• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] Forcepack Event

Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
HELLO Battlefield Vietnam community!

The time has come for as special and different event! We are not using a mod this time, but instead using the famous Forcepack add on.

This event is courtesy of @agathyus.

Take a look at what it's about!

When?
Event date: May 15th 2021

Event time: 6PM (Budapest time zone) | 4PM UTC time zone

Where?
Event will be hosted on HelloClan's Event server:

IP: 158.69.118.94
Port: 15568

Description:

Getting the add on:

Download it from here: https://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-vietnam/addons/bfv-forcepack-platinum
Followed by the patch: https://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-vietnam/addons/bfv-forcepack-platinum-patcher

Installation is simple, just choose the recommended directory in both cases. No need for a new shortcut, because these maps work in vanilla. When everything is ready 25 maps are available. If you'll play the maps, you may have the impression as the game is more, than you ever excepted: you will feel like these maps were really necessary to make the game greater and better than ever.

Remember to check the correct folder, which contains the 25 maps after your installation, then do not forget to patch before you launch the game.

Map order
will be alphabetical, from A-T, map vote could be turned on.

For help, please drop a message here (support forum), and agathyus or Hello Clan admins will reply as soon as possible.

You better start fighting soldier!

Good luck!

Last edited:

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
@agathyus, if this event is well received I shall install this add on on one of my servers ?
you may, we're working very hard with IceSkater to reach a lot of current, former and new players of course

Last edited:

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
1619859094575.png

Third surprise: the map is named after the accident, which happened before the war excalated in 'nam

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Installation-Hint:

If your game is not installed in default directory you have to choose your Battlefield Vietnam installation directory (in my case e.g. D:\Games\Battlefield Vietnam".

If you selected your directory, make sure to paste \Mods\BfVietnam\Archives\BfVietnam\Levels behind your game-directory to make sure the files will be placed correctly.

Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Great group of maps! I was looking around in them and noticed that one at least seems to have underground tunnels on islands (not spawn holes). I could see the flags under ground (by pressing Q), but could not get to them. I looked for entrances, but could find none. Any idea how you get into these tunnels to capture the flags?

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Great group of maps! I was looking around in them and noticed that one at least seems to have underground tunnels on islands (not spawn holes). I could see the flags under ground (by pressing Q), but could not get to them. I looked for entrances, but could find none. Any idea how you get into these tunnels to capture the flags?
I don't remember if there was any tunnels, but there can be some aircombats, but there are tunnel spawnpoints which have to be destroyed by anti VC/NVA forces, though there can be surprise even for me, because in XP there were some lags and in Win 10 I have tested the maps, but I haven't gone into deeper

Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
I don't remember if there was any tunnels, but there can be some aircombats, but there are tunnel spawnpoints which have to be destroyed by anti VC/NVA forces, though there can be surprise even for me, because in XP there were some lags and in Win 10 I have tested the maps, but I haven't gone into deeper
I have been through most of the maps and I can't remember the map name. But it was definitely a bunch of islands and the flags on a couple of islands looked like double gray flags, then the "underground" flag turned red as someone took it ( I was using bots) and the above ground flag was take by the US. Then you could clearly see the US and the Red flag as if they were conjoined. I searched and searched for the red flag tunnel entrance and could find none. Maybe it was an in the air flag that I was mistaking for a tunnel flag from the distance?

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I have been through most of the maps and I can't remember the map name. But it was definitely a bunch of islands and the flags on a couple of islands looked like double gray flags, then the "underground" flag turned red as someone took it ( I was using bots) and the above ground flag was take by the US. Then you could clearly see the US and the Red flag as if they were conjoined. I searched and searched for the red flag tunnel entrance and could find none. Maybe it was an in the air flag that I was mistaking for a tunnel flag from the distance?
don't worry, bugs may be, but the maps run 99,9%

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Thank you to everyone that took part in our Forcepack event!

I truly apologize for the issues where a significant amount of members were unable to join the game when a map change occurred. I did try and mitigate it as best I could by removing (as far as I could see) essentially every second map in the rotation (as this issue happened literally with every second map).

For the most part this worked, though there was the odd one or two persons that still weren't able to join after a map change and had to wait until the next map.

The event server will continue running the Forcepack add on until Monday morning, afterwards the server will be shut down to make way for something else...

HelloClan's next event is slated to be Battlefield 1942 with @BangBangOw coming back from holiday. Then we may work on an alternative rotation for events between services. SK is helping me create a calendar page for events, where I'd like to potentially have all our events listed in future. I'll update on that when it's ready.

Our events have been a bit bumpy with add-ons / mods (basically anything involving the user having to install something extra to join), so in due course I'd like to try my best to make this process easier, and if I can't do that then I'll just make a full youtube video how to for whichever specific mod we are going to run for an event.

As always, I make sure I am available before, during & after events to assist players wanting to join and or teamviewing with them. Obviously, this means I alt tab a lot, so my streams pause every now and then, but you can checkout my live stream of the event here:

As part of our Affiliate program, you may have noticed our partners are becoming active. :) We will be host to sharing their events on our platforms, as they in turn share and help us.

This is all part of growing our community even further and increasing our reach as well as assisting similar communities. I'll have a special post regarding this somewhere along the line when I finalize other partnerships. :)

Regards,
Ice

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Yeah well, this is all normal though, same things happen in the BF2 modded events: problems come up (sometimes with terrible consequences like ... crashing the server involuntarily), installations sometimes are not done properly (without reading) ... so you are pretty much witnessing the same route we faced when we started hosting modded events. So all I can suggest is last-minute changes are not good ideas, and multiplayer test-runs are always welcome. ?

Back