• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Layout update to the Rules page

Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hey all,

I was intending on doing this at some point but the recent post by TonyB (https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/9655/) spurred my response to get it done.

Before moving to the layout change I've done, please note there was a small amendment made;

Where as:
Hiding at the end of a map and making no effort to capture a flag.

Now is:
Hiding at the end of the map as one of the last players alive on your team.
Not attempting to take a flag as the last surviving member of your team.

Exactly what I've done layout wise...is combine the courses of action & rules page into one. I think I did it as streamlined as possible, I've outlined the rules in their full degree and still kept some form of examples for each with a spoiler section that can be expanded to view it.

There are several rules that were somewhat smothered by the main rules we're all used to, but hopefully now they are fully viewable and easy to understand.

Please let me know how you find it. Constructive criticism is welcomed. :)

Rules page viewable here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/rules

Regards,
Ice

PS. There were no full rule changes made! In case you're wondering! I've only brought the existing rules out into the full open with a more detailed layout, with a slight amendment that already was basic common sense to all of us.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Excellent!

I would like to bring up a rule that I think is overlooked in general, which is a player named " Player" . Very frustrating to understand who it is, are they the "Player" that was switching teams last round, yesterday, etc... I would like to see the consensus, that we enforce this rule a little more heavy hand than we do now. I get it if you just did a reinstall or have a new PC. However, Player names are a dead-end road for all of us. Seems silly, but we see it all the time. When you ask a Player named " Player" you usually get no response and, they play this game is they are in 110% Cognito. What are the thoughts here?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Excellent!

I would like to bring up a rule that I think is overlooked in general, which is a player named " Player" . Very frustrating to understand who it is, are they the "Player" that was switching teams last round, yesterday, etc... I would like to see the consensus, that we enforce this rule a little more heavy hand than we do now. I get it if you just did a reinstall or have a new PC. However, Player names are a dead-end road for all of us. Seems silly, but we see it all the time. When you ask a Player named " Player" you usually get no response and, they play this game is they are in 110% Cognito. What are the thoughts here?
Hey Mr. O,

Since this is in public space, I encourage getting their attention. If need be, perhaps admin killing them then asking them to change their name. I feel this might be a bit more nicer than kicking.

I quite know there's little response, most likely they themselves aren't sure what their own name is let alone know about it.

Regards,
Ice

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Hey Mr. O,

Since this is in public space, I encourage getting their attention. If need be, perhaps admin killing them then asking them to change their name. I feel this might be a bit more nicer than kicking.

I quite know there's little response, most likely they themselves aren't sure what their own name is let alone know about it.

Regards,
Ice
I have been light-hearted with this but and have not taken any action against a player named " Player". But it is a rule and when there are two of them on at the same time it gets squirrelly if they are missing the mark on rules... ( Am I talking to PlayerA or PlayerB, do they even know, am I drinking ?and see two of them and there is really one ? ) In any case Players named "Player" this is all about you! ? Start thinking of a "Name"!

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Ahem, a reminder that this is posted in the public forum gents, for all to see.

The Player name rule has always existed, just not entirely enforced harshly. It does include the different language versions of the word Player. ;)

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
Thank you for laying out the rules in a clear and concise manner. I appreciate admins devoting their time to govern the server.

Back