• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Map Voting

T

TonyB

I was just on playing a little bit.

Look at the numbers:

19 players were playing on Saigon 68 when I got into the game.
http://helloclan.eu/bfv/stats/game.php?id=35791

Next map was Ho Chi Minh Trail. I started the map and immediately started a map vote. It failed so I left and went to do laundry. The player numbers at the start was like 9 or so. Ended up with 8 players playing the map.
http://helloclan.eu/bfv/stats/game.php?id=35793

Next map Operation Hastings. When I joined, red had capped blue main. I immediately started a map vote for same map. It passed. There were 11 players.

The 2nd time we played Hastings, 12 players.
http://helloclan.eu/bfv/stats/game.php?id=35794

Next map was Hue. I started a map vote for Game Warden. Vote failed so I went to spectate. When the map ended, there were 8 players.
http://helloclan.eu/bfv/stats/game.php?id=35795

In my opinion, the map vote feature has been a real plus. The one problem remains, however, that we lose players when certain maps come on, even with map voting.

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
I like when you put the extra effort in to document this sort of thing Pinky, it helps us see what is going on not just hear it.

I think mapvote has not been enabled long enough for us to make a summary judgement imho, but you do have a valid point here.

Perhaps there is a way we could track these numbers over a longer time period whilst giving mapvote a good run and then see what to do?

T

TonyB

Thank you my dear friend!

I'm trying to buy a party barge for Saylorville Lake this summer. Promise me you will come boat and have a few adult beverages. Lots of half-naked women......

Hell, all of you turds are invited, including Doey.

pinky

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
DUDE! I'm in!

T

TonyB

Captain Canada, Vmax, Ricey, Peach, Nagi, Robo, Mr. Orange, Shauny, Mr. Big, Fears, Doey and Clint Eastwood have all advised me that they want to be on the boat.

Rambo FlamingDart

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Pinky, I would love to participate, however it's a bit far for me to travel from europe as I'm quite busy in summer.
Wish you have a nice time ;)
Greets

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
I will be bringing some home brewed beer and some Kangaroo steaks if I they let me into the country :p

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I vouch for him and his snazzy steaks and brews!

michuneo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Good summary Pinky!

How about increasing the vote threshold just a bit higher than?

I like the mapvote when out of 4 players 3 of them willingly change map to sth cooler.

With that vote cap I haven't seen succesfull vote with like 20 players. Higher cap will disencourage from that vote spamming sometimes while still (hopefully) leaving it possible to win with let's say 4-6 players on the server max.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Lets get rid of map vote and turn Friendly Fire on :D

T

TonyB

Map vote hasn't been so bad Vmax. I haven't seen one succeed in days, perhaps the past week. It's not being used as much as it was when first implemented.

With the change in the map order, I really don't care if it is removed. It is nice when there are but a few players on and they don't want to play one of the bad maps.

I am in favor of giving FF a try. We had a discussion on this topic just the other day. Some of the guys in the chat believed that players would leave the game because of it. You throw a grenade and you kill a teammate. Mines would be a continual problem and we would get to the point where players simply wouldn't use those kits.

It is unfortunate that the system cannot be better tweaked for Friendly Fire.

Back