• Only Administrators may post here. If you want to appeal your ban, please do so in the Appeal Your Ban section.
  • Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[WaPRA] Sgt.Fear 24 hour language ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Player: [WaPRA] Sgt.Fear
Admin: The Deadliest Warrior
Rule Broken: Insulting/Derogatory Language
Action(s) Taken: Banned for 24 hours
Admin's note: Fear has continued to antagonize silvia, and although he received warnings from both myself and silvia (as well as a polite request that he leave her alone on the preceding Flaming Dart) he continued to taunt her (typing "ajajaja," as if in Spanish, each time he killed her, even though she asked him to stop). The language in question was comparatively mild, although it was the intent behind the language that was objectionable, so it's only 24 hours.

The map where I asked Fear to please leave silvia alone, as per her request: http://forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/stats/chatlog.php?id=41597

The map which resulted in his 24 hour ban: http://forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/stats/game.php?id=41599

sgt_fear

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
Yeah now all know laughing in chat is forbidden. For me personally.
In same time nobody care when anyone insult me, my family and my race. All just mean I am Untermensch.

You just want ban me and you did. Simple line.

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Fear, I shouldn't have to explain this, but I guess you're forcing me to.

For the past several months you have been personally antagonizing silvia. You may claim to deny this, but the fact that she has personally requested and demanded that you stop bothering her proves that you are taunting and insulting her (especially when you insult her by claiming she is lying about her gender).

You have not been banned for "laughing in chat." Please don't insult our collective intelligence. It's quite clear, based on your repeated previous behavior, and based on the context with which you typed "ajajaja" that such language was directed as personal attacks against silvia.

If you think this is unfair against you, I can promise you it's not. If you believe people are insulting you, your family, or your race, tell them in chat to stop, and if they don't stop, make a report in the forum. It will be looked at and action will be taken. But since you rarely post on the forums, there's no way to analyze your claim one way or the other.

At any rate, it's 24 hours. Don't make a bigger deal out of this than you need to. And for crying out loud, leave silvia alone.

~The Deadliest Warrior

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Harassment is no small thing Fear. I once quit playing for a year because someone was taunting me every single game and it took the joy right out of it. If Silva is not bothering you, why do you feel the need to go out of your way and bother her? We are done playing nice with people who turn up with evil intentions. Please stop. Do you really want Silva to quit? Who will you play against if that happens? Be a human being for crying out loud!

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Fear,

You are a very skilled and active player and you often have a good deal of fun banter with other players. I've seen some cases where there hasn't been any noticeable bad language but Silvia has asked you to stop or said she was going to report you to administrators. There may have been objectionable things said in other languages that I may have missed because there were translation issues.

Nevertheless, as Deadly and Robo are trying to emphasize - you can still harass and offend someone without using bad language. Women are subject to many kinds of harassment that men cannot fathom - much of it very subtle but never the less damaging.

If she asks you to stop or if an administrator asks you to stop because they feel she may be uncomfortable, you need to please stop. I don't think there is any debate.

by26stu

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
LOL great entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back