• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Per a suggestion: no more idle map

Has this change positively impacted gameplay?

• Yeah!

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Nope.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I'm not convinced.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Greetings all,

As per a suggestion from Al Gore (https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/9219/#post-63774), the server's idle map (Operation Hastings) has been cleared. What this means is that whichever map is running when the last player leaves, will be the one left running.

Of course however, this does depend upon what map was left, because some maps have a ticket bleed from the start and thus it will bleed until the map is over and the next map will load.

It is just something to try out, we'll give it till the end of the month to see what the results are, however you are welcome to vote on the poll above if you are certain of your decision thus far.

Regards,
Ice

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Mid month review!

So far it seems like this change has had a slight affect on player count in the week day evenings. It seems to have dropped a bit.

A reminder to vote on this thread please. I've created a shortcut link as well and placed it in the in-game server announcements.

Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Hello Ice, if you notice a drop in players due to this change, please feel free to revert back to Hastings-Always-On-Empty-Server setting. I agree with you and I realized that people join more often when they see Hastings than other maps.

Hastings is a great map but I have played it so often in 2020 that I am suffering from Hastings-Fatigue ? Hastings is like Chocolate for most players while other (rarely played maps) are like vegetables. They just swarm on the chocolate when they see it ?

That said, I enjoyed in Hastings last Sunday. Half the time in that map I played with only one hand while having dinner with the other and still managed to get the top score ?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Howdy Al,

We'll give it till the weekend just see if there's any other votes. ;)

Haha, I can understand getting tired of a map if it plays often enough. :D

One handed playing eh? You should get an award for that... :D

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Update:

After trying it out as much as possible, it's seemingly evident it had a negative outcome instead of positive. I have re-added the IDLE map as Hastings once more. ?

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
I, for one, appreciate that you make attempts to improve the server Ice. Obviously, something has been going on that is bringing players back to the game. I was on when we had 42 players and honestly, I cannot remember the last time I played with so many players on. Thanks for trying changes.

Can you add jeeps to La Drang?

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
But that is the charme of that map. :D
And that all maps are "stock", with no modifications, which makes this server unique.

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "- [HOLA] -Al Gore, publicación: 64157, miembro: 9963"]
Si Ice agrega jeeps a La Drang, ¿cómo vamos a perder peso? Ese es el único lugar donde caminamos tanto casi todos los días ? Como [USER = 10354] @silvia [/ USER] dijo recientemente "Caminé 100.000 kilómetros".
[/CITAR]

right -[HELLO]-Al Gore
htn doesn't play on that map much ... every time I play I have to buy a new keyboard. and the orthopedic surgeon told me that my finger may be amputated from pressing the W
It is the fault of iceskater .. it is not so difficult to put a car, an electric scooter, a boat or something.??????

And above after 2 hours to get to the other end of the map ... as soon as I arrive they kill me.
2 hours walking 200000km and I am only 1.5 seconds on the main.:mad:
If you do not put a vehicle at least put a restaurant.??

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I'll gladly take a look at adding something to get NVA troops to the US main when I get back home. I think a little compromise can be accepted in this department. :D

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
It's of course up to you, Ice.
But I like that all maps are stock, with all advantages and disadvantages ;)
On that specific map..there is a e.g. a ZSU available to drive to main, if wanted.

Back