• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

{AiR} Piet

Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Greetings everyone,

I have unfortunately hit rock bottom.

To those that may not have known, Piet - a long standing Hello BFV player - is missing in action. He had been sick for a very long time, he had cancer (I am not sure what type). I have been trying to contact him via DM on the site, and even directly emailing him. I have not yet had a response.

I have tried to track him down on Facebook, but I simply can't figure out which one he is or even if he is there.

I am thus reaching out to our community, if you know him personally or know of someone that has a direct contact method (other than email) for him, I would greatly appreciate it.

Above all else, if you could tell me that he is okay and well. That is all I want to know.

Piet was last seen, according to GameTracker on Feb 23, 2020 4:54 PM. https://www.gametracker.com/player/{AIR}Piet/158.69.118.94:15567/

He has been around here for such a long time, and although not many players know it, he is a really nice person. I have had the opportunity of speaking with him on a few occasions back when we still used TeamSpeak. He is a member of this community and to that effect I would like closure, this is something I would do for any member of our community. We are in this together.

Any assistance here would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
Piet was a good player and fun to chat with on Teamspeak. A gentle fellow. I remember him saying he was terminal with cancer. I believe he said stomach cancer but am not positive.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Sadly yes.

Rad1Cals

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
I met Piet the first time in our 1.0 community about 15 years ago.
Its hard to read these informations and it also makes me sad.
I will try to contact tresor and ask him about that.
Its just another moment we all should check and realize whats really important in life.

HueyBob

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Bob
I met Piet the first time in our 1.0 community about 15 years ago.
Its hard to read these informations and it also makes me sad.
I will try to contact tresor and ask him about that.
Its just another moment we all should check and realize whats really important in life.
So sorry to hear about this, Piet was a regular on the all the 1.0 Servers (and later patches) Great guy and rolemodel player (even if he was an irritatingly good Jet pilot).
TBH he was one of the players I most expected to still find playing (I've been away for many years).
Speaking of which: Hi Radicals, long time bud, hope you're well
Doe's Flyer, Puma or any of our old clan still play?

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about this, Piet was a regular on the all the 1.0 Servers (and later patches) Great guy and rolemodel player (even if he was an irritatingly good Jet pilot).
TBH he was one of the players I most expected to still find playing (I've been away for many years).

I have been playing HELLO BFV off and on the past few years and I do not recognize any of those player names. Do join us. We have a blast.

pinky

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
my little pwny plays sometimes :)

Back