• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Adding BFV menu resolution patch to /resources

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Original patch (meant for 1942): www.bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1653
I tested it and it applies to Vietnam as well, making main menu widescreen instead of 4:3

I have recently fiddled with it when I had to re-patch the BfVietnam.exe executable due to the last openspy patch update.
So I attach the "polished" version that I made, at the core is the same I just made some visual adjustments. :p

Attachments

• bfv_menu_resolution_patcher_1.2.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 159
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hmm...

Is that not the same as...:

Editing the main menu resolution / alt tab resizing fix:​

If you ALT-TAB a lot, you may find that your desktop changes it's graphics or your open windows move about. There is a fix for this, and it's basically a fix for the main menu resolution even though it doesn't quite change much.

You can download this fix by clicking here.

Once downloaded, you just need to extract it using WinRAR or 7zip. Inside it is a README that will guide you on how to use it. It is then imperative that you always launch the game using the fixed game launcher with your custom resolution. If you launch it from anything else, it won't stay fixed.
Either way, I'll happily add it. :p

Thanks Shark. :p

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Hmm... Is that not the same as...:
Indeed! That moddb page is linked in the final post of the topic.

With this patched executable, when you launch the game Windows will not resize the other apps to 800x600 (eg. Chrome). If only it worked in Battlefield 2 ...

Thanks for adding it ?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
This doesn't work with UltraWide monitors like my 34" (2560 x 1080) screen. Menu is widened but the game becomes very narrow and I can't change it. Had to revert back to default BfVietnam.exe
Hey Al,

Did you try manually changing your Video.con & VideoCustom.con files to accommodate the settings as well?

Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Hey Al,

Did you try manually changing your Video.con & VideoCustom.con files to accommodate the settings as well?
Hi Ice, yes. I tried that for 3 hours yesterday. If the menu became wide, then the game becomes very narrow. If the game become's wide then the graphics become very pixelated as the resolution drops to 640x480 standard even though I had hard coded 2560x1080. I tried changing the renderer.fieldOfView game.setDetailTexture game.setGraphicsQuality game.setGeometryQuality to different settings too but just couldn't get it to work.

The problem I have with default widescreen patch is that when I Alt+Tab then my main Windows 10 desktop automatically drops to a random (non-ultrawide) reduced resolution such as 1920x1080 or even 800x600, and I have manually go to Windows 10 Display Settings and change the resolution back to 2560x1080, everytime after playing BFV.

This has been a constant PitA since 2017. But in 2020 I had experimented with these same settings and this problem went away. I was glad I found a solution using the Video.con and VideoCustom.con settings but I forgot what I had done. I lost those settings when I had to uninstall and re-install BFV due to 4GB Ram upgrade patch problems.

Insutructions on this and this site mentions that they successfully changed BFV to Ultrawide but unfortunately they don't share those settings or how they did it. They even shared some screenshots of screens even wider than mine. My monitor is 21:9 UltraWide so as per instructions I changed the Field of View to 1.75 but the graphics became very lens like. So changeing the DisplayMode to 2560x1080 and fieldOfView to 1.75 didn't match.

There is a way to fix this but I can't remember what it was. I think I had Windowed Mode activated with basic Widescreen Patch for this to work. I was admin for a while back then so Windowed Mode was helpful because I could monitor the Remote Manager while playing, both on the same screen. I remember that there was another PitA with the Windowed Mode where the game window will open on the right corner of the screen or some random area of the screen, and I had to manually move the window to the left corner everytime. This could only be done quickly before the map finished loading. It wasn't a big deal and I got used to it. I will try that again.

Back