• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Map Vote has returned.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Map vote has helped with server numbers over the last week by the looks of it and I have been on when Hastings has been voted on and watched extra players join so its here to stay. :)

Nitrofish

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
Very good news Vmax!

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
OK I am sick of reading how mapvote is so disruptive and although I love the feature I am turning it off until further notice.

It was the only way of effectively bypassing large maps when the numbers are low.
I will not be removing or tweeking any maps so don't bother asking me.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for trying that option again Vmax. It is always worth the effort and many certainly appreciated it.

T

TonyB

Hey Shaun, are you going to blame this on me? Did I bitch about map voting being turned on then off? Who was complaining? You blame me, how about naming those who were bitching because I see no posts in the forums? Seems fair to me since you blame me, which is the easy way out.

pinky

Last edited by a moderator:

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Shaun, are you going to blame this on me? Did I bitch about map voting being turned on then off? Who was complaining? You blame me, how about naming those who were bitching because I see no posts in the forums? Seems fair to me since you blame me, which is the easy way out.

pinky
Do you really think it's productive to antagonize IceSkater when he hasn't said anything about this? Why are you invoking him, when he isn't involved?

~The Deadliest Warrior

T

TonyB

Do you really think it's productive to antagonize IceSkater when he hasn't said anything about this? Why are you invoking him, when he isn't involved?

~The Deadliest Warrior

I am sorry but he threw me under the bus by blaming me for Vmax's departure.

Vmax says this "OK I am sick of reading how mapvote is so disruptive and although I love the feature I am turning it off until further notice. " - I didn't bitch. You don't see any posts by me bitching about map voting. If players are bitching about it, where are the posts? I want to see who was bitching.

I know this, I know several players accused me of abusing the map voting. Sorry boys, wasn't me. I said, if you start a map vote, I will vote yes. I voted yes when someone started a map vote to go to La Drang. I assumed it was Vmax but didn't care and didn't bitch. I played the map.

It's easy to look for a scapegoat and if it has to be, so be it. But there is plenty of blame to go around for the declining play on the server. The piddly-dink and non-existent punishments handed out to players who repeatedly, who over-and-over violated rules is one good reason. How many players complained about Player team switching over years? Yes, over years. How many guys bitched in game about it?

So, ask yourself .... you get to pick one player. You want Hellsfury on the server or Player?

pinky

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
I am sorry but he threw me under the bus by blaming me for Vmax's departure.

Vmax says this "OK I am sick of reading how mapvote is so disruptive and although I love the feature I am turning it off until further notice. " - I didn't bitch. You don't see any posts by me bitching about map voting. If players are bitching about it, where are the posts? I want to see who was bitching.

I know this, I know several players accused me of abusing the map voting. Sorry boys, wasn't me. I said, if you start a map vote, I will vote yes. I voted yes when someone started a map vote to go to La Drang. I assumed it was Vmax but didn't care and didn't bitch. I played the map.

It's easy to look for a scapegoat and if it has to be, so be it. But there is plenty of blame to go around for the declining play on the server. The piddly-dink and non-existent punishments handed out to players who repeatedly, who over-and-over violated rules is one good reason. How many players complained about Player team switching over years? Yes, over years. How many guys bitched in game about it?

So, ask yourself .... you get to pick one player. You want Hellsfury on the server or Player?

pinky

Doesnt Hells do baseball duties this time of year ? Are you really sure he bailed for good and very specifically just for the player issue ? Dont make shit up Pinky to piss off Vmax.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Dear Admins,

Please re-enable Map Vote. Most of the times there are few players online and during such times, most of the players are in favor to end current map, in order to get to a preferred map. Sometimes we want to fly helicopters, sometimes we want to fly fighter jets, sometimes we want a river map, sometimes we are in the mood to play like land maps with no aircraft. Please bring back democracy! You can set the Map Vote to a high number % to make sure that almost all the players want to change the map. You can tweek this number over time. I would also like to enable Kick Vote but that's a separate topic. Thanks!

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Hello, karuneshstar!

---The benefits of map voting are obvious when there are only few players online, no doubts. However, how hard_rice mentioned, it is a subject for a constant abuse. As you can see even from this old thread, there were many attempts to re-enable it, but every attempt failed due to the malicious usage of it. Yes, you can set the map vote to a high %, but there's no standard option to change time periods between votes, which is now about 180 seconds. I haven't looked thoroughly into this mechanism yet, so if somebody knows how to change it safely, post it here and maybe map voting will live again!
---As for now, I can suggest the only option available: if there are only few players on the server and everybody wants to get map changed, try to ask an admin for that. Even if it seems there are currently no admins online, they may hear you anyway through remote application. I am sure they won't refuse of such request!

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Hey!
Unfortunately, it's not so easy.. This setting is for timing, when someone has already began the vote:

But there's no such setting to change the allowed gap between which you can cast the vote once again. Or at least I'm not aware of it..

Back