• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

How to download and install FREE Battlefield Vietnam Point of Existence (PoE) Mod

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Part 1.

A few players have reached out to me that they would like to install Point of Existence (PoE) mod. We are planning a HelloClan BFV PoE Mod Fill The Server Event coming soon in the next few months.

If you do not have Battlefield Vietnam PoE Mod installed on your PC, here are easy instructions below on how to get it for FREE!
  1. Before you begin, make sure that you have installed the most current BFV NO CD PATCH from here.
  2. Click on this link and download the PoE client file. You can download it anywhere in you PC, preferably in Downloads folder.
  3. Open your Downloads folder or the folder where you downloaded the PoE client file
    Poe Install Instructions 1.jpg
  4. Right Click on the zip filed called poe_client_v1.0 and click on Open
    Poe Install Instructions 2.jpg
  5. A new Folder Window will open. Right click on PoE-v1.0.0.0.exe and click on Open (Please note: This file will take several minutes to Open)
    Poe Install Instructions 3.jpg
  6. Wait for the file to open. If folder header shows "Not Responding" don't worry. It takes time
    Poe Install Instructions 4.jpg
  7. Allow Request for Permission to install on the bottom of your desktop screen. Select Yes
    Poe Install Instructions 5.jpg
  8. Click Next
    Poe Install Instructions 6.jpg
  9. Click I Agree
    Poe Install Instructions 7.jpg
  10. This should be your default BFV folder path. Click Next
    Poe Install Instructions 8.jpg
  11. Click Install
    Poe Install Instructions 9.jpg
  12. Installation will start with progress bar
    Poe Install Instructions 10.jpg
Continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Continued... Part 2.

1. Installation will complete. Check Launch PoE and click Finish
    Poe Install Instructions 11.jpg
  2. After PoE launches, click on MultiPlay
    Poe Install Instructions 12.jpg
  3. Now click on Internet
    Poe Install Instructions 13.jpg
  4. Select PoE in Custom Filter
    Poe Install Instructions 14.jpg
  5. Click to select any available PoE server and click on JOIN
    Poe Install Instructions 21.jpg
  6. Currently, the only PoE Dedicated BFV server is called Europe BFV.
    EuropeBFV_In_Gametracker.jpg
  7. Enjoy the best mod in Battlefield Vietnam with new Fighter Jets, Helicopters, Tanks, Artillery, Humvees, Aircraft Carriers, Weapons, on 41 maps for FREE!
    1616035673547.png

8. VoteMap is on
    Poe Install Instructions 20.jpg

Last edited:

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Does the mod affects the normal game in any way?

Or can I still start the game normally if I use the normal .exe file?

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Does the mod affects the normal game in any way?

Or can I still start the game normally if I use the normal .exe file?
Mod does not affect the normal game in any way. Your BFV will run exactly as before. Mod will install a separate desktop icon to launch the mod.

You can start BFV normally even after you install the mod.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Ah thanks Al. Will try it out then.

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
Let's see if they'll put it on me ... I'll tell you, it takes me less to go to the moon on foot, than putting this on.
I'll let you know

Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
I downloaded and tried extracting again, same result. I also tried running the .exe file directly from the zip folder and got another error.

1659148602291.png

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

TheNME

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
So I am able to download and install the P.O.E. mod BUT!!!! first The server you have pointed out in the instructions doesnt exist at the moment. 2nd, when I did click on one of the servers where I saw a couple familiar names I was told to "please insert either bfv disk". What is up with that? install went perfectly so not sure whats going on here.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
So I am able to download and install the P.O.E. mod BUT!!!! first The server you have pointed out in the instructions doesnt exist at the moment. 2nd, when I did click on one of the servers where I saw a couple familiar names I was told to "please insert either bfv disk". What is up with that? install went perfectly so not sure whats going on here.
Hello NME,

You are meant to run the mod from the PoE shortcut it creates...not via the normal BFV executable. And the only server working with PoE (I think) is ours from the event. :)

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
FYI, After going back to run regular BFV (post POE game mod), I'm getting "Insert CD" messages again too. I guess I will have to re-patch the NO-CD mod again.
Also, before this event I am no longer seeing the Hello All Maps in the BFV game browser any more. I had patched the browser a few months ago and was seeing it regularly, but now nothing. Not a big deal, I just go back to "add a server".

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
FYI, After going back to run regular BFV (post POE game mod), I'm getting "Insert CD" messages again too. I guess I will have to re-patch the NO-CD mod again.
Also, before this event I am no longer seeing the Hello All Maps in the BFV game browser any more. I had patched the browser a few months ago and was seeing it regularly, but now nothing. Not a big deal, I just go back to "add a server".
I think that the PoE shortcut overwrites the original BFV one. So even if you launch Bfvietnam.exe it opens using PoE. However I must ask to confirm, did you try launching from the original BFV shortcut / i.e. root of your game install?

And have you tried clicking "Update" in the multi-player tab? :)

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
I think that the PoE shortcut overwrites the original BFV one. So even if you launch Bfvietnam.exe it opens using PoE. However I must ask to confirm, did you try launching from the original BFV shortcut / i.e. root of your game install?

And have you tried clicking "Update" in the multi-player tab? :)

My original BFV shortcut would only start POE now, so I went into the custom games and reactivated my BFV 1.21 so it would start normally. Now it does, but I need a CD to get into the game online. I'll reapply the NO-CD patch when I get time. Thanks!

Back