• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

The other Battlefields

HueyBob

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Bob
Firstly, Congrats to Helloclan past and present for keeping BFV alive all these years, especially the 1.2 servers, the existence of which (on the server lists) gave us hope down on the 1.0 servers that we weren't wasting our time, trying to keep an unsupported version of an unsupported game running for as long as they did. Over the years on 1.0 we soaked up a lot of new players who had started playing without patching, many stayed with us, many saw the more populated servers for the patched games and moved on, we always made a point of telling those who did, to stop at 1.2 before 1.21 :)
Also thanks to the small band of players who had all 3 versions installed and regularly travelled between them, supporting all versions (Piet for example) without those players it wouldn't have felt like a larger community.

Anyhow, on to the point of this post:
Obviously BF1942 & BFV are still clinging on, BF2 seems to be doing even better (player-count wise) but what happened to the last moddable Battlefield: BF2142? Did it not have enough of a fanbase to save it?
I only played it for a little while but it seemed a solid BF game and it had the best Star Wars mod (First Strike) I've ever played.
My main question: Has Helloclan supported any other battlefield games and are there any plans to do so in the future?

Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Howdy,

Thank you for the kind words. ;)

Obviously BF1942 & BFV are still clinging on, BF2 seems to be doing even better (player-count wise) but what happened to the last moddable Battlefield: BF2142? Did it not have enough of a fanbase to save it?
This is something that might surprise you. ;) Head over to our partner community - Battlefield 2142 Reclamation - they provide ongoing support for it and host events. ;) https://forum.helloclan.eu/pages/our-affiliates/

I'm sure you are also aware of Lost-Soldiers, they cover Battlefield 2 and are also a partner community. ;)

My main question: Has Helloclan supported any other battlefield games and are there any plans to do so in the future?
Because our partner communities cover them perfectly, I currently don't have any plans to provide support on those games. It takes quite a bit to build up a community when there is already established ones for them.

However as for newer versions, we do cover Battlefield 2042 - https://forum.helloclan.eu/bf2042 - but it's not exactly a gun that's really live at the moment plus we can't host servers yet... :p For now, Battlefield Vietnam & Battlefield 1942 are our priorities in the Battlefield franchise.

We did try Battlefield...3(?) sometime ago but it didn't quite lift off so we cut it short. If something comes along that is readily feasible, I'm quite open to trying it out!

HueyBob

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Bob
My main thought was for the First Strike mod, as a (non-Disney) Star War fan I'd highly recommend giving it a go (if it's ever supported).
It played a lot like any other BF game but where it stood-out was the Space maps, not only could you zip around in classic starfighters but there were also Capital Class ships (pilotable) where you could spawn in a hangar and either jump into one of many Turbo cannon turrets on the ship or hop into an X-Wing and fly over to the enemy Star Destroyer, dodging Tiefighters, land in their hangar and fight on foot to their bridge!
There was even a map where you could do the Trench run on the Deathstar at the battle of Yavin, a fanboi's dream come true :)
Sadly I never played with more than 20 players at once, I can only imagine how awesome those space maps were with full servers.

Back