueys. I can't wait to see what's new with NVA aircraft. No crosshairs took a while to adjust to. I hope we can have an event based on this mod again soon. Does this mod run on co-op? If yes then it needs a co-op server of it's own. Sorry I didn't recognize you on Saturday @DenalDouglas I thought you were @Pipiska :) It was nice playing with you.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
@x4|Al Gore That's okay. I had a great time too. I saw you mention Pipiska that day and thought you got us mixed up, but I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything. Yes, Operation Remembrance does have full singleplayer/co-op support, and I've even done a lot to improve the bots. There are still a few maps where they aren't the smartest, but for the most part they're much better. I think the next time we have an event will probably be when V1.1 comes out, because that'll introduce a lot more features including bug fixes, new vehicles, new maps, and a proper damage/armor system.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @x4|Al Gore stay tuned I will have a full time server for this mod running soon enough just getting a few things set up first. I’ve decided to set up a server tower at home so just need to get it online and we’re good to go ?

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
@x4|Al Gore That's okay. I had a great time too. I saw you mention Pipiska that day and thought you got us mixed up, but I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything. Yes, Operation Remembrance does have full singleplayer/co-op support, and I've even done a lot to improve the bots. There are still a few maps where they aren't the smartest, but for the most part they're much better. I think the next time we have an event will probably be when V1.1 comes out, because that'll introduce a lot more features including bug fixes, new vehicles, new maps, and a proper damage/armor system.
Ah, when you mentioned smartest bots you reminded me of Powerstomp. He's the admin of Easy Prey Death server. He has worked extensively on improving his bots to make them smarter. He has done a pretty good job on all his maps. I think you both can share some ideas on this subject. @IceSkater can get you in touch with him.

I have a question: Those new artillery guns look very impressive. Can they fire shells all the way to the other side of maps? For example, in La Drang Valley, can this gun fire a shell from the Blue base all the way to Red flags on the other side of the mountain range?

Also, can another player point at any target with binoculars and allow the artillery gunner see where the shells are landing, like BFV's mortars, rockets, and artillery?

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Hey @x4|Al Gore stay tuned I will have a full time server for this mod running soon enough just getting a few things set up first. I’ve decided to set up a server tower at home so just need to get it online and we’re good to go ?
Excellent! Thank you Shaun

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Ah, when you mentioned smartest bots you reminded me of Powerstomp. He's the admin of Easy Prey Death server. He has worked extensively on improving his bots to make them smarter. He has done a pretty good job on all his maps. I think you both can share some ideas on this subject. @IceSkater can get you in touch with him.

I have a question: Those new artillery guns look very impressive. Can they fire shells all the way to the other side of maps? For example, in La Drang Valley, can this gun fire a shell from the Blue base all the way to Red flags on the other side of the mountain range?

Also, can another player point at any target with binoculars and allow the artillery gunner see where the shells are landing, like BFV's mortars, rockets, and artillery?
Do you mean the M101A1 105mm howitzer that the US uses? I've actually never tested the maximum range, although it's pretty far. I'm fairly confident I remember using the howitzers on Ia Drang at the US base to hit the Riverbed flag in the far bottom left. Unfortunately, I accidentally broke the artillery spotting system and haven't been able to fix it (even going back to the original code for the binoculars didn't solve the problem), but there is a replacement for it. Now if you pull up your minimap, you can see an icon that shows you where each shot is going. The only problem with that is for now it only works properly on singleplayer. The way it works is that each projectile has an invisible "vehicle" mounted to it with a minimap icon like any other vehicle so you can see where it is, but in multiplayer there's a limit to how far away an unoccupied vehicle can be before its icon disappears from the map. So if you're shooting a significant distance away (using the example that made me realize this problem, this means anything further from the NVA airbase to the US base on Khe Sanh), it might look like you're hitting one place but you're actually hitting much farther away. I'm hoping to fix this at some point in the future for multiplayer, but for now it at least works fine on singleplayer. And in multiplayer, you can still get someone with binoculars to hang back from the action, watch where your shots are going, and make adjustments for you in chat. Oh, and the NVA/VC Spotter class has special binoculars that you can use to call in an "artillery strike". Just point the binoculars at what you want to blow up, press the " fire" button, and in a moment, BOOM!

Back