• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Map Order

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Hastings is perhaps the favorite map of a majority of players. I'm not saying it is everybody's favorite. Not saying that.

But, there are several maps we know players enjoy.

I have wondered, would it be better to have the first map be Saigon '68 followed by Hastings?

I check to see if players are on. When I get around to it, and see there are some players, I join in. Unfortunately, if the game has been going for a bit, it's almost to the end of Hastings and we won't see Hastings again until tomorrow. Whereas if we could start with another popular map. The server will populate then we all know Hastings is coming. Reclaiming Hue. Etc.

My suggestion. Thank you.

pinky

Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Tis the season to be jolly, and since it's a very minor change, let's try it for the weekend. :)

Everyone agrees that Hastings is the money maker (so to speak), and it was always our idle map. I'm not sure about Saigon 68 specifically but heck, let's try.

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
I do not agree about the saigon, it is too big, since there is an underground level, and at first when there are few players the gameplay will be very boring ... as for there would be more players on the Hastings because it was moved to 2nd place in the list - i like it. I don't know, there might be another map, for example game warden or khe sahn....
It would be a perfect world if we had it all our own way wouldn't it? "That's all I have to say about that"

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
It would be a perfect world if we had it all our own way wouldn't it? "That's all I have to say about that"
These threads are just spinning spheres of the redundant. over and over and over and over and over...

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I do not agree about the saigon, it is too big, since there is an underground level, and at first when there are few players the gameplay will be very boring ... as for there would be more players on the Hastings because it was moved to 2nd place in the list - i like it. I don't know, there might be another map, for example game warden or khe sahn....

Pisky, when you say that Saigon is too big, what do you mean? The map is much smaller than Hastings. A big map is Fall of Saigon. That is big. So is La Drang.

The idea was for players to join and populate the server then Hastings comes on and we have a good crowd for that map.

I don't know how long the playing time is of the maps as far as start to end but there are many maps and I suspect it's an all-day event to complete all maps.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
AGAIN

when there are few players, especially on weekdays, it will be so boring that it will take a lot of time. On hastings or other maps that I suggested there is a vehicles and players can meet in 10-20 sec,
and on saigon you can run in circles one after another, capturing flags

P.S. Even ia drang can be ended much faster with couple players (usa win) then saigon. lol pinky

P.P.S. better then saigon tunnels only use to get it more meat. or maybe make saigon without tunnels??
I can agree with this. The idea put forth Pisky is to draw players into the game to populate the server THEN we get to Hastings. By the time I discover players are on Hastings, the score is lop-sided or one team has taken main. The map ends not to be seen again for 14 hours. The most popular map. Hastings.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
AGAIN

when there are few players, especially on weekdays, it will be so boring that it will take a lot of time. On hastings or other maps that I suggested there is a vehicles and players can meet in 10-20 sec,
and on saigon you can run in circles one after another, capturing flags

P.S. Even ia drang can be ended much faster with couple players (usa win) then saigon. lol pinky

P.P.S. better then saigon tunnels only use to get it more meat. or maybe make saigon without tunnels??

I was talking about the SIZE of the map smartass! I get that there is this English translation issue but you put commas in your sentence separating the words of the size of the map and the tunnels. I will give you two thumbs up on the proper use of the word "too".

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Map vote is much like FF being on. Some like some don't. You just can't please everybody.

I would like to see player kick turned back on. Call me crazy but that might solve some of the issues with running admins nuts over AFKs and main rapers.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
i completelly agree with idea - but it will not work because exaclty size map of saigon is - x2 - cuz tunnels area - smartbutt! :p
yeah maybe translation maybe other - no matter. it the end i think we all want to make game little bit better.

P.S. we can have hastings and any other map often on mission possible server - map vote is on )):cool: so maybe need return map vote back on?

Are you playing today? Sunday? We had a great crowd on. Sure was fun yesterday with BarFly, Und playing. We had a great round in Hastings. You are a good shot with the MI8 as is Und.

Your fiend,
pinky

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
SAIGON 68 now surface map only!!! since the map is currently the starting one, in order not to let the players get bored in the tunnels, now everything is on the surface. enter to sewers is blocked, all flags movet to the surface - added some new vehicles to improve game, and also miniguns, where can we go without them)
Pisky, I think Ice was only doing this for this past weekend. To change things up. Temporary.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Is the normal version with tunnels removed then or still in normal rotation?

If removed I definitly vote no, no matter if Pipisky done good job of modifying the map to an overground one.

Why? Because I love the tunnels in Saigon!

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
it`s just temporary - as i say we have saigon 1st map in the list - so when people come on weekdays - they can run in tunnels by a hours - now all will be on a surface and more faster - usa and nva have helis, ground vehicles added - it is like hastings and hue at the same time. Maybe you try first - and judge after
I don't say that this is a bad modification, you misunderstand me. But having Saigon completely away without tunnels (e.g. normal Saigon still in normal map-rotation) is a no for me, no matter how good the overground map is.
I liked your underground version and I think I could live with that..but then there are others that doesn't like tunnels.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Just adding here as well;

It's not a permanent fixture. :) Just something a little different and capitalizing on an existing trial. Officially, both Saigon 68 as the start map and the edited version of it will revert on the 17th Jan. It may be reverted sooner if there is...backlash.

At this point, and considering past polls I've hosted on changes, I've simply elected to do with these "minor" (in my view, but I understand and accept that they may not seem minor in other's views) change.

Again, it's not a permanent fixture, only a deviation from our long going cycle of things. A little change...someone once said...now and then isn't the end of the world - unless of course it is. ;)

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well even if the map is okay, this is not the right way for a server calling itself a server for "stock maps".

This is not a slightly change (as the car on Lang Dra Valley), it is a completely changed map which in my opinion is not correct placed on the Main-HELLO server, instead it would be correct placed on the second server.

If this map is too big as start map, then of course it can be discussed to use another start map, but it should be a stock one.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I know that, but there is not a difference if users don't need to download anything or not...it is a huge modification moving flags to surface and completely remove the tunnels.

Again: I don't say, that the modification which you've done is bad! No way!
But missing the "original" Saigon with tunnels is not good in my view.

That's why I am against it and not because of your modification.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well even if the map is okay, this is not the right way for a server calling itself a server for "stock maps".

This is not a slightly change (as the car on Lang Dra Valley), it is a completely changed map which in my opinion is not correct placed on the Main-HELLO server, instead it would be correct placed on the second server.

If this map is too big as start map, then of course it can be discussed to use another start map, but it should be a stock one.

htn, I played the map and did enjoy it. It was fun. It was a pleasant change. Saigon 68 is where I used to stage jeep races. Boredom = Jeep Races

I had asked that Ice consider putting Saigon 68 as the lead map because we know it is popular. Perhaps not as popular as Hastings but a good map to get players in. Then, once they are in and that map completes, we move to Hastings. Before, as you know, players could get on and into Hastings. By the time I discover players on and join, Hastings is almost over. My favorite map.

I suggested that perhaps it possible to put the original Saigon 68 in the map over along with the modded map. Perhaps do the Pisky Saigon map at the start then Hastings then a few other maps to keep the ground troops happy then Saigon 68 regular map ....

Thank you Pisky. Loved the modded map.

pinky

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
htn, I played the map and did enjoy it. It was fun. It was a pleasant change. Saigon 68 is where I used to stage jeep races. Boredom = Jeep Races

I had asked that Ice consider putting Saigon 68 as the lead map because we know it is popular. Perhaps not as popular as Hastings but a good map to get players in. Then, once they are in and that map completes, we move to Hastings. Before, as you know, players could get on and into Hastings. By the time I discover players on and join, Hastings is almost over. My favorite map.

I suggested that perhaps it possible to put the original Saigon 68 in the map over along with the modded map. Perhaps do the Pisky Saigon map at the start then Hastings then a few other maps to keep the ground troops happy then Saigon 68 regular map ....

Thank you Pisky. Loved the modded map.

pinky
I am open to put original Saigon 68 along with the modded version.

And I don't say the modded version is bad. But I don't want to miss the original one in rotation.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
htn, I absolutely agree. I love the original map. And you get 40 guys on any of these maps and I love them all. I may be pwned but that's ok, I laugh.

pinky

Back