• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Jungle Maps broken....pls fix

Bee

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
Camnoobia and Ho Chi maps are broken, both only last an average of 7 minutes. (yes iv been timing them the last few times they played) . The bleed is set to ridiculously high and needs to be drastically reduced. they are solid maps that provide a different style of play and its a shame we only get a collective of 10 minutes between the 2 maps a day.
I just think its ridiculous we get to play those for 5 minutes and then maps like Irving last an hour and a half no matter who holds all flags. pls fix

Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hey Bee,

I've not yet increased the tickets as we discussed...I'll do that when the server empties so I can restart it and we'll see how it goes from there. ;)

The main reason the bleed was created was because of the, now ironic, references to the maps lasting too long. I'll increase the tickets as a start, if that still doesn't help a bit more, then I'll look at reducing the bleed.

Regards,
Ice

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Update:

Thanks to Pipiska's guiding hand, I've seen exactly what the bleed rate is set for these maps. They are...extremely high. I've set them back to their original intended bleed rates. This should be alright but if adjustment is needed, I will do it.

The maps will be re-uploaded as soon as I have a chance, then the settings will take effect.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
I like how the maps are set up the way they are. Please don't change anything. The jungle maps take too long and it's the same drum beat over and over.

pinky

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
The changes have been made and the maps uploaded.

The bleed rate was set quite high, so I've reduced it. If the maps end up being unfortunately long, I'll increase in increments. I've not increased the tickets, just altered the bleed rate, so it shouldn't be that drastic but still should be noticeable.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
One guy asks for a change and it's changed? No poll? No vote?

The bleed rate was changed several years ago by SK because they took so long to play. They become boring.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I'm just trying. :)

I implemented your change in rotation Pinky. Allow me to do the same with the other suggestions to try them.

You said this weekend. The change in the order of maps to put Saigon at the start and Hastings after is insignificant. It's ok, you run the server.

Back