• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

The BF1942 server needs an overhaul

Johnny James

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
The AFK players need to be dealt with. I once had one ask me what map would I like, so I can only assume they are members with privileges. Many times when playing alone I want to change to a different map but can't because of the AFK idiots.

If you want more people playing you need to properly label the maps as COOP, (the ones now labelled as Conquest) which is what they are. No one will enter an empty, or near empty, Conquest server. Why should they? In most cases you'd be alone. In COOP servers you expect to see bots, I would also add 2 more bots to each team.

Because of the AFKers, often time auto balance kicks in, it's not needed I'd drop it, or at least change the ratio.

So many maps are screwed up, Stalingrad is a prime example. All the Allied flags are already capped. right from the start. And if you want to add planes, also add some flaks.

Oh well, CYA :)

BangBangOw

Forum Newbie
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
BF1942 DESERT COMBAT ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
The AFK players need to be dealt with. I once had one ask me what map would I like, so I can only assume they are members with privileges. Many times when playing alone I want to change to a different map but can't because of the AFK idiots.

If you want more people playing you need to properly label the maps as COOP, (the ones now labelled as Conquest) which is what they are. No one will enter an empty, or near empty, Conquest server. Why should they? In most cases you'd be alone. In COOP servers you expect to see bots, I would also add 2 more bots to each team.

Because of the AFKers, often time auto balance kicks in, it's not needed I'd drop it, or at least change the ratio.

So many maps are screwed up, Stalingrad is a prime example. All the Allied flags are already capped. right from the start. And if you want to add planes, also add some flaks.

Oh well, CYA :)
I know the timeframe for this response is a little off.

However, since I've had a lot of free time recently, I've been "revamping" all my SSM mods of CQ maps.

This includes:

10v10 bot support on all maps.
Better AI, they'll use all vehicles and spawns.
Tweaking spawns of bots where they don't move.

*NEW MAPS*
ALL Road to Rome maps are now with 10v10 bot support and on the server.
Essen CQ is also on the server.

Working on other SW maps with 10v10 bot support and a decent modification as well.

I do EVERYTHING modding wise for this server and really the only admin currently, so forgive me for not being able to do everything at once, I was extremely busy these past months. I'm a little freer now, so I can run things better and put some more effort into "revamping" the maps/server.

I'm not perfect at making everyone happy with my mods, however if you understood how much time it takes to do all of this, you'd give me a little break. I've made 100+ SSM's for this server alone, for multiple mods.

It'll get better :)

Regards,

BangBangOw

Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
I know the timeframe for this response is a little off.

However, since I've had a lot of free time recently, I've been "revamping" all my SSM mods of CQ maps.

This includes:

10v10 bot support on all maps.
Better AI, they'll use all vehicles and spawns.
Tweaking spawns of bots where they don't move.

*NEW MAPS*
ALL Road to Rome maps are now with 10v10 bot support and on the server.
Essen CQ is also on the server.

Working on other SW maps with 10v10 bot support and a decent modification as well.

I do EVERYTHING modding wise for this server and really the only admin currently, so forgive me for not being able to do everything at once, I was extremely busy these past months. I'm a little freer now, so I can run things better and put some more effort into "revamping" the maps/server.

I'm not perfect at making everyone happy with my mods, however if you understood how much time it takes to do all of this, you'd give me a little break. I've made 100+ SSM's for this server alone, for multiple mods.

It'll get better :)

Regards,

BangBangOw
I also do modding for Bf1942 in addition to BfVietnam (I have a Bf1942 mod I'm planning to release this summer, actually), so if you ever need help, I can definitely contribute, although since it involves working around servers and maintaining integrity of client files, there might be some things I don't know how to do.

Back